Reviews for The Occluded Soul
miscmis chapter 7 . 10/20/2010
I perked up at this bit of dialogue "The one that loves her still is lost." All these tantalizing, unfinished thoughts and knowledge, streaming both ways.

The beginning of the dreamed make out sessions tides over the romantics. As does the physical exam.

Fabulous lines:

- "No, dear. All parents have tried for that option. [Going insane] doesn't seem to be voluntary."

- "Good boy."

Nice callback: the order to protect engenders real reactions from Snape

Oh what a scene at the end...so present and so not.
FlittterKat chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
I'm so relieved he's safe and fairly well. It hurt to know where he was and what he was going through. I hope tomorrow is a better day for him. Thanks Aurette for such an enthralling story, I'm enjoying the heck out of it.
bournespeed chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
What a lovely surprise on waking, two chapters. Both of them fab and smutty dreams thrown in. It feels like we're heading towards enlightenment now. Am I right in thinking the phrase from very early on could be the key to another awakening?
miscmis chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
Apologies for the bullet-point style...but at least your brain teaser of a story has compelled me to delurk and review a few chapters before I revert to my lazy ways.

Fabulous lines:

- "She felt like a traitor, but she wasn't sure for which side."

- "I promise to clean up after him and feed him and hide the bodies, I swear."

- "You mean it? I can keep him?" (guffaw)

Nice callbacks:

- the clean travel mug on the doormat

- "I didn't k-kill."

And then further proof of how awesome you've made Hermione's parents: "Hermione, you don't have to thank me. Just don't be wrong about him. That's all I ask."

It's interesting to see what Snape can still do in the universe of yours, regardless of his state of mind. His instinct to protect through violence seems about right and perhaps ward setting is primarily muscle memory at this point?
TequilaNervous chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Well, you're writing very fast! ;) heeeheee

I know I should not be asking this, but are they going to 'find each other'? I hope theanswer is yes. As always, your fics are incredible! You're great!

Take care! You and Mr. Aurette too...;) ;)

Rocio
miscmis chapter 5 . 10/20/2010
Dang, even without reviewing I can't keep up with your quick updates!

I think it's great how you call back to previous dialogue and themes. His lucidity may fade in and out but when he is in a position to rid himself of a Deatheater...what intensity. How unnerving it must have been for Harry to receive

Snape's purposeful message in such a manner and then subsequently envision the violent deaths at Voldemort's lair.

One of the only things that has surprised me is that is has taken this long for Hermione to view memories herself rather than rely solely on Harry's interpretations. Especially given Ron's insightful guesses about Snape's true allegiances and what truly happened at the Astronomy Tower.

I think I said this before, but I really like your take on the Grangers in this. As characters they've got a great sense of when to be funny and when to be sympathetic sounding boards.

The best imagery in this chapter was the last scene of our favorite hero, casually putting a Deatheater in his place while methodically eating his meal and dismissing the tomato slices. Somehow it felt right that Hermione would approach him and yet not immediately recognize him - implying some interesting things about his fractured soul and the nature of their connection.
BelfryBat chapter 8 . 10/20/2010
I'm glad you're having fun, because I certainly am!
FlittterKat chapter 5 . 10/20/2010
Oh my, she never knew how close she came to not seeing tomorrow. Good for Severus, he finally made it there. I can't wait to see what happens next. ~rubs hands in glee~ Thanks Aurette, just what I needed after a long day at school.
Karla Manatee chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Hawt!

Seriously though, that was more of a Billie Jean than a Zombie Stomp. :)

In all seriousness, fantastic and thorough and you kept me up for an hour! I am going to be so tired tomorrow... and it was totally worth it!

xoxo

ps: post moar!
Karla Manatee chapter 8 . 10/20/2010
Hand jive

OMG.

xoxo again. I'm literally sitting on the edge of my seat.

Karla Manatee chapter 7 . 10/20/2010
Did Not Like the end of this chapter, though the rest was fab as always - and I understand that it had to be that way to continue the story's forward motion. Thanks for that.

Onward and upward!

Golfbabe87 chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
So this just keeps getting better and better. I am less confused and more confused than I was before. Wow, Hermione is a fudging Horocrux! Holy flipping flying monkey's! So, even the parts of Severus that Hermione has reached before still hasn't been Severus...only this last one really was him. He saved her parents yay! It was very sweet how Helen and John were saying how much they loved eachother with their eyes in what they thought were their final moments. So Severus still loves Lily. Well poo! lol And where do we go from here I wonder...duh duh duh! Oh, and yay for me being minion material? lol As long as there isn't a Dark Mark involved...but maybe some perky health benefits or something? haha
Karla Manatee chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
I'm trying to play catch-up on review, I really am. :)

Oh, fantastic news this chapter, and I hope more comes in the following!

renaid chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
So I seem to be even more confused than I was before, though I don't mind at all! Of course, I only just now realized how late it is but I'm still glad I just happened to be up late enough to get one more chapter!

Severus is quite the super hero, isn't he?

And yum, lemons. I'm going to bed now to dream of Severus lemons.
Karla Manatee chapter 5 . 10/20/2010