Reviews for Beneath the Surface
DinoDina chapter 5 . 5/14/2018
You’re right, it’s not happy - but hopeful. I loved the pacing of this, and it’s a great take on the episode!
FranArian chapter 5 . 5/9/2016
Powerful...Wish they'd shown something like that in the series.
ToonyTwilight chapter 5 . 4/20/2014
I felt this added so much to Jack and Ianto's character and relationship. I would have been happy if this was an episode by itself because it works so well. Using what happened to Ianto and Lisa while comparing to Jack and Gray was genius.
Taamar chapter 5 . 1/8/2014
How on earth have I missed this? It's amazing. Beautiful like shattered glass.
Gmariam chapter 5 . 10/7/2013
This still really gets me. It's just amazing writing. So raw and emotional. The parallels between Lisa and Grey are brilliant. It's practically canon for me now. Just another review to say how much I love this story!
Monocerosik chapter 5 . 9/6/2013
Enjoyed it.
Of course I enjoyed it.
But this story was so damn hard. So... challenging, so good, unvelievably so - real and touching, no, not touching... heartbreaking. I feel ripped open and my heart is bleeding for them. You've made Jack and Ianto for me. You've created them - real people of flesh and bone, of heart and soul. Their emotions stay with me, vivid as if they were mine, fear and pride battling but I think it was Jack and Ianto who were loosing in this peculiar struggle.
SarkyNerd chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
Wow! This fic is so emotional and so real i can't even describe it! After crying for days after day 4 this fic really helped do thank you this is so well written! Fantastic!
Gmariam chapter 5 . 4/30/2013
Yes, it is a hopeful one. This is so realistic, fantastic job. I mean, what you've done with Jack is just brilliant, and yet I love Ianto even more for being so strong, for resisting the impulse to just give in. He stayed calm, he stayed rational, he stayed distant, yet he was still there for Jack. The fear of enclosed spaces and darkness just makes so much sense, it was wonderfully written. And Ianto's last question - Do you think that you could get the blood off y hands? - is just heartbreaking. Gah. This was wonderful. I'm so impressed. I loved it. One of those things I wish I could write. ;) Brilliant! Gina :)
Gmariam chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
I have always thought Ianto was a bit of an anchor for Jack, and that really comes across here. Obviously Jack has suffered some serious trauma, and bless Ianto for still being there, even if he's a bit distant. Fantastic reading!
Gmariam chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
The comparison between Lisa and Grey continues to be fantastic. Wonderful drama and strong writing. I love it. :)
Gmariam chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
""I promised you once," Ianto said, more a thought spoken aloud than an actual sentence. "I promised that I'd let you suffer."" Oh wow - what a place to bring back that line! Brilliant insight into Jack's psyche after being buried for so long, and I just think Ianto's reaction is perfect: like he's just doing his job, nothing more. But oh, that last line burns. This is great. Onward!
Gmariam chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
""Because I'm not demanding you kill him." Ianto turned away, back ramrod straight, footsteps sharp as gunshots." Powerful, again. I've only watched this painful episode once, so I haven't really thought about how they'd all react, but this is good. I can see it, I can hear it. I'm glad Ianto isn't just providing blind comfort, since he's in pain too. Good job - glad there is more!
Marilyn LinLithgow chapter 5 . 4/29/2013
Again, this was so,well done I saw it in my mind complete with a score. Bravo.
Alice Carter chapter 5 . 4/20/2013
I don't think I've read anything else that captured the horror of Jack's being buried alive quite like this. The comparison of Gray to Lisa is one I hadn't thought of, either. Great dialogue and characterizations. Terrific story!
PitOfDespair chapter 5 . 11/15/2011
And then the cracks begin to fill. And then they decided to kill off Ianto in CoE, a pointless and emotional death:'(
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »