Reviews for Never Promised
Aquarius Seth chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Ah finally got around to this one. (I have a rather lengthy lost.) It was a nice ending. It got a little harsh there for Cuddy but the ending was good. Thank you for sharing.
novusluna chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
This is my favorite story ever! It's the way the episode should have gone.

"Oh, and Brandy? Bring some lavender-scented massage oil. I've been told it's calming. Bye."

That was...just...so... I don't really have the words to describe it, but let me tell you, it's a great feeling!

Cuddy's so narcissistic, overbearing, manipulative, paranoid bitch. I don't know what House sees in her.

I just realize your writing a fanfic for every S7 episode (failure). Now I'm waiting for the episodes, just to read your wonderful alternative fanfic.

x
George Stark II chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
I don't think it's ooc, but I do think you're being a little hard on Cuddy. You'd really be okay with your significant other getting massages from someone they used to have sex with? I mean, obviously she could have handled it better but I think House was wrong too. And he didn't say Brandy was the only masseuse who worked, he said she was the best one. I still really liked this, though, of course. The flirting between House and Wilson was great, very believable, and the ending was cute.
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
THANK YOU!

You addressed problems that needed to be addressed. It disturbed me immensely how petty and selfish Cuddy denied House the only masseuse that worked for him. OK. Maybe the hot PT Wilson organized for him back in season 3 might have worked, too, but I can't see Cuddy being happy with her, either. House just isn't the pretending type, he calls things by their name, he calls an attractive girl just what she is. I always took him for the 'look, but not touch'-guy when in a working relationship. I'd be OK with that, Cuddy isn't, because she has trust issues.

For the fact, I'm very happy how important House thinks fidelity is in a relationship. He showed that numerous times, he is also very reluctant when he thinks he is invading an ongoing relationship of the women he falls in love with (like Stacy and Mark, Lydia and her husband). It doesn't stop him totally from stepping in, but eventually he wants an honest clean table. He is the last person I'd expect to cheat on his girlfriend/boyfriend, whatever. So that’s why I can’t understand Cuddy not trusting him on that one, sorry. She is a doctor, for crying out loud, she is the one who told him he was going to be in pain for the rest of his life. How often can she forget that, if it’s only convenient for her to do so?
Babyjay17 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
I really loved this story. You very clearly stated all the reasons why House and Cuddy could never really work. And I loved how Wilson came to House's aid physically and by taking on Cuddy for what she did.
purplemintpatty chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
You have captured most of my thoughts on "Massage Therapy" because I also think Cuddy is trying to "mold" House into what she wants. While I'm not fond of slash, it was fairly well written and almost believable. Don't take it personally. I just can't see House that way! :-)
paulac45 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Good One.
Flatpickluvr chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Wow - Cuddy isn't THAT much of a bitch (smiling)

And maybe I misunderstood, but when I read this line - (she was telling him to stop receiving help for the very real pain in his leg), I don't believe she ever told him that. She just told him she didn't want him seeing Brandy anymore.

While I've stopped defending Cuddy for the most part, I do think I would say the same thing if I were in her shoes. House had hookers over just for the sex lots of times, so I think I'd say the same thing if I found out my boyfriend were seeing a hooker no matter what he said about it just being for a msssage.

Also, the physical therapists I've known and worked with would not let a patient go home in that much pain. They're more professional and caring than that. If someone were hurting that bad, first of all, they'd change whatever therapy they were doing so that it corrected the problem instead of making it worse - and they'd also follow up with the patient regarding some type of pain relief.
Alex455 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Great one shot. Long, as always great writing. I just think Cuddy is, as for me, too much OOC. I think she's a type to cry and accept than yell and be angry. She can be angry but more with herself and she would try to find what she did wrong and accept that they're better as friends than a couple after all. If Cuddy and House want it to work one of them or both of them would need to change place of work and then be together and I know for 100% that writers won't do that to the show.

I think that this relationship might last to some point on the show and will bring some good and some bad things into their lives but I also am sure now that House won't change and when he tries he fails because he's more miserable. He might become a little more subtle with friends and/or patients but still it will be good ol' House.

I think (after what I've read on [if i remember well] Greg Yaitanes twitter) that something before the end of this season will bring Lisa and Greg apart. Either their past or they themselves. Again, Ausiello said that House has a secret he hides from Cuddy...and I know it wasn't reviled(?) yet.

I've just read that Hilson fans will love tonights episode...I don't doubt that after seeing those sneek peaks (Wilson's window escape lol).

I just hope you'll enjoy this episode.

We can only pray (and I'm strong agnostic) that there'll be more of House/Wilson