Reviews for Silver Lining
csiAngel chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Aww I love that he brought her an orange slushie & apologised :) I love her optimism. It's so Gillian! Lovely ficlet :)
Aleia Jade chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS. I've had a similar idea kicking around in my head but no way to bring it to fruition. You've done it so magnificently.

This is is the philosophy I find most probable for Foster. She has to hope in something, to be able to go through all she has and still care about people and look so completely in control of everything. She's holding onto something.

I could quote almost the entire thing as my favorite, but I particularly like these two lines-

"...things will be okay, somehow, in the end."

"she doesn't know it, really; but she believes it. She has to."

-because they really get to that core of the idea. And the whole middle, with the drowning/healing, I am also a major fan of. This perfectly captures the Gillian Foster in my head.

Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
very pretty. i hope we get an apology eventually; really, i do. nice work! :)
Lil.Miss.JoJo.33 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Oh my goodness! I loved this! Probably because I'm also that girl that is a constant optimist! But also because it is written beautifully:)
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I like that you made her optimistic instead of a pushover... which is what the show's writers seem to be doing!
hmcfanaddict chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I love Gillian and I think she's such an interesting mix of strength and vulnerability. You've portrayed that very well here. Well done! Love it!
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
loved it. but i think it takes more than a slushy n a half grin to apologize for what he did n said.

im i taking it too far thinking that he should be punished by her before being forgiven? 1 half of my brain is whispering: "may be" n the other is yelling: "no way!"