Reviews for To Wait A Lifetime
Aviendhaphiragon chapter 1 . 6/15
So sad...
choochoo420 chapter 1 . 3/31
5.5 years later I read this. This is beautifully written. Thank you.
Beautiful
Ka-tay's mind chapter 1 . 3/14
This broke my heart. I love stories that do that- I sidedly believe that stories should make you FEEL something, and this one definitely made me emotional.

I absolutely love how you didn't immediately start off with how Berk had been at peace with the dragons- it shows the character development there. And then you proceeded it through the years, and slowly you can see just how well bonded Toothless and Hiccup become as the years go on.

The fact that Hiccup just grows old and Toothless remains young is a great point- personally, I think Toothless had just entered his prime at the fight with the Bewilderbeast, and I think as a young Night Fury, he was already pretty strong. It's not really mind blowing that Toothless will die the same time Hiccup does- and by then, he'll be capable of flight on his own too, assuming he can grow his tailfin, that is.

I feel that you can see it in the movie and television series- the bond Toothless and Hiccup share far beats the ones the other Dragon Riders have. I can imagine Toothless being apathetic to Astrid and not Valka, Stoick, and Hiccup's kids (though by not much) because they're part of Hiccup- Astrid, a little painful to say this- is more external than internal. But no matter what, they'll never be Hiccup.

The ending just kinda broke something inside of me. I like how easy you made me imagine Toothless soaring right above the spot where the pure sunk, waiting to rejoin Hiccup.

Thank you for the amazing read :) and keep up the brilliant work!
werewolf6780 chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
I'm not crying YOU'RE crying! ...Honestly though, this was just beautiful. So beautiful.
acrisafu chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Oh my goodness this was amazing!
I love everything about it, Hiccup X Toothless's bond is def. like that in the movie (maybe not to such an extent but I can see it)
The ending was super sad but also great
I'm hoping when he dies he'll join Hiccup.
I know it's a fan fiction but still. Pretty great! (:
Swoab chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
I cried the bearly the whole story...i can not say anything
Alskasaur chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
Such a fantastic fic! The characterization is spot on and the story is very bittersweet! And I absolutely adored your use of Jonsi!
providenciagines chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
I love this sad flick.
sondrex76 chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
Awsoem fanfic, it is one of two or three fanfics that have ever made me cry, and i have read hundreds (far, far to many fanfics) so realy awsome fanfic!

Thanks for riting, this was well written and a really good read.

Have an awsome day!
storyholder chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Thank you for the story. I felt like it did capture the essence of the movie and you managed to show us the special and unique bond that only Hiccup and Toothless have.
stxrdusty chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
This makes me want to cry, this is not okay. I don't want to read anything ever again thanks to this. I'll be okay tomorrow, but just arghhh they're soulmates, but they became separated by death and I can't even and yeah.

You're a brilliant writer and I wish you the best of luck in future writing endeavors.
stormbreeze19 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
This is amazing. Very heartfelt and had me in tears. Thank you for such an amazing story.
Ho hot chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Wow just wow!
This was breath taking.
This actually made me cry, and I'm telling you, it's hard to make me cry.
Wonderful writing you have.
Great story! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
Truly beautiful writing. Rarely do written works (especially fanfics) make me cry, but this was incredible. Thank you!