Reviews for Equanimity
tanseynz chapter 45 . 3/18
You get the feeling hell is about to break loose. Not quite sure I get it about Spock yet, but looking forward to finding out.
This is the most sophisticated character study I have read in a long, long time. I hope your next installment will follow soon... Thank you for this!
Linstock chapter 45 . 12/23/2014
The plot thickens.
nmletters chapter 36 . 12/20/2014
As I wrote in a prior review, I can't believe I missed these b/c these they're very well written and more to my taste - for ST is about the epic-ness of Spock and Jim as friends, then the 3 Musketeers and closely the tightness of the rest of the base. I had little notes on the various chapters, but since I'm binging - let me say I'm really enjoying my marathon read :) I usually prefer a more easy relationship between them, just b/c I always has the TOS in my head, but this is very plausible and probably realistic way of how they developed after the 1st movie. I'm for them to jump into being BFFs is too much esp b/c your so honest w/Jim and what's going on in his head.

I'm not an S/U fan at all, not anti, but like it to very well hidden, but so far I'm ok w/what's here also b/c so far, it's more like a really, good, close friend - that soup,ahh - that just hurt my heart.

Love this chapter b/c I love the idea of Bones liking Spock underneath all that bluster and also being a good CMO and of course more people worrying about Spock and being his friend is wonderful (esp if it's Pike b/c I do like that character a lot)

Anyhow, I'm glad you updated so this came on my radar and thanks for all the good reads!

If there was a chance I could turn into an S/U person, you're writing would do it, it's great!
AtWarpNine chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
I love how this is all shown from Jim's point of view, with what he notices and doesn't notice. I can totally hear his voice in it, and his style.
I can't wait to find out (along with Jim) exactly what is happening here!
Linstock chapter 44 . 12/15/2014
What a wonderful christmas surprise, finding some new chapters to this much loved fic. It seems Spock, kirk and all the enterprise will have an interesting new Year. i look forward to readinf about it.
Obsessive66 chapter 43 . 12/12/2014
I almost teared up up your last sentence. It is unutterably sad that no one on Enterprise - except possibly Uhura, and then probably only as a muted echo that is unbearable all the same - can really empathise with Spock regarding his planet's destruction.
The Ga chapter 43 . 12/12/2014
Oh Bravo! I cannot tell you clearly enough how absolutely delighted I was when I got home from a brutal day at work to see not one, but two alerts telling me you had updated stories! Now that I have read this most excellent update, am going to read the update to Comforts from Home.

Over the years, I have re-read these stories as well as all your others multiple times and they are always a pleasure to read.

Thank you for coming back!
Bergamotte chapter 42 . 5/31/2014
Sauce, you have an amazing ability to get into these characters' heads! Not only in this story, but in your others as well. I don't remember any other writer spelling out the pain and trauma that Spock suffered when he lost his mother and his planet. I really like the way that you defined and explained the interactions between Spock and Kirk. Bravo!
teacup storms chapter 42 . 12/28/2012
I really love the way you write Spock here. A lot of writers try, but here, with "Equanimity", you're the first to really make me *believe* that Vulcans are aliens, not just humans with emotional disorders identifiable by specific physical characteristics. Thank you for posting this. It's a joy to read, and I definitely hope to be able to read more in the future.
Guest chapter 42 . 9/27/2012
This fic is fantastic - and heartbreaking. I can't even imagine how Spock hangs in there. I'd have found myself a gun or a knife, or had an "accident" on an away mission long since. Please, please, write some more!
NYCUtopia chapter 42 . 4/17/2012
Awesomeness isn't only found in the sauce!

More, please?
Linstock chapter 42 . 12/16/2011
I loved this conversation. I really like you McCoy. It is an interesting and valid points that none of the crew , with the possible exception of Uhura , knew Spock before or realise how he may have changed. I am very interested in what Kirk will do with this insight.
SetPhasers2Stun chapter 39 . 12/11/2011
Wow. you keep writing these amazing chapters! model united nations has something to the federation diplomacy set up, but the entire excercise is futile as no one has these rules and spatial arrangemnts that are mentioned. Where did you find this game description? is it your own? very cool.
SetPhasers2Stun chapter 38 . 12/11/2011
Bones was amazing in this chapter! I can't believe he pulled this on Kirk- a mastermind where strategy and improvisation is required. To think, Kirk admitted to trusting Spock implicitly- something he probably wouldn't have inferred but stated. However, because Bones was flipping awesome- kirk was caught off guard. Brilliant! I love this story!