Reviews for Hackamore 12 : Trade Secrets
aquaesulis76 chapter 13 . 6/17/2011
Just discovered Lancer, (thanks to my aunt's dodgy, grainy DVDs) and just discovered your fics. I knew someone out there would be writing deep, thoughful, insightful stories about Scott & Johnny - and thank you for doing so & letting the rest of us have a read too! I started with this one, just because it developed exactly the area I wanted to read, how these two brothers, so miss-matched on the surface, became such close friends, as well as brothers. There's so much I could talk (well, type) about what I loved about the whole piece, but I'll restrain myself by saying every sentence was a delight, and completely captured the budding relationship I was trying to formulate in my head. Johnny calling Scott 'Boston' never got tired, and Scott's quiet anger at Johnny's lost childhood was brought over so well without calling attention to it.

One of the images from the series that kept coming into my head while I was reading this, was of Murdoch and Johnny with their arms around each other's shoulders, laughing. This fic really took Johnny to the beginning of that possibility - not calling him father yet, not calling the three of them a family yet, but to a place where he was ready to take that further step. (I'm now going to have to borrow the first DVD again, and watch the first episodes in a bit more detail!). Basically, I loved the whole thing, and I'm now going to plunge into all the rest of your Lancer work :) Thanks again! (and if you do want a much more detailed, over-the-top critique, just drop me a line. I'm enough of a feedback-whore that I'm willing to gratify someone else's craving)
Ecda chapter 8 . 11/29/2010
Love your story. It is interesting and the relationship between the brothers is just fun! Great job!
Cadillac Red chapter 4 . 11/7/2010
Another lovely moment in time as the Lancers get to know each other. Beautifully layered, researched, and nuanced. I love little character details like Scott putting his own gun within Johnny's reach, having sensed his discomfort- it says so much about both sons. Still hoping for more in this vein!
Cadillac Red chapter 3 . 10/28/2010
Another gem! I love to reread your stories, to savor the rich descriptions and character nuance that you write. I love this series!
Cadillac Red chapter 2 . 10/18/2010
Wonderful! Whenever I get a notification about a new story by StarryDiadem, I drop everythng and go read it. And I am never disappointed. This is a lovely look at the early days from Johnny's POV that makes the reader feel like a fly on the wall as the story unfolds. Great writing! I hope there'll be more in this series.