Reviews for A Study in Genres
jack63kids chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Oh that is fab! AA Milne would be proud.
I love all the interplay between them and the fussing is very much in character. Really enjoyable and a favourite already.
MapleleafCameo chapter 20 . 7/30/2013
Aww! Knew it was too good to be true - lol! I was suspicious she the clinic was quiet & all the bills had been paid:D
Love this line as well-'And what was in the butter dish? Some butter? That was weird.
Lots of humour in this fantasy piece - nicely done:)
MapleleafCameo chapter 19 . 7/30/2013
I like this Irene better than the SiB one - much of a better feminist point of view - strong woman - strong heart - & to have befuddled Holmes - she gets my vote:)
MapleleafCameo chapter 18 . 7/30/2013
Poor Aggie! used and abused by Holmes - the last lines sum up what she thought she has & what she lost. 'And yet...I would have gladly played my part,
If that heartless "plumber", Escott, had been truthful from the start.
So many different types of romance to be explored - I enjoyed how you made them all different.
MapleleafCameo chapter 17 . 7/30/2013
That was lovely! I enjoyed the quiet hominess of this romantic love- 'So, the gifts of gold and silver you can keep;
I'll have the nights when he's at home, and the children are asleep.' That is the true treasure:)
MapleleafCameo chapter 16 . 7/26/2013
Without romance, my tales would stay unread; - here's the part that Sherlock probably doesn't understand either - why would anyone want to read it?
Love the last to lines -sad.
MapleleafCameo chapter 15 . 7/26/2013
I love how analytical & scientific Holmes is - romance & love are for the weak-minded! Sentiment? Nothe -except ...'You ask me what her photograph is for?
A reminder of a quite intriguing caseā€¦and nothing more.
MapleleafCameo chapter 14 . 7/22/2013
That was fun! Greatly entertaining! Loved the last minute saving at the wedding - & all the sly fun! Good thinking on Lestrade & Hopkins side to apologize!
MapleleafCameo chapter 13 . 7/22/2013
Oh Mrs. Hudson is priceless in this! She's good! Love some if her lins!
This foolish "good Yarder: bad Yarder" routine? Lol!
And this!
Stanley Hopkins, you should be ashamed of yourself;
I'm really quite tempted to speak to your mother!" Do not annoy Mrs. Hudson!
And she catches on In the end!
MapleleafCameo chapter 12 . 7/22/2013
Ooo - love Mrs. Hudson! She does put up with a lot!
She is very c,ear in my head!
Like this format! But I like plays so.. Nice job using this style!
This was funny! - p.s. We are keeping your gift.-lol!
And - oh no!
MapleleafCameo chapter 11 . 7/22/2013
I really like in thiese two pieces how you've used the same style to tell the story from different POV's but you can tell they are told by the two different characters & how clearly you have shown their friendship.
MapleleafCameo chapter 10 . 7/22/2013
This is wonderful! I love your John so very much! I really like the back & forth in this of his thoughts and recounting the action. Love how well you use repetition - so very effective.
MapleleafCameo chapter 9 . 7/21/2013
Oh most excellent! I recognized bits from most of those films! Well done & exceedingly clever!
So glad the bird wasn't hurt- lol!
MapleleafCameo chapter 8 . 7/21/2013
Lol! Clint's cowboy saves the day! And hurray! Watson didn't die! Lol!
MapleleafCameo chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
I love how you have split the action here -reminds me of Silverado where each man goes off to fight his nemesis separately!
Ahh!
The overwhelming tension's thick!
But not enough just yet
To make a person sick!
Watch your back
And mind your friend
Or a rhyming Western
Could kill you in the end!
Sorry but after I read a few of these I rhyme for a bit afterwards:D