Reviews for Apostolic Way
Saoirse7 chapter 17 . 4/15
Wow. Yeah, Lieutenant Pevensie is definitely out of touch with his family, almost pathetically so. It's no wonder that Helen and he are at odds. I look forward to seeing what else you'll do with Edmund in Washington!
Saoirse7 chapter 15 . 4/8
I don't know if you mentioned this somewhere, but is the Stone Gryphon series part of your "everybody lives, nobody dies" AU? Great story so far, though! Susan is finally headed off towards her calling, Helen has more of an idea of what happened, and Asim finally met Lucy. Quite the surprise for him to pass out because of how much she shines, but the fact that she shines brightest isn't surprising at all. I look forward to the rest!
Saoirse7 chapter 9 . 3/19
Interesting format, though I liked it. I admit I'm a little confused on a few of them, however. Firstly, why was Jill's mum's letter sent back? Secondly, was it Richard Russell writing to Kenya or a different Richard?
Saoirse7 chapter 3 . 3/17
Loved the Silver Chair foreshadowing! :) Eustace and Mary would definitely get on very well and it's always nice to see him trying to work out what exactly happened in Narnia.
SweetSunnyRose chapter 17 . 3/8
Lieutenant Pevensie is indeed an ass! (Pardon my language; I don't usually use such words. But dang-blast it, he deserves it! Wretched little creep!) I feel so bad for Helen now.

Great chapter though. I was glad to see all the bits with Edmund and Morgan in theses last two chapters. I do hope to see more of this and the final bit of H&M as well.
I was teary eyed when Edmund and Helen were talking after dinner. I feel so relieved that she knows at last, or mostly knows. I know it is a big burden off her shoulders knowing something was up but not knowing what and the frustration of receiving no answers. I'm glad Edmund let her in on it, even if only a little.

And at last! Asim and Lucy meet. I think it quite funny that everyone else was being so secretive around him with the whole Narnia thing, but Lucy comes right out and says "I've met two Stars!" and mentions Aslan by name and doesn't hide it at all.

So now...do you suggest I read Rat and Sword go to war now, or just continue on with the next two chapters of this. (I really don't mind reading out of order, though, on principle, I refuse to read Acceptance of Terms the until H&M is finished. A part of me still insists that Edmund is not going to leave Morgan and that they'll live happily ever after. Ridiculous considering I'm reading this now...but still.)

Oh and I totally laughed at Morgan going to look for another candlestick to hit Aslan over the head with at the wall of water.
SweetSunnyRose chapter 9 . 2/22
I honestly teared up when Edmund wrote in his journal. And then Lucy's diary entry got to me too, even though I really haven't seen much of her and Aidan together. I do hope at some point she finds someone she can talk to about her growing friendship with Jack. I can only imagine how difficult and confusing it must be for her.
SweetSunnyRose chapter 6 . 2/19
Ah yes, Edmund's "fairy tale" is my favorite. But did Susan really help save Archenland? I mean Lucy was actually at the battle, but there wouldn't have been a battle if Susan hadn't strung Rabbidash along.

I'm curious as to how Lucy led a mutiny on a pirate ship.
michele chapter 4 . 1/26
I finished all your fics quite a bit ago and have returned to catch up on updated ones and do some rereading, so this is a bit of a comprehensive review on your AU. It is very good, i love the detail and though that gets put into everything and the little Google adventures your details lead to. Your romance in H&M is like a breath of fresh air. Its kind of hard to make me root for OFC but you did it. As for constructive criticism the works sprawl a bit. Sometimes you will be reading a story and feel like your missing something, then the details will be filled in later and it can get irritating. Otherwise it's a great story with wonderful characterization and a historical feel.
Susan M. M chapter 16 . 12/13/2013
"Places like Marlhurst-Brockstone aren't good for people like you. I wish you could just keep your head down and your ears shut when idiots like Reverend Collins open their mouths." No, definitely the wrong time and place for our Lucy. She does not suffer fools gladly, nor does she believe that discretion is the better part of valor. I said before your writing reminds me of TheKnittingLady, who writes Criminal Minds fanfic here and at AO3. I should mention that it also reminds me of Mercedes Lackey, especially her novel The Serpent's Shadow.
Susan M. M chapter 12 . 12/13/2013
I very much suspect that when I finish reading your Narnia stories I shall need to go back and reread them, putting things into context that I may have missed from reading them out of order.
Susan M. M chapter 9 . 12/13/2013
I love epistolary novels, so this chapter was a delight. However, both Mary and Lucy will find that others give their words more credibility if they spell properly. (I know their errors are deliberate on your part; I do not accuse you of misspelling.) It was (forgive me, Peter) magnificent to see so many different points of view in one chapter.
Rachel chapter 17 . 11/24/2013
The way you craft your stories is so fascinating! Please continue, I'm anxiously awaiting a new chapter!
WiseQueen chapter 15 . 10/27/2013
Apparently we were waiting for you to write, but after that, I've been waiting for me to read. I've hardly been to this site for months. But I've got all the chapter alerts in my mail box, so I know exactly where to find things.

And finally you have written what I realize I've been waiting for ever so long - two items, in fact.

Edmund finally letting his mother in on their secrets. He does it so thoughtfully, too, starts from an angle that might actually explain, and takes her along to realize what he's talking about. And confirms that now she does indeed understand. Very well done.

And the other item, which I've been waiting for ever since Asim's first dream: His first meeting with Lucy.
And what a meeting. His perception of her is stunning, because to him, she is stunning, the way the encounter with an angel might be. Later, you give some of it a natural explanation, but I think there's more to it than that - and I think that's what you want to convey as well.

I had read the beginning of the chapter before, and also some draft pieces here and there in the rest of it - but those two scenes were new, at least in this version. They were great.
Qween of the Damned chapter 17 . 10/3/2013
Absolute love.

I wish I could give more articulate and perhaps helpful reviews, but I haven't got the words. I'm so looking forward to the next chapters, and seeing further development of the characters-both main canon and side original ones! I must say, I really do like Alice and the influence she's being on Lucy. I hope more of this is allowed to play out.

I've not reviewed for a couple of chapters so:

I loved Asim and Lu's first meeting. It was perfect and so beautiful and thank you for having Lucy tell Asim of his God-light. I think that was so small and sweet, yet so significant.

Edmund and his meeting with his father: I can only sadly imagine what it is that is written in R&C, and the whole ordeal just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I so hoped that John would perhaps turn around and not be a complete sack of, well.

Helen & knowing about Narnia! I didn't see that coming! I suppose it is only right and proper that it come from Edmund though, but I actually thought that Susan would be more likely to tell her. Although given Susan's reluctance to discuss Narnia at all... I see how this would tie in with the very awful words "Susan is no longer a friend of Narnia"... It breaks my heart, but she has to fool her own siblings into thinking she no longer cares, doesn't she? (Sorry, idle wondering)

George is an excellent man, and every bit the kind mentor I feel Edmund perhaps needs at this point. I do keep getting confused with the ages and aliases and all that Ed & Su are assuming. Ha!

I did love the flashback scenes, but Harold and Morgan are so true a match, they're practically canon in my mind.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing your Narnia with us!