Reviews for Apostolic Way
sonsofdurin chapter 17 . 7/29
After rewatching TLtWatW and PC recently I felt the need to reread some of my old favourite fics from back in the NFFR days. The Stone Gryphon series is as amazing as I remember it; the detail and research you have put into these stories is on a level I have rarely seen before or since then, and I hope that one day you finish Apostolic Way as it remains one of the best fics I've ever had the pleasure of reading
Kate B chapter 3 . 5/18
... home, from the square electric lights to the conspicious lack of mirrors and the brown, repetitive meals. In an effort to understand the multitude of references he kept missing, now that he hung around with the Pevensies more often, Eustace had asked Lucy where he could access a Bible. Her eyes had lit up, and she presented him with her own copy, with pages lovingly worn and supple black leather.
"I hope this sheds some understanding on you, Friend", she smiled, a spark in her eyes making Eustace wonder if she knew his reasons for reading, "for you may find this parallels much of what Aslan wishes us to know".
Kate B chapter 3 . 5/18
Hey, Rth, you should rite a fic about Eustace first reading the Bible.

It was rather odd, how the entire world revolved around a character in an ancient tome, Eustace decided as he snuck quietly from Lucy's room into the hallway. After all, one was always being told to keep a cool head and that life wasn't a fairytale. In addition to cleaning their house of all classics other than the most dreary treatises on global trade, Harold and Alberta has striven for logic and banality in every aspect of their
Sarah chapter 17 . 4/19
Thank you for the effort you put into these stories. I've been following them since the first part of The Stone Gryphon. I come back every now and then to reread bits and pieces; thank you for making the world of Narnia even more intriguing!
Stephanie chapter 17 . 4/1
I do hope you continue this story some day! You've turned Edmund into one of my favorite literary characters. I never realized before how complex and flawed a character could be and that I could still really like him.
I know it doesn't happen in the story, but Polly's letter to Richard made me really really want to see an outtake where Polly and Asim smuggle beavers out of Norway.

...

...pretty please?

Looking forward to your next update :)

-vanarian
fireice.ld chapter 16 . 2/24
Iam so sorry I haven't reviewed before.
I this storry so much i have been reading it nonstop for the last three days. Please continue to write the story is ina very intersting place right now.
Can you also includ more of asim's pov pretty pretty
please
Monsters of NY chapter 10 . 12/13/2015
As I've been going through "The Stone Gryphon", I've been trying to organize my thoughts regarding your handling of race-heavy on the "constructive" and light on the "criticism", since I think you generally do a very good job-but after reading this chapter, I'm not sure if I have anything left to say. Jill Pole-*a canon character*-is from the Caribbean and biracial like me and that makes me incredibly happy.

On a tangentially related note, its interesting to see you handle the latter books, where there's less space for one to play with the story without running into canon. I'm particularly surprised to see the prism through which the reader sees Eustace and Jill's attack on Experiment House left relatively unchanged, and I'm left wondering if that is because of fidelity to the source, authorial agreement, or because the story gets to that in later chapters.
northpeach chapter 17 . 9/12/2015
Am dearly looking forward to the next chapter~!
Lena chapter 17 . 8/21/2015
I sincerely hope that you are not finished with this marvelous work. I've read and reread it a few times in the past two years and would love to see more. Please consider revisiting our friends you've so carefully crafted!
Guest chapter 17 . 8/15/2015
I love this. Please update soon! This is my umpteenth reading and it never ceases to amaze and delight me.
keller chapter 17 . 8/13/2015
this is such a beautiful, brilliant story. everything is so interesting and brilliant and perfect and I've learned far more about ww2 from your writing than I ever learned in school. The way you've developed these characters is nothing short of brilliant- I know I keep using that word, but I can't think of another for something so shining and meaningful- and it has become more canon to me than all that Lewis wrote. There are parts of it that are very much a light to me. Thank you for that. Thank you for all of this.
cuckoobird chapter 17 . 7/24/2015
Hello rthstewart! Long-time lurker/fan here. I've been reading your work on since 2010. I've taken it upon myself to regularly re-read most of your collective works (definitely the Stone Gryphon series) once or twice a year since then.
I just wanted to give my humble thanks for your stories. I can't explain quite how, but I feel a working comparison would be that it was like Asim meeting the Pevensies for the first when I first read the Stone Gryphon Pt I. Your stories have been a guide and light for me as I first found them in a time when I was "meeting the Spare Oom counterpart of Aslan" upon "journeying from Narnia," so to speak, and it has helped me understand and wrestle with making sense of the intermingling flow of life and faith for me and my own journey beyond the wardrobe. I am deeply thankful for finding kindred hearts in your characterizations of the Royal Siblings.
I eagerly await your updates and in the meantime, will be gleefully rereading your past masterpieces and savoring the wisdom, wit, humor, and adventure you have so masterfully woven into your words.
Ralph Brew chapter 16 . 6/8/2015
Hi there Rthstewart,
I have been enjoying your Stone Gryphon series some more. To the detriment of my study and work I might add. Lol. You are clearly a very very prolific writer if you can say at the end of Chapter 6 of Apostolic Way: Heart and Crow go to War, that you also write to pay the mortgage. OMG. The complexity and emotional integrity of your characters and their inner worlds, and the interconnectedness of the plots and flashbacks to Narnian time are quite breathtaking. I am enjoying Susan, Edmund, Helen and Asim, particularly out of the characters. Peter comes across as a dutiful and accidental and somewhat boring Christ-like figure in most representations I have read and I look forward to reading about his adventures in the army. Thank you. I am also interested in your comments about the Narnian fanfic websites becoming hostile to anything but a particular view if the chronicles. Not sure what you mean. But you published this chapter some years ago now so maybe its all water under the bridge now? I find all sorts of Narnian writings, many are just amateur rubbish, overly romantic teenage gobbledegook, excuses for unreconstructed fundamentalist Christians to push their brand of bigotry, or otherwise very well written pieces that set wonderful scenes but don't go anywhere. Most disappointing. Your's are I am glad to say none of these. I hope life is treating you well. Best wishes.
Guest chapter 17 . 6/7/2015
Pl do continue this story. I'd love to read of Lucy's career as saint and communist.