Reviews for The Pumpkin Scone Conspiracy
Love2read23 chapter 7 . 7/28
Cute ending. Adorable faux title for Harry's book. Interesting how the guild conspiracy wasn't malicious although if they'd been truthful Harry might have assisted working against the memory thiefs. Great resolution. Thank you for writing.
sampam69 chapter 7 . 1/10
Excellent work, loved the mystery
:) :) :)
Guest chapter 4 . 11/30/2015
All this stuff about the Ministry and the Alley is very clever and interesting.
whitehound chapter 7 . 11/30/2015
Hah, I was right - I *thought* Ian was a wizard. And I'm glad the guilds turned out not to be villains.
whitehound chapter 6 . 11/30/2015
I don't think I've ever seen anybody use the guilds in a fanfic before, and it's a very clever idea.

All cider in Britain is alcoholic - non-alcoholic cider would just be called apple juice.
whitehound chapter 3 . 11/30/2015
There was this 1970s film called Wizards, about a war between to magical brothers which ended when one of them drew a pistol and shot the other.
whitehound chapter 2 . 11/30/2015
You're right, it *is* odd that Harry followed a strange Patronus. Maybe he'd seen his mum cast one the same, even though he doesn't consciously remember. What bugs me about that scene is that he was feeling for an unscabbarded sword, under water, in the dark, with his bare feet - it's a miracle he didn't slice his own toes off.

I think Transfiguration must always be temporary, or at least making it permanent is very difficult, otherwise there wouldn't be a need for wizards to have any sort of manufacturing economy. Why shop at Gladrags if you could transform a plain T-shirt or a sheet of paper into any robe you wanted?

Minor errata - should be sweets, not candy. It's spelled Kirkwall, with an 'a' - pronounced Kirkwa' - and Snape's house must be set in quite a deep valley in order to have an orchard, as there are almost no trees in Orkney and Shetland, because the wind blows them out of the ground. He certainly *would* have a good market for apple produce if he managed to get apple trees to grow, so that fits.

If by corn you mean maize, it doesn't grow in Scotland - I've tried. We just don't get enough sunlight: the cold and damp of winter sets in and kills it before it has a chance to ripen.
whitehound chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
Well written, interesting and original.

The introduction of an American-style postbox without explanation is a bit jarring. It makes perfect sense, given that they don't want the Muggle postman to approach the house, but they'd need to explain it to him (or her) - otherwise he might not even realise what it was for.

[Other minor Britpicks - all cider here in the UK is alcoholic, so heating it is unusual. The word "candy" is reserved for certain very specific kinds of sweets so the thing you call a candy thermometer is called a jam thermometer here. "Cookie", again, is reserved only for a few kinds of biscuits so we have shortbread biscuits, or just "pieces of shortbread".]
anaraz chapter 7 . 10/2/2015
wow!
you made from unoriginal ideas (corruption in the ministry, h/s...) very original fic.
I hope you will write more hp fics.
Kielyn chapter 7 . 4/14/2015
Thanks for this really good story - and the version too!
whitebuffalowmn chapter 7 . 8/20/2014
good story!
dp chapter 7 . 7/29/2014
well done ! thanks a lot

dark
history chapter 7 . 3/23/2014
I really love this fic and the plot and that in the end Harry has to choose between two evil.
HP-Lette-Fan chapter 7 . 3/16/2014
This was brilliant! I loved it.
ButterflyMane chapter 7 . 1/27/2014
I love this story so much...there's just something about your attention to detail that brings everything to life in a really lovely, heartwarming way.

Your writing is also real, and stripped back, and still true to character. It's a combination that works incredibly well.

I don't care if that cottage is freezing, I definitely want to live there :)

This story wasn't overly soppy, but it was still romantic and touching. I loved it, and I love your writing. Great job!