Reviews for The Occluded Soul
the.interwebs chapter 20 . 9/24
Splendid! It was so heart felt and heart wrenching, every little bit good! I love how you manage to blend mystery, angst, and joy into such a well written bundle! Thanks so much!
Rosmerta chapter 19 . 9/18
I love this more every time I read it! And I love your John and Helen. They’re adorable and just perfect as Hermione’s parents. All your characters are so well done! ... posting review on chapter 19 because FFnet won’t let me review 20 twice...
kabotin chapter 20 . 9/4
Very nice ending ~ well done writing the story!
AerynS chapter 20 . 8/24
You made me cry. This is so beautiful, so poignant.
BMFiend chapter 1 . 8/8
Holy cow this story is phenomenal! The rich characterization of Severus and Hermione, and the treatment of Hermione's parents was so unique and heartwarming! Oh my god I can't express enough: this story is sooooo well written. I literally CRIED every time Hermione was experiencing heartbreak over Severus or Oliver. I loved reading how you showed other characters' perspectives (like Severus's and Hermione's) while keeping the essence of their character & personality and still having it come across as authentic. And I loved how you mentioned (well more than mentioned haha) Lily, and gave a history to her & Severus's relationship and his devotion/obsession with her—how she defined/shaped the person he would become. She was his reason for a great majority of his life, and as much as we all love Hermione, I love how you didn't disregard Lily cuz doing so would also be ignoring a great portion of Severus's life. Including Lily in the story made Severus's turmoil and eventual decision and character development more weighty and significant. I really thought your understanding of Severus was incredible. And just overall, I couldn't stop thinking about this story even when I was forced to stop (and go to work & do real person things).

I've read all your other fics and I was holding out until reading this one because it would be the last thing of yours that I haven't read. And still, after years of rereadind the fics you've posted, I think you are gifted, gifted, incredible storyteller and writer.

I want to read EVERYTHING you write, not JUST these amazing fics, because your stories and your syntax and your writing style resonant with my mind and soul so perfectly that reading becomes a different, otherworldly experience entirely. I'd read anything your write, hmu if ever.

Thank you so much, you genius you, from the bottom of my heart.
wine witch chapter 20 . 6/30
What a wonderful story, thank you so much!
maple87 chapter 20 . 6/7
Amazing story, I've had a real binge of your writing recently on ff and I just love it. You're very talented x
WeirdLittleStories chapter 20 . 5/10
Wow! This was a stunning story, excellently done.

Fragmented-soul Snape reminded me a bit of a person with Dissociative Identity Disorder (which may still be better known by its former name of Multiple Personality Disorder).

I love brilliant and resourceful Hermione. I felt a few qualms, though, at having her be so very grateful for Snape's protection, when canon Hermione is pretty damned good at protecting not only herself but those she cares about.

Anyway, fabulous story!
parnell chapter 20 . 5/8
I love the way you write Hermione’s parents in this story - like real people, with their own characters and opinions, not just cardboard cut-out parent sterotypes. Their comments made me laugh.

I also wanted to commend you on your ability to swear authentically, British-style! So many non-natives never get it quite right in their fanfics because they’re too hesitant, but yours packed a really authentic Anglo-saxon punch. Well done! ️
ladyofsilverdawn chapter 20 . 4/28
Wow! This was magnificent. The UST nearly made my heart combust. And I love the plot and smut. Brilliant job!
Amyeco chapter 7 . 4/20
Okay so I'm not one to leave reviews for already complete stories but this is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It's funny, intriguing and a totally new concept. I love it! Thank you.
mbagmag chapter 20 . 4/16
Wow! This has been one of the best and most original Harry Potter fan fics I’ve had the privilege to read. Beautiful writing and surprising humor throughout. I loved the direction you took this story, so thank you for an excellent read. Sequel?
CodenameSev chapter 20 . 4/7
I'm so happy that I read this. It's what i have been looking for. Fluff, Angst, a dash of lemons and creative writingkudos!
Emerald S. Sparrow chapter 20 . 4/1
LOVED this. Super different from anything I’ve read. I particularly enjoyed Hermione’s parents; they were delightful. What a beautiful story!
capitaine.licorne.1 chapter 20 . 3/25