Reviews for What's Past is Prologue
Eomer chapter 29 . 4/10
I stumbled upon this story from FicRecs.
I was just attempting to take a quick *break* from my studies- har. har.
It is now two a.m., and I have an Algebra exam that I am not nearly prepared for.
So WHY am I rediculously happy right now? ;)
I enjoyed your tale immensely- beautifully written, and not sappy.
The ending felt a bit rushed... but I absolutely LOVED it!
Thank you for the story, the effort you put into actually COMPLETING it!
(WHEN will K.L. Morgan finish WDMC? Or Subtilior Thrice Uon a TIme?)
Thank you for the recommendation- I have yet to check out startraveller776 and am certainly looking forward to it!
And thank you, The Labyrinth Resource! I have been aimlessly searching the fanfiction archives... It was lovely stumbling upon this precious jem.
Songbird chapter 27 . 3/24
Again, I have to review before I finish, because. Freaking. Chapter. Twenty. Seven.

Holy crap.

I know this is going to turn around. I know it will all work out, of course. It has to. But damn. That was a twist. The kind of twist that makes me want to scream "NO!" and burst into wicked cackles at the same time. Bravo. Well freaking done. That's twice now this fic has utterly slaughtered me.

And by the way, if you've not heard it before, the song My Medea by Vienna Teng came to mind at the end of this chapter. At least go look up the lyrics. Seriously.
Songbird chapter 22 . 3/23
I wasn't going to review until I finished, but damn it. Chapter 22 tore me apart.
The time thing is a little hard to follow, mostly because I'm guessing I don't have quite all the details yet (and thanks for the cookies), but I'm good at accepting what is fact even when I don't fully understand how it works...

Still, it seems so sad. For Jareth, to lose her over and over again, and more than that, but to never have the same Sarah twice... but also for Sarah. For that Sarah he loved most and any others, to not be able to stay with him. Gods, that's sad. It's not fair.

And it's completely beautiful.
JaiNess chapter 29 . 3/2
This story is utterly fantastic. Full of beautiful description, twists, great dialogue and is intriguing to the last word. My only wish...is for another!
Wudelfin chapter 29 . 12/8/2013
What a fantastic story! Thank you soo much for sharing this! I hope to see more of your work in the future.
Ha-seon chapter 29 . 11/24/2013
I'm asdfjkl; For a moment there, I thought you were going to pull one of those, "HAHA I just made you read nearly 30 chapters for no apparent reason because it actually didn't happen haha fooled ya" type of endings and I was going to rage quit but nope! This story is brilliant to the max. Absolutely stunning.
PeSm chapter 29 . 11/7/2013
I am blown away by this story! The dialogue, the flow of the story, the twists, turns and surprises... BRILLIANT! I love this story and you are a FANTASTIC writer! LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE!
Julie5 chapter 29 . 10/21/2013
Words cannot express the joy this story has given to me. Thank you.
Bloodsired chapter 29 . 10/5/2013
I'm glad I found your story. :D It's so amazing specially those cryptic messages, prophecies and riddles you make me guest it. Wow, you have remarkle imagination. Well done!
carmensimagination chapter 29 . 7/16/2013
I absolutely loved this story. Thank you so much for it, it was fluid and I thought very nicely written. All the twists and turns kept me guessing to the very end! You must have an amazing imagination
Luna chapter 29 . 7/15/2013
God! I love love love love loved this! The summary made me think "eh, sounds so-so" but I am sooooo happy I actually read this.
I love the depth and richness of your story, the plot twists and turns, the intrigue, the mystery, and the suspense.
Goodness! This was simply amazing. Powerfully imaginative with so many interesting parallels, explanation, and weaving of myth and fairytale into one incredible whole!
ashley2876 chapter 29 . 7/1/2013
:) I am satisfied. The ending got pretty crazy...I enjoyed every moment of it.
ashley2876 chapter 25 . 6/30/2013
Okay just a few more remarks!

Firstly, I was a bit right and a bit wrong. And where I'm wrong I'm confused...toby isn't Toby?

And your labyrinth is a single corridor that spirals. a true labyrinth. I love.

Your titles are some of my favorite parts of this story. This one was the best. Outside over there. When I first heard of this story (I had known the labyrinth before I knew this story), I almost exploded. That you're using it makes me absolutely delighted!

Lastly...I forgot to bring this up before, but I remembered because its mentioned. Jareth can't wish or dream, but when Sarah is hit by a car it sounds like Jareth wishes her to survive. And with her, he dreams. And this is speculation, but the witch gave him his gift when he was looking for a bride. So maybe his curse is lifted when he finds a woman who he knows wouldn't be with him for his future or whatever, but because of love? So, both a gift and a curse. Hmmm.

Love it!
ashley2876 chapter 24 . 6/30/2013
Okay I can't resist...thoughts.

Jareth said he had to go back to find the correct way so he could keep her and she could keep her family, and that he met her in her future. And the bit in the dream where he's unconsciously stroking her hair could be like remnants of a life they may have lived together.
But part of the new plan that would work is him willingly becoming mad, and her needing to save him (presumably to kill the Queen, maybe to become her future self ["you love me...after all this"]). But she can save him because she solved his labyrinth, and knew of him before he called to her. And he called to her because someone, presumably the Queen, was messing in her life. So Jareth probably gave her the book to lure her into the labyrinth either because she had power over him ("everything I've done I've done for you, you asked that the child be taken..."), or so she could gain power over him ("you have no power over me"). Which means he wanted her to become the champion of the labyrinth, so this misadventure could happen.
Also, the Hunter is centuries old, but knew of the Traveler/heroine/Sarah because as a child he was told stories of her. Which makes it likely that the story in the dream about how Jareth got his eye is about Sarah and the Queen who is afraid Sarah will kill her (from the first queen and king, Jen and kira I think? The little things). And that would have been the first time Jareth saw her, in that vision. Feirce and fearsome, fighting the Queen to save everyone she knows, and dying.)
So there's a huge confusing circle and its all so magnificent. Like the best story I've ever read on here.

And then the Hunter. He knew who Sarah was, but not until after they pair up. So its like he was using her for bait at first, because his compulsion is to kill the murderer of his queen, who eats the hearts of girls like Sarah. But his compulsion is broken by this Traveler thing that's even older than the murdered Queen, which is interesting.

And! Who is the heir! Jareth calls Sarah princess. Princesses become queens. Pretty soon, if Sarah completes her mission and kills the Queen, that Queen is going to need a successor. A princess to become a Queen.
But her chances narrow...when she tries to help Jareth? When she uses magic without thinking? When she's compelled to do something? I don't know!

This has been an incredibly enjoyable read, with everything I love and nothing I hate. But I want the answers to all of the riddles by the end of the story, so badly. I want a complete ending. I doubt you will disappoint. I hope you won't.
ashley2876 chapter 23 . 6/30/2013
I've been reading this story on and off today. It's absolutely incredible. Usually I would wait til the end to review, but...the blood. No one has ever written it in a plausible way before, and I knew of hemoglobin but forgot about crustaceans. I love you, just for that. You and your story, 100 times over.