Reviews for No Such Thing As Sweet Dreams
littlemisssexkitty chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Love it, i adore your writing :)
knockplease chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Very well done! Excellent use of descriptive diction, "sweat-swaddled", "patchwork of unwanted ideas", "pale cloth he calls flesh", in particular. Love the alliteration and syntax. The tension is great. My only criticism is that the second sentence repeats the word "mind" three times, which sounds a bit redundant. this is an absolutely lovely piece and i have to add it to my "favorites". i hope to read more from you!
melianatara chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Don't stop there! I want more!and I like the style, it's different.
swan-scones chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
OH.

This is beautiful. You have such a way with imagery, in the way that it's kind of heady and sordid and trancelike. Wonderfully appropriate for this situation.

MANBITS/MANBITS is always good: only I think there's just something about this, the eeriness and the disjointed feel, I suppose, that almost 'shouldn't' be extended. Y'know? I mean, everyone loves lemons, but I think lemon would make this fic kind of bitter. Some things are so perfect they needn't be expanded on, bb. :)

I really hope you continue to write Gorillaz, anyway. Loved this fic.
Raccoon Child chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I just recently got into this fandom (like, three weeks ago) and I'm totally obsessed with it. I just adore Gorillaz and I can't believe I've actually waited all this time to actually become a fan of Albarn's music and Hewlett's art, and those characters that, now, I'm utterly in love with.

So when I checked my alerts and saw the summary of this fic, I was extremely happy, since you're one of my favorite authors.

I love your word choice on this drabble; everything is so easy to imagine, to feel. I love that it's so short and still so full of sensations.

This part is brilliant: "But he can't hide from his mind forever, and far too soon for his liking the dream is popping up, like little gray-green flowers at the edge of a graveyard."

So..., thanks for giving me another reason to think that this fandom is the best when it comes to amazingly written fanfiction, along with South Park and Naruto. Well, I shouldn't say they're the best, but they're still my favorite ones. :)

That's all. Thanks for sharing this fic, and keep up the good work.