Reviews for What's Past is Prologue
Rika chapter 29 . 11/11
Words cannot express how much I adore this fic. You are a marvelous writer and I loved every detail and twist and turn this story made. Thank you so much for giving us such a beautiful gift for this fandom, for this ship!
SheyrinaLabyrinthianDragon chapter 29 . 11/5
That was just...simply stunning. While the first chapters seemed a little off to me, I persisted in the hopes it would soon come together, and you did not disappoint! I also felt like your writing style became more polished the further the story went, a solidifying of your confidence in the direction you were headed with your plot. Very well written, indeed, and no sacrifices made to make the story appear rushed as you approached the end. Thank you for such a well-developed twist to the Labyrinthine world of writing.

I would like to add, however, that before I actually reached the end of the last chapter, I had a very uncomfortable feeling you might end it on the same note as the movie Sucker Punch. I felt the possibility quite keenly, and my relief that you didn't was quite profound. However, if you had, that would have been a whole other testament to the power in a story that would have left me despondent for days.

Aisling criostalach
Mad Shelley chapter 2 . 8/1
And...Tailypo. Seriously, I had a PTSD flashback from childhood reading this chapter. If you were never forced to read Tailypo, check it out.
Nicely done!
Faere chapter 29 . 7/12
Fabulously done. :-)
Faere chapter 22 . 7/12
The way Jareth talks about time it sounds like they need a timey-wimey detector. So it can go 'ding' when there's stuff.

Thanks for the cookies ;-)
C.Alexandra chapter 27 . 5/19
The drama! Wow...I'm stunned, really. This is certainly more complicated than I anticipated, and I may have to reread the dialogue again (the bit about the laws had my eyes crossing - likely, I was reading through it so fast to keep up with the building tension), but not now - I can't lose momentum with a cliffhanger like that.
On another note, I'm a bit confused as to the...how to word this without spoilers...identity of the queen who cursed the prince in the story shared several chapters back - is she the woman now unveiled in this chapter?

As always, I'm in awe of your ability for such grand storytelling. To have not only the imagination, brilliance, and pure artistry to weave such a tale, but to convey it so aptly, so vibrantly...it's an incredible gift and an absolute pleasure to come across. So, as ever, thank you for sharing - I can't wait to see how it ends...or, perhaps, begins anew ~
C.Alexandra chapter 3 . 5/16
This. Incredible. The concept is so intriguing! Some of the pieces have fallen into place - I remember this scene. Why not the rest of the story, though? No matter, I'll keep reading...this just became infinitely more interesting.
C.Alexandra chapter 1 . 5/16
I've read this before, I know, as I remember the refreshingly unique first chapter. Anything after escapes me, so I look forward to venturing this way once again, hopefully to rediscover whatever I must have overlooked or had possibly forgotten to favorite, the first time...
One with the Wind chapter 29 . 4/26
after all the twists and turns and emotional turmoil, I am so so glad for this ending Marathoned this entire story in two days. No regrets :D Thank you for a most excellent fic! Your characters were brilliant!
marshmallowdeviant chapter 29 . 4/26
This blew my mind. Literally one of the best fics I have ever read in any fandom. It's an epic! And so creative! It's perfect- it literally has all the things you want from a story and it really kept me guessing. Ah all that romance and adventure...happy sigh.
I just saw the date on this so I know it's old but I really hope that you're still writing because you have a gift :) Seriously great!
seifukyou chapter 29 . 3/27
I started reading this at 11pm and I swear I couldn't sleep until I finished it, even though I had to get up super early the next day. This ruined my whole next day but omg NO REGRETS! I loved every second
maraudergurl2010 chapter 29 . 3/18
This is the most EPIC, the most FANTASTIC, the most swervy, edge-of-your-seat-grabby, adventury, LEGENDARY fic I have ever read.

HOW DID YOU EVEN WRITE THIS? THIS IS SO. DAMNED. GOOD.

I don't know what to do with myself. I just, I have no words. So good. This is just so good.

Dude, I heart you. Thank you thank you thank you for this story. 3
retrogression chapter 1 . 3/14
I've only just come across this story, and I have to say.. it's absolutely brilliant. It's the sort of writing I'd expect from a bought novel (the kind you expect but usually don't end up getting). You're writing is lovely, complex and so very rich. I've been trying to read it slowly to savour it, but every day when I finish work I just devour more and more.

Thank you! I can't wait to read the rest (I'm about 70% through it), but I kind of wish I could stop and forget it all. Such a wonderful feeling that few authors can really achieve. Thank you!
philosykos chapter 29 . 3/8
This is hands down one of the most beautiful fics I've ever read. I finished this in less than two days and it was such an emotional rollercoaster. There were times when I was frightened and wary, and times when I would feel so much longing and heartbreak on behalf of our favorite pair. It was hard not to fall in love with your Jareth, with the way you made him so mysterious and frustrating but charming and sweet at the same time. I also love how you incorporated the older versions of fairytales (and The Dark Crystal!), since I have a soft spot for those and anything that remind me of Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber haha. Your style is excellent, I hope you keep on writing.
Fruitsmoothy chapter 29 . 2/2
Ah this story kept me up too many late nights in a row. On weekdays, no less! I had work the next mornings but your writing was so gooood! I loibved it. I loved how you depicted the characters-very true to their original selves I felt, and I loved the intriguing plot and tberir twisted and turns. I love how you incorporated the dark crystal and captured the underground! Loved it! Thank you.