Reviews for The Occluded Soul
Hikorichan chapter 20 . 4/11
Such a wonderful story! Great idea, and the plot and pacing were perfect. Your Severus and Hermione are very much how I see them too. Thanks for the happy ending. This one is going in my favourites :)
Cause-and-Author chapter 20 . 4/10
And thus ends! A beautiful, poignant, heartwrenching story. You took me along a merry road to get here, and I thank you for it. Thank you for a happy ending, and thank you for such a beautiful vision of the Wizarding world.
Cause-and-Author chapter 19 . 4/10
Oh man - I completely sympathize with Severus' fears and worries about not being good enough. That scene really hit home. This "final battle" was brilliantly written and very well executed, and I appreciated the idea that the Order may still be the "front lines", but they have the full support of the Ministry.
Cause-and-Author chapter 18 . 4/10
Good work with the Harry-crux! It seems to me that if soul magic is sufficiently evolved and understood to create a horcrux in the first place, it should be possible to destroy it without necessarily killing the living host. Well done!

I am scaroused to see the return of Avenging Angel Snape!
Cause-and-Author chapter 17 . 4/10
This whole chapter was like Whiplash for my poor abused heart. I swear I could _feel_ Hermione's pain, and it stayed with me right up through Severus' confession until it got replaced by a keen sense of his yearning and shame and regret. You have a masterful way with words.
Cause-and-Author chapter 16 . 4/10
"That wasn't an argument, that was playing" - my relationship to my partner in seven words. Well done! I loved the embarrassment of the last scene - Oh, you wicked woman, I could swear they were getting over this!
Cause-and-Author chapter 15 . 4/10
Exquisite! I appreciated the Iron-willed confrontation with her notes - I think that was probably the only way to get through to him.
Cause-and-Author chapter 14 . 4/10
You're absolutely wrecking my heart with this, but I keep throwing myself at the story. This is so well done, and very nicely executed. The depiction of the Avenging Snape after Hermione attempts to sever the link were painfully beautiful.
Cause-and-Author chapter 13 . 4/10
Now _this_ is the Snape that I always imagined! Quiet, practical, and at heart little more than a set of skills wrapped around a Duty so overriding that it must be capitalized. You've portrayed that to perfection.
Cause-and-Author chapter 12 . 4/10
This was a very apt metaphor, and I appreciated that you've used different metaphors for the mind for each person, according to the way they see it. Brilliant! The revelation that Snape was at least a little bit in lust before the connection is a heady one - oooh, I can't wait to see where you go!
Cause-and-Author chapter 11 . 4/10
Star Spangled Banner: Based on an English drinking tune, and the best kind of drunks, madam. The very best. Also, I suspect that the original tune dipped before going up, rendering that high note much lower and in range.

The dream sequence here was wonderfully tender. I appreciate the idea that he split off the best parts of himself first and stored those in the wand - and the implication that she has all his best and brightest emotions. Beautiful!
Cause-and-Author chapter 10 . 4/10
"how hard have you fallen?" GREAT question - oh, man, the conversation with her mum brought tears to my eyes. Your story continues to be brilliantly written, consistent, tense, exciting, and addicting. I'm supposed to be working, darn it!
Cause-and-Author chapter 9 . 4/10
HOT. Your use of the dream sequences is inspired - and I love the idea that as she comes to contain more of his soul, she and he have a better, stronger connection. Hermione's realization that he was turning her into a horcrux was handled extremely well. I continue to be simply amazed and inspired - thank you!
Cause-and-Author chapter 8 . 4/10
Oh, good work with the horcrux! Obviously, that kind of deep-down-dark magic would be something Snape is familiar with, and you've used it brilliantly thus far. Man alive, when he's off his leash he's terrifying.
Cause-and-Author chapter 7 . 4/10
Every time you describe the intellect and power coming or going from Snape's eyes, I get a little choked up. You write beautifully - I'm completely invested in these characters, and you've written them extremely well.
1,343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »