Reviews for Somewhere to Call Home
it was such a tragedy chapter 1 . 1/26
I just saw this episode on DVD, and the tears haven't stopped drying. What pisses me off even more is the next time Betsy appears, she's all bruised! What the hell did she go through in the system? With the people that took her in? Ugh, I hope Nai told the crew off.

I do know Nai adopts her, but that's pretty much it. I'll be wondering about her for the next seventeen or so episodes. :(
DelusionNyssa chapter 5 . 8/29/2015
This should have happen in the show. I couldn't believe nobody took. Addison who wanted a kid, Nai and Sam knew how to raise a little girl. Really enjoyed your story. Would love to know what happens next for the family.
McHobbit chapter 5 . 1/14/2011
Maybe that's just me but I'd like a sequel with Betsy as a teen...
Samantha chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
I am loving your story and the way you have Betsy and Violet interact. This is what they should have done on the show. Please countinue?
clarembees chapter 5 . 10/27/2010
Just when you make me happy, I'm a wreck again. Those scenes at the end when Betsy finally cries over Dell - OMG! That was so unbelievably sad. And I know it was necessary that she - you know - face the fact that her Daddy is dead and all, but still. She was just so sad.

But at least she has Violet, Pete and Lucas now. They won't, obviously, replace Dell and even Heather (ugh) but she has something she never had with Aunt Monica - a family.

And the whole Sunday breakfast scene - that totally showed how she fits in. I really liked that. As much as I liked the scenes from the previous chapter - I think the breakfast ones from this one, may be my favorite.

You did a great job showing how things should have turned out for Betsy, and I really liked this. Next to Dance With Me, this might be my favorite fic of yours.

Hopefully we'll get more ViP out of you soon.
clarembees chapter 4 . 10/27/2010
It's too bad the scenes at the end of this chapter can't be included in your "Scenes From a Marriage" series on youtube. I'd kill for those scenes. Seriously. We have to find some way to bombard Shonda on twitter and get her to bring Betsy back so Pete and Violet can rectify this major wrong and give her the family she should have. Ugh.

ANYWAY...Things aren't exactly smooth sailing, but I like the way Violet's trying to take care of Betsy. She wants to make her comfortable and be nice, but I like that she hasn't lost sight of what Betsy's doing - with the whole waking up Lucas situation. I thought she handled that nicely.

And Pete - you know he suggested Betsy make Violet that bracelet, LOL. That scene would have killed me, via cuteness. Just like the scene of all of them after dinner when they played together. That was too good.

Of course, I have to say this, Pete with a purple beard and mustache - that will have me LMAO for days. That's quite a picture.
clarembees chapter 3 . 10/27/2010
If I didn't love Violet the way I already love her, after this I would.

The way she's sticking up for Betsy is so admirable and it's hard not to want to fight right there with her. Especially when she envoked how much Dell cared about Maya. Talk about cutting someone...Wow.

I have to admit, I laughed a little when she qualified Amelia as the "fun babysitter" and not the "parental figure" - have truer words ever been spoken? Yeah, I don't think so. Amelia was the only one of them who got a pass from me for not stepping up and taking Betsy in. She's gotta set herself straight and grow up first. The rest of them, have got their lives in order.

ANYWAY...Pete admitting that they couldn't be selfish was so great. It seemed really natural and not like - you had Violet acknowledge - that he was being backed into a corner, which again, is very important. Him actually wanting to do this for Betsy shows - despite his omnious quote to Addison from the season premiere that "I'm not good at marriage - that he kind of is.

He knows Violet's fine and he knows that this - taking care of Betsy - isn't going to do the damage he previously thought. They're going to be just as fine as she is and that makes me happy; that he has that faith in them and her. Cause he should. Seriously.
clarembees chapter 2 . 10/27/2010
Stuff like what you wrote at the end of this chapter always makes me a wreck. At the same time, I'm happy Pete came around and at least agreed that if no one else would step up, he would step up with his wife.

However, I have to say Cooper was right when he told Violet in the episode and in your story that her do-over wasn't with Besty but with Lucas. That was a point I think it was necessary for him to make.

And while at first blush, Violet putting Lucas in Betsy's place hypothetically, seemed way too guilt trippy for me, I'm glad that wasn't the whole reason Pete changed his mind. Because that would have definitely rang hollow, you know?

I really like how you're writing this. I think you're doing a great job showing all the emotions that are involved with making such a huge decision.
clarembees chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I have to admit my reasons for being torn about Besty being taken in by Pete and Violet were totally all about the effect it could have on their marriage.

It's just so new that I want them to be (even though it's Shonda) to be like stuck in honeymoon land, you know? Obviously with Pete's family showing up in Thursday's ep that's not going to happen...

ANYWAY...I do have to say after re-watching the ep, I'm totally regretting the fact that he wasn't willing to step up with her and take Besty in.

You and Violet have totally swayed me to the whole otehr direction and now all I can do is wonder what if. Except technically I don't have to because you've written what if for me. Yay!
Liv Marie chapter 5 . 10/27/2010
This is a very sweet story, and I don't know... I guess it would be nice to get a chance to see how things are set once they are all a real family (and not just rehearsing). Maybe get to see a glimpse of the future, but that's just a thought.
Athena13 chapter 4 . 10/23/2010
Lovely!
Cricket1106 chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I really like you're story. Please keep updating. I was very disappointed that no one took Betsy in on the show and I love where you are taking this story.
Luna chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
Woohoo! this is great :) please update soon. and i love how you've incorporated Amelia a little bit more into the story too rather then taking a back seat like most fanfics. Are we going to see perhaps Amelia's opinion of why she shouldnt have taken in Betsy or maybe she could make friends with Violet and be the maternal aunt-like figure towards Betsy? - Just suggestions of course :D
xKrysx chapter 2 . 10/18/2010
I loved the second chapter!

I think that this... this is how it should have gone in the first place, that Pete would be a little bit more understanding considering everything.

I can't wait for the next chapter to be up!

Cheers,

Krys
Athena13 chapter 2 . 10/18/2010
That is how it should have went. Thanks for the redemption of those selfish doctors. I look forward to more.