Reviews for Standing Outside the Fire
dhh chapter 6 . 3/3
I do hope you KNOW that HISTORY says Jane is THY MOST BEAUTIFUL of all Henry the 8th's WIFE!

As for whom Henry love most, it is JANE! Some may DEBUT rather or not it's DUE to JANE being the ONLY one to give him a male heir, it's is FACT that HISTORY says he LOVES Jane BEST!

I mean, your story is interesting enough BUT you're TOO BIAS on the whole AB being THE "BEST" or most beautiful between the two girls! That's not good reading when YOU'RE TWISTING FACTS and HISTORY to suit your own bias-ness..I apologize if I sound mean but I sick of authors TENDING to FAVOR AB just becuz she's more of the 'whore/LUST' of Henry and NOT LOVE!
Twelve13 chapter 25 . 9/19/2014
This is really good! Kathryn Howard should marry Henry fitzroy to get him on their side.
Smithers chapter 25 . 9/18/2014
I love the irony yof Edward and his wife the only ones happy. I also love the Duke of weigh Richmond and Mary's alliance. Also Nane has a bastard daughter?

If Anne is replaced or Henry takes a mistress who learns from Anne's game would it be Jane , Mary, or a Howard girl to protect Anne? If they can and Henry isn't furious w/ their faction or they can hold his attention with the same game their family used. Or will a another girl do the same game and become Henry's chase? Or will Henry have to choose between chasing all of them besides Anne & choose whoever he can't have? Which might rule out their faction because they'll want his attention as he'll hate them

Will Edward & Tom get implicated with George if Henry kills Anne?
JessTheWitch chapter 25 . 9/17/2014
I have been reading every chapter in this story off and on for the past hmm week at the most. I really do enjoy it but there is a pit deep in my stomach that things won't change with Anne even with Jane being her stepsister and married, without Anne of Cleves. I mean there is still Kathryn Howard and his last wife. I just truly hope that this story doesn't progress to Anne's death bc it would honestly hurt to be brought all this way just to find out that she just dies. Ugh I am sorry I mean no offence to you or your story because I truly have enjoyed it or I would have spent the past week or less reading twenty five very long chapters, and I don't mean to influence the direction that your story is going because its yours and its brilliant
IWantColoredRain chapter 25 . 9/10/2014
:-)
DarthDakka chapter 25 . 9/7/2014
So glad to see this back after so long. :)
HermioneandMarcus chapter 25 . 9/6/2014
Aisbored chapter 25 . 9/6/2014
YAY! So happy to see you are back. By far one of the best Tudors stories.
RHatch89 chapter 25 . 9/6/2014
nice job :)
Robin4 chapter 25 . 9/6/2014
Wonderful chapter! It's so lovely to see you back.
McKenna chapter 24 . 5/17/2014
Wow! This is amazing, I couldn't believe it when I saw you had updated. Please update soooooonnnnn!
SpeedDemon315 chapter 24 . 3/19/2014
I love all the plotting that's going on in this story and the Seymour-Boleyn duo is just so amazing, even though the male counterparts can be such pricks at times. And Jane and Anne's close relationship is really nice to read about, you do a great job capturing in what could have happened if those two and the rest of the children grew up together.

Also, I really like King Manuel and the fact Anna of Cleves got married to him. They seem so cute together and he plans not to let Spain boss him around. I'm looking forward to the tricks that he and his ambassador have their sleeves.

-SpeedDemon315
MADStar529 chapter 24 . 2/11/2014
Great chapter! Loving all the politics going on. Poor Anne, thankfully Jane can calm her down. UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
RHatch89 chapter 24 . 2/11/2014
good update :)
Robin4 chapter 24 . 2/11/2014
Oh, it's wonderful to see you back! I really like the addition of King Manuel, and the way he's resisting the Emperor's attempts to rule everything. Some people may disagree, but I absolutely adore the politics of this story. They're so utterly believable, and so very well done.

I also really REALLY like the way Jane is able to calm Anne down, and hopefully help her be more resigned to Henry's inability to be loyal in the long term. No matter how much he loves Anne, he is what he is, and I often think there's not much that's going to change that. Hopefully Jane and Ann will help Anne take things more calmly, however, which might lead to more successful pregenancies on her part.

Mary is also absolutely perfect here. You capture her lonliness, her insecurities, and her hopes so very well. The poor girl is stuck in a horrible position between feuding parents, and no matter how hard she wishes Henry will grant her her rights back, she has no way to make that happen. I wonder if Anne (through Jane's urging, of course) might point out that if he legitimizes Mary in good faith, Henry might win Mary as an ally and take away Katherine's rallying cry? Making Mary a princess again really would take the wind out of Katherine's sails, if only Henry could be persuaded to think that having Mary on his side might help matters greatly. Maybe then he'd get a compromise with Katherine, maybe he wouldn't, but it'd be much harder for the Emperor to complain, too.

Anyway, I'm so delighted to see this story updated again (I was just re-reading Handmaid today when I was bored at work)! I also have to ask (completely OT), knowing you're a Doctor Who and HP fan, if you've watched Once Upon a Time. If you haven't, well, girl, go start now. It's right up your alley!