Reviews for To Crown A King
TinyHermioneMe chapter 1 . 6/14
Absolutely wonderful! Though I'd have loved to see Reepicheep at the coronation (I'm sure he was there, of course, buf he should have had a part in it). Apart from that, you deserve an A, as usual )
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I really like this. It makes me happy to see the Pevensie dynasty imparting their blessing and counsel to the new king. No wonder there was such a close bond between Caspian and Edmund & Lucy in 'V of the DT.'
I sometimes wonder what the other Kings and Queens of Narnia were like following the White Stag incident and prior to the Telmarine takeover. Possible fodder fot more stories...?*hint*
I actually started looking for the story about Peter and the Calorman dancing girl (aka Leona), but I couldn't find it.
heelsgirl38 chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Ahhh! I luv it!
deadmondmiles chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Just as I said, this story is just as great as the others you have written. Great work on this too.
Imzadi chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Another really excellent story. If only there had been a part for Reepicheep to play in the ceremony. . .
sarlovesoccer chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Wonderful!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Words of wisdom from each of the Kings & Queens of old. And, such a good idea to have the coronation as quickly as possible because only then could Caspian be truly said to be The Great Lion's Annointed.
Mackenzie L chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Beautiful writing - a lot of elegance to your words. :) Nicely done.
DrEaM-BuT-DoNt-FoRgEt-To-LiVe chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
That. Was. So. BEAUTIFUL. *wipes away tear*

Okay, in all seriousness, I thought that was great! I love the relationship established (subtly) between Peter and Caspian, where Peter's clearly a mentor and rolemodel for him. And I also love the insight into Caspian's mind- how he's trying to persuade himself that he can be king and that there's nothing to worry about. I think that really humanises him, and makes him appear a lot more vulnerable and relatable.

If there's one thing I hope you don't mind me mentioning (I really can't keep quiet about this because it's kind of a pet peeve), it's the american spelling of words. I know some readers don't really think that's an issue, and you're American so it's totally understandable, but it was really obvious to me for words like 'honour', especially as that word in particular was used a lot.

Anyways! Great work D
Chari192 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
I love this! There is so much wisdom in it. Well done!
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Very enjoyable.

You convey the nobility and serenity that is suitable for the occasion - and share some good advice, suitable not merely for kings of Narnia.
AnneOfNarnia chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Very nice! Things like 'There will come a time when you will be torn between doing what someone asks of you, and what you know to be honorable' and 'There will come a time when you will be torn between doing something that you want, even want desperately, and something that this kingdom needs' really call for a story of their own! You planning on writing anything like that?
warrior4 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
That was a nice little story. I liked how the Four all gave Caspian instructionsand advice based on their titles. Part of me was half expecting Peter to hand over Rhindon, but this way works too. Nice to see you're still writing Narnian fanfics.
Calyn chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Meeeeeeeee liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike.

rthstewart said it perfectly. And I shall add that I am a RABID bookverse canongirl. So congratulations. You've been faved.
rthstewart chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Aww, Peter's kinda awesome here. I'm afraid that for all the lurve for the film, I remain a PC book fan and this captures the spirit of the book wonderfully.