Reviews for The Girl and the Oni
Timeskipper1 chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL HAVEN'T REVIEWED THIS!

Must correct. Immediately.

Anyway, like everything Parsee-related you write, this story is excellent. The whole debacle with Miyo and Takahashi was well-written enough to let it blend in the story naturally, even though it barges in the plot rather suddenly and isn't directly related to Parsee.
Though, when I think heartwarming the first thing that comes to my mind are your stories, this one started out pretty dark, but in the second chapter everything is resolved. This way, it's even more heartwarming!

There's probably one reason why this story's start hit me as very dark, maybe even more than it actually is: the whole mirror thing reminded me of the Evangelion fanfic Scar Tissue, where Shinji sees something similar in his nightmares. Even though that fic ups the angst even more, the similarities are still staggering. Now, I don't know if you've ever read it, but it would be funny if you actually did. Also, the mirror's rant at the end reminded me of Eva too, probably because Asuka in the series has a moment where she makes a very similar soliloquy ("I hate ... I hate ... I hate ... but most of all... most of all I hate myself!").
ReyScarlet chapter 2 . 1/25/2013
Oh geez please make everything better! By better, I mean maybe a certain buddhist or saint or miko releasing Parsee? This makes me feel happy, but sad, amazing work!
Fleija chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
Hate is a terrible thing. Oh Parsee...
Eiki chapter 2 . 3/2/2012
so glad i didn't read these at work. i loved it.
Anonymous chapter 2 . 3/1/2012
Please oh please write an epilogue of this! I have recently started getting into this pairing!
Nettlebane chapter 2 . 2/4/2012
Such a great story!

You write so well! Excellent pacing, interesting story, and great job keeping everyone in character! I was really able to empathize with the characters. :D

YuugixParsee is such an adorable pairing, too! I mean, I can't really see anyone BUT the big lug taking care of the grumpy, little Hashihime XD Too cute!

Anyways, thanks for writing this, I really enjoyed it. I hope you decide to write more stories involving this couple, they don't get enough love.
ultra-violet-box chapter 2 . 6/16/2011
As soon as I read that Reimu was leading the humans, I got really mad. I dislike her a lot. When Parsee was saying how she wanted to shove her face in the dirt, I was actually going "DO IT DO IT DO IT"

Amazing story; you captured Parsee perfectly :)
takamiori chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
This is a truly amazing story! Grammar is practically perfect, spelling is good~ *grammar nazi*

I'm very glad to have found a long Yuugi/Parsee story. And such a good one too!

I really hated the mirror at first, but I kinda felt sorry for it in the end. ;_;

Anyhoo, I do hope you'll continue with this story, and soon! There isn't enough love for Parsee or Yuugi around here.
GuyYouMetOnline chapter 2 . 1/25/2011
Still pretty good, although I'd say it's not quite as good as the rest. The Miyo/Taka thing got, I think, a bit too much focus. The story's supposed to be about Yuugi and Parsee's relationship, right? Having other things happen is fine, but it felt like too much of the focus was shifted away from the pair this time. It's still a pretty good story, though, and it's too bad that it seems to be over, because as I said before, Parsee stories are rare, and good ones are even rarer. Still, though, it was a good story.
Anonymous Pyramid Head chapter 2 . 1/25/2011
While the mood is less darker than the previous chapter, the feeling of sadness, jealousy, and outright contempt and suspense is as strong as ever...

You've made very, very noticeable improvements in the way this flowed...

Heh...I did not expect Byakuren to be so friendly with Parsee's Mirror (I would have loved to see the look on the Mirror's face)~

As for the entire Miyo/Taka fiasco, it appears to be just one big misunderstanding between the humans and the oni...

But with this union, their races would be one more step towards mending the tragedies of the past, as well as a bright future...

That said, I cannot wait for the next chapter of this cute pairing from the land under Gensokyo~
komeiji-chan chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I love it! Please make another chapter! I want Parsee to be happy again :D
GuyYouMetOnline chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Pretty good stuff. Parsee really doesn't get much attention, so I'm glad there's a story about her that actually good.

Anyways, I think you did an especially good job with the mirror (and I have to wonder: is that idea in any way related to the duplicate Parsee that appears in one of her spellcards?). I do want it to get the shit beaten out of it, but then, it's not supposed to be very sympathetic, now, is it? I think Yuugi needs to rip its head off.

I do have one question: why did the humans think it was Yuugi who took Miyo? Because unless Aya's article was full of bullshit, I can't think of a reason they'd go for Yuugi, especially when someone in the village surely knows Takahashi's name (Miyo's parents presumably would, if nobody else).

Anyways, you definitely don't have a finished story here, so I'm assuming there'll be more at some point, and if so, I'm looking forward to it.
wolfy1324 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
My God, did I ever tell you make some of the best fanfics I've ever read? Especially YuugixParsee ones...? Is there going to be another chapter...?
FlameOut chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Well well well, my wish seems to have come true. A sequel! I didn't think one would come out at all, but boy am I glad it did!

Though the ending is sad, I love it! Sad and miserable seems to go wherever Parsee goes, doesn't it? But that's what makes her, her, in a way. I mean, don't get me wrong, she is my favorite character, and I would like her to be happy, but her character is just so defined by her misery, it just doesn't seems possible for her to go without being jealous and miserable. And that's just sad.

Also, the mirror. I can't tell you how much you NAILED that mirror. The mirror tormenting her with words, and Parsee wants to hurt and even kill the mirror for her words, and all at the same time, the mirror is just another aspect of herself. It kinda have a ... self-destructive vibe to it, doesn't it?

Anyway, if there is more, you'll bet I would read it as soon as I notice! I'm loving the two story so far!
GoldenArcher96 chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
CRAP, I didn't want it to be a sad ending. \

I read your previous story and loved it. Your rendition of Parsee is amazing. She's in my top 10 characters. The way you convey her emotions really makes you feel what she's feeling.

When I saw that you wrote a sequel, I was like "YES! Another epic story!" And boy, it was amazing.

But URGH, that ending. I wanted Parsee to finally be happy and not have to suffer once again the pain of being left alone. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ending and it got to me, but Parsee deserves some happiness. T_T

Once again, great story. Maybe a third part? Eh, I unno. Do whatever pleases you, I guess.

And btw, I want to strangle that mirror. XD