Reviews for What's Past is Prologue
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2022
This was beyond amazing. I want this made into the movie sequel. I loved all the crossovers and the twist at the end. Crazy good story.
Helix28 chapter 29 . 8/31/2021
I greatly enjoyed your story! Thank you for sharing.
gatogirl1 chapter 29 . 6/8/2021
This is still so good. Thanks for writing!
EnglishLitGirl chapter 29 . 2/3/2021
I read this every night for the past week and finished tonight. I absolutely loved this so much. A wonderful escape from the not so great real world of the moment. Thank you for being my happy place!
Guest chapter 29 . 3/27/2020
It has been ten years since this has been written, As a sixteen year old girl stuck in quarantine, over these past weeks I’ve come to discover The Labyrinth and it’s beauty. I’ve never felt more connected to a film then to this one, I came here and after reading this story, THIS is the BEST story of Sarah and Jareth that I’ve read, a twist upon a twist upon a twist, I was getting shocked at every chapter and it all magically connected together beautifully. I could literally feel your love for the characters through your writing, I loved reading this! I know it’s been a long time and you’ve moved on, but I love how you have the other characters their own story, and I was living for the battle of wits between Sarah and Jareth The King and his Herione, my favorite fairytale:)
BowieQueen chapter 29 . 1/9/2020
That was amazing. I'm so glad it worked out in the end. I was put off by your description but glad I succumbed to reading it hehe. Timey wimey stories are too complicated for me to ever write hahaha. But I put my trust in you as an author. I believe it all makes sense.
BowieQueen chapter 22 . 1/9/2020
Quotes are from Doctor Who. Cookies please :)
BowieQueen chapter 1 . 1/8/2020
Read one chapter. Hooked. Let's see where this goes. Love your writing style.
Guest 2019 chapter 29 . 12/9/2019
OVER THE TOP AMAZING! Merci. Thank you. Meegwetch. Gracias.
figglypudding chapter 10 . 7/4/2019
is this a dark crystal cross over?
KyloRen'sgirl213 chapter 2 . 6/27/2019
Love this awesome work
Margot Grazyna chapter 29 . 3/7/2019
przeczytałam całość z fascynacją. Dziękuję za napisanie tej historii
Serenity Hidden chapter 23 . 12/16/2018
I normally never review but I wanted to say that your explanation for why Jareth bleeds blue expands the depth of your written universe and makes perfect internal sense.
Thank you for writing this story.
the Honeycomb chapter 29 . 10/27/2018
This is incredible! how do you have so few favorites and reviews? This is definitely deserving of more; your description of the horror and the magic, the imagery to create the suspense and Otherness... Incredible! I wonder if there will be any Toby-comes-into-his-own in the Underground. I'll dream of it. SUCH a fascinating tale! I also enjoyed how Sarah's power manifested differently than the other higher creatures; made it more interesting that it took the form of something we can relate to, we can visualize and be unique to her alone (as far as you've described). This needs to be boosted.
MarinaIbrahim chapter 29 . 3/22/2018
You had me singing As the World Falls Down when Sarah and Jareth were exchange those familiar lines. :) You really do know how to shock your audience at the end of a chapter, or the beginning of the next, or both. My heart was in a state of panic just as Sarah was when she was trying to get a grip of the reality, and hoped that really wasn't her reality, one void of Jareth. THANK FUDGING GOODNESS MY HOPE CAME THROUGH. Well, what can I say. This story was an adventure. Was it perfect? Well to me, it was very close. Your attention to detail in the kingdoms you created was great. However, more than the settings you created, I found myself more drawn into the psyche of the characters. That's personally how I am though. So it really pleased me to see how fleshed out your characters were, especially Sarah. You know how to make the reader feel for the character, and even more impressively, feel what the character was feeling. My heart lifted and fell and lifted again whenever hers did. Even physically, I could imagine their pain. And of course the whole plot is fudging amazing. How you thought of that warped timeline thing puts me in awe. It was like a puzzle, but it was satisfying to be able to understand how all the events fit together in the end.

I was happy that Sarah's little friends from the Labyrinth were not forgotten, she had remembered their words. I wish I could have seen them in this story, but it's okay that I didn't. I like to imagine she'd reunite with them after this story's written ending. I really liked the original characters you created (and hated one or two, but that was the intention), as they helped (or stalled) Sarah progress in her journey. I know you had some (or all?) them based on older tales, but since I'm not well-acquainted with them, I thought they were very unique in themselves. I was glad we were able to see them all one last time in Queen Anann's castle. I would have liked to hear some last words from them, but once again I'll just imagine they still meet after the story's ending. If there was anything I had to critique on, it would have been the treatment of Grosvenor near the end; I felt he was put to the side a bit. There were also a few times when I felt I was doing math on a chalk board figuring out the position of characters to make sense of their actions (like how Jareth was able to stab Queen Anann - I thought she was a few yards away from Sarah, but then Jareth was able to stab her, whilst feigning stabbing Sarah, so I got a bit confused) but other than that the story flowed really well.

Overall this was a truly gripping story. Thank you so much!