Reviews for Standing Outside the Fire
Lara chapter 27 . 6/22
Please update...it's been too long!
MonicaOP chapter 1 . 6/20
Hi :), well I just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying this story a lot! I just finished reading everything you have of this story and wow!

I never thought I'll enjoy a story where the Seymours are protagonists. I love Anne and usually this makes me truly dislike that family, but in this story this totally changed!

I love what you did with Jane and Edward! They are amazing characters, together with Anne. I think you have really made them a lot better and interesting than they ever were in history or in the series.

Ann is someone I'm enjoying here as well and the fact that Jane is being strong with Brandon and Mary and showing them the truth of the relationship between Anne and Henry!

I love it and I'm looking forward to anything else you decide to write here! Be well!
IWantColoredRain chapter 27 . 5/25
Very good
McKenna chapter 27 . 5/21
I am so happy you updated. Thank you! Please update again
Keisha chapter 27 . 5/20
Loving the story so far... Keep it up... Hope Anne has a son soon :)
Vader'sMistress chapter 27 . 5/2
Great update
Carita X chapter 27 . 5/2
This is one of my favorite stories and I was so glad to find this new chapter.

However, as so many people have same names, it's a little difficult to know when a new piece starts which Anne or Mary is speaking. Could you make it a little easier by writing the first time . "Queen Anne said to her sister Mary".
Esme24 chapter 27 . 5/2
I'm so happy that you updated. Great chapter, I can't wait for a summit.
RHatch89 chapter 27 . 5/2
awesome update :)
CherryBlossoms016 chapter 27 . 5/2
I'm glad to see you updated again I absolutely love this story and like seeing how Anne's fate plays out differently and similarly to history. As the same with every story, I can't help but hope that Anne will have a son that will keep her safe
Robin4 chapter 27 . 5/1
So glad to see you back! I love the politics and the twistiness in this chapter; it's starting to radically depart from canon, and I adore you for that.

I did want to let you know that you're missing scene breaks in this chapter - I think FFN ate them on you.
Me chapter 26 . 10/20/2015
At thr bery lesst Elizabeth eould be queen consort & that could keep Anne safe, what if Henry decided to behead Anne & make Elizabeth a bastard after Elizabrth married the crown prince of Portugal? What if Mary defied Henry & married a prince consort?
AnneBoleynQueenConsort chapter 26 . 8/7/2015
I read your story from beginning to end and over again so glad you finally updated... I hope Anne can win Henry back and have her son :) and that Jane finds love with Brandon.. Your story is amazing keep up the good work can't wait to read your updates
ReganX chapter 26 . 8/5/2015
What a fantastic surprise to see a new chapter of this story.

I'm enjoying the development of the Portuguese alliance plotline. Manuel has a lot of potential as a character and I think that he is just the kind of ally Henry needs. The fact that he has taken the step of proposing a betrothal between his son and Elizabeth is an excellent sign that he intends a long term alliance.

This is not something I would normally expect to write but "Thank You, Jane Seymour!"

I love that she made the point to Brandon that, not only was Henry the one to make the calls to end his marriage to Katherine, execute More, etc, Anne is not at fault for not wanting to throw away her future by being Henry's mistress. She had nothing to gain from it and everything to lose; she's the beautiful, well-educated daughter of a marquess, the granddaughter of a duke, with ties by marriage to other prominent noble families. Any match Henry made for her after he was done with her, assuming that he bothered, would be inferior to the one she'd make with a spotless reputation. Even if Henry might have accepted her decision not to be his mistress, once he offered marriage, refusing wasn't an option, much less backing out at a later date. He would never have forgiven her or her family if she declined to marry him after it was known that he was trying to annul his marriage to Katherine to marry her.

It's also very good to have somebody point out the unlikelihood of Anne urging Henry to execute More if he was inclined to mercy. I truly don't know if the writers intended it to be true or if it was meant to be an early sign that Henry and sanity were not on the best of terms but, not only was Anne in no position to push Henry, it was not in her interests to do so. She had much bigger problems on her plate. Hopefully, Brandon will take Jane's words to heart. He may not want to admit that Henry is the one responsible for deeds he takes issue with but he needs to accept it.

I doubt that the Lady Mary wants to accept what Jane had to say either but it'll hopefully give her some food for thought. At the very least, if she can bring herself to accept who is making the decisions, she can make informed choices about what she will do, rather than clinging to the comforting lie that she is her father's beloved pearl and that he would never make a move against her if he didn't have Anne urging him to do so.
Fleur24 chapter 13 . 8/1/2015
YAY nod to Handmaid! I loved that story! It was brilliant.

I do enjoy Anne Stanhope and Edward's banter and growing relationship. I'm curious and excited to reading about them. As we hardly knew much about them in the show, execpt that they were both clever and intelligent.

While I'm sad that nothing came of Knivert and Jane, I know he'll make a fabulous husband for Katherine Parr.