Reviews for Break in the Dark Grey Sky
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
As much as I would like to leave a thought-out rewiev, I can't really think of anything. This will simply have to do.
HINAMORIIIIII NOOOOOO D,:
TO MUCH SAD
WHY
TO MUCH SAD HINAMORI
;_;
NinePhantomDragons chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
very nice! Poor Momo, this is probably what she's actually going through in the story; I'd be suprised if she acted in any way different from this.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Damn. Just ... damn. Somehow you hit the nail on the head in every single way that matters - even ones which many people missed. It's a good thing you did too, because it explains Momo Hinamori's nature so completely, and shows why it's so STUPID that a good deal of the English-speaking fanbase hates her. The poor girl seriously doesn't deserve it.

The trust issue really drives the story and hits home. While many people call Hinamori's refusal to believe that Aizen was evil blind denial, the simple, honest truth is that she loved, adored and looked upto him so much - after so many years of him praising her, being kind to her and proving a decent man (on the surface), she was unable to comprehend that it was all a lie, that he'd been evil all along and was using her and the others for a nefarious scheme. And just when she starts to possibly wrap her head around it, Hitsugaya - her oldest friend, her BROTHER in all but blood - stabs her clean through the back thinking he was stabbing Aizen - and this is AFTER the boy swore to kill anyone who made her bleed. Toshiro's going to need at least a DECADE of bloody therapy to get a hold of himself - Momo will probably need ten times that much. Or something ... I may be exaggerrating, but the simple fact is that there's no way she'll get through the Winter War unscathed after all that's happened. Even knowing that he was blinded by illusions ... how do you learn to trust again, when two of the people you cared for most in the world betrayed you in such ways? How long does it take for the wounds to stop hurting? How many years would it take for the scars to possibly heal?

... Seriously, Momo's probably THE most pitiful character in the ENTIRE series. I know not everyone will agree with me - maybe they'll pity Ulquiorra for dying just when he begins to understand humanity; or Hanataro for being the universe's whipping boy; or Orihime for all she goes through during the HM arc - but for me, Momo's the biggest Woobie. Gods, you just want to take the poor girl and give her a reassuring hug, try and ease the pain - and the worst bit is, in this story's continuity, it won't work because she's so damaged. It's going to be a rough road ahead of this girl, a long journey for her to heal (and that's NOT counting the physical injuries - being stabbed twice - at all).