Reviews for Four Ways of Dealing with Dementors
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 1/6
I didn't even remember the passage that inspired this. I suppose it does beg the question though. There must be other methods to counter a dementor when not many master the Patronus Charm.
N J Dryad chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
This is really good. I loved the way you came up with four ways to fight dementors that are appropriate for each of the four founders. You've also given the only rational explanation I've seen for why one would conjure positive memories to fight dementors when that's what they feed on. Since the Patronus doesn't feel despair-or anything else, I assume-dementors can't feed on its feelings.

BTW, I thought Minerva is the cat animagus. So why is Severus glaring, hissing, and spitting? ; )
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
D: this fic is all sorts of awesome and i love the way the discusion goes. and lol macmillons essay was hilarious
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
somehow this is both sad and just... sad.
time2read chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Wow great Story! Amazing story! Who left in peace the slytherine?
xX-Blue. Nymph-Xx chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
so the one who left in peace was sure of himself and was 'balanced?'
how do you put so much knowlegde and understanding in your work. asking a question and giving us clues.
thank you and please continue writing.
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I don't understand the tale, but the Dementor theory seems solid. Thank you for writing!
shah.khan.735 chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
It was the muggle, wasn't it?
I don't understand the "Four wizards entered Azkaban. One died, one lost his soul to the Dementors, one snapped his wand in half and went to live as a Muggle. Only one entered in peace and left in peace."
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Great stuff. The trouble with things is that Harry was forced to learn one way to defend against Dementors when he was 13. Rather than explain all four methods, Remus realised the one that was easiest/ best suited for Harry and taught him it.

May I keep this for reference? I've always wondered what Jo meant in HBP, as we're only ever shown one method. This is the best explanation I've found.
Sioned136 chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Brilliant. Again. I'm saving these when I need a House perspective.

Thank you.
hguy13 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
love it.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Aria, this is the only place I can answer your question, so I hope you, and anyone else who might be interested will read this.

The Talmudic story I am referring to is 'Four entered the Pardes' ('arba'a nichnesu lapardes'), in which four rabbis entered the Pardes (Orchard, Paradise). One died, one lost his mind, one became a heretic and 'only one entered in peace and left in peace'.
Aria chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Love your writing! And your characterization too!

I just wish you have told the name of the Talmudic story you are making reference of.
MalikOfDarkness chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Was the last sentence referring to Snape?
wokanshutaiduo chapter 1 . 11/4/2011