Reviews for The Occluded Soul
craza2k chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Yesssh!

I greatly approve of this fic. Especially that last chapter. Kekeke.
Notnahtanha chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Phoar.

I'd say that the way we flirt is shameless, but I haven't really started yet :D I'm loving the flow of this story, poor barking mad Severus dragging Hermione after him, all the blood and chaos. And I adore the theory behind the soul damage, and how Severus is functioning the best he can, following orders (old and new) until the desperate gamble on Hermione pays off or not.

Now that I'm not dashing off to class first thing one shall be a good girl and review every chapter promptly.
FlittterKat chapter 7 . 10/20/2010
Man, do you know how to pack a punch into a chapter or what! I admit, I'm clueless about what he's trying to tell her, hope she figures it out soon. Should be in bed, but you know how it is when you're in the middle of a good story...
BelfryBat chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
O.o

Wow.

Hey, have I mentioned how much I love this story? Because yeah.
miscmis chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Thank you Crookshanks for trying to untie the Grangers. You may be cranky old guy but you really know when to pitch in.

Damn it, I hate it when the death of a minor, original character gets to me. And with just a cameo, too. Farewell Sir Walter.

Ah...a few more dream Snapes. A moving, emotive young one. The lost one who still loves Lily and most resembles the canonical, eyebrow raising Snape.

Fabulous lines:

- "...she would never know if he was actually a lord, or if he'd ever actually worked in the markets, or even if his name was really Walter."

- "He sat with his arms wrapped tight around his knobby knees and she knelt down behind him and wrapped her own arms around him as well."

- "She opened her heart and made room for the broken pieces of Severus's soul."

Nice callbacks:

- "The pieces hurt me."

- A wand in each of Snape's hands.
miscmis chapter 8 . 10/20/2010
Moonwalk? Hmmmmnnn. Not sure about that one.

Fabulous line:

"Professor Snape is not a food processor!"

Nice callback: more muscle memory in chopping the vegetables

How sad for Snape, even as his mind and soul are only partially present, he still keenly feels the loss of his godson. He even feels guilt for sparing a Deatheater who thankfully wasn't the one who killed Draco, but man...for all the thoughts he could have picked up from Hermione, he picks up on the conversation about Mulciber's hideout. How violent it truly must have been.

"He wasn't suffering from any Muggle brain injury. He was simply missing too many pieces of his soul."

While I love how your story teases and hints, it was nice to get some confirmation of my thoughts with Hermione's exposition with Ginny.

Fabulous line:

"Did the shards still hurt? Or had he lost so much that the broken pieces of his soul rattled around inside with plenty of room to drift, disconnected from the spark at his center?"
miscmis chapter 7 . 10/20/2010
I perked up at this bit of dialogue "The one that loves her still is lost." All these tantalizing, unfinished thoughts and knowledge, streaming both ways.

The beginning of the dreamed make out sessions tides over the romantics. As does the physical exam.

Fabulous lines:

- "No, dear. All parents have tried for that option. [Going insane] doesn't seem to be voluntary."

- "Good boy."

Nice callback: the order to protect engenders real reactions from Snape

Oh what a scene at the end...so present and so not.
FlittterKat chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
I'm so relieved he's safe and fairly well. It hurt to know where he was and what he was going through. I hope tomorrow is a better day for him. Thanks Aurette for such an enthralling story, I'm enjoying the heck out of it.
bournespeed chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
What a lovely surprise on waking, two chapters. Both of them fab and smutty dreams thrown in. It feels like we're heading towards enlightenment now. Am I right in thinking the phrase from very early on could be the key to another awakening?
miscmis chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
Apologies for the bullet-point style...but at least your brain teaser of a story has compelled me to delurk and review a few chapters before I revert to my lazy ways.

Fabulous lines:

- "She felt like a traitor, but she wasn't sure for which side."

- "I promise to clean up after him and feed him and hide the bodies, I swear."

- "You mean it? I can keep him?" (guffaw)

Nice callbacks:

- the clean travel mug on the doormat

- "I didn't k-kill."

And then further proof of how awesome you've made Hermione's parents: "Hermione, you don't have to thank me. Just don't be wrong about him. That's all I ask."

It's interesting to see what Snape can still do in the universe of yours, regardless of his state of mind. His instinct to protect through violence seems about right and perhaps ward setting is primarily muscle memory at this point?
TequilaNervous chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Well, you're writing very fast! ;) heeeheee

I know I should not be asking this, but are they going to 'find each other'? I hope theanswer is yes. As always, your fics are incredible! You're great!

Take care! You and Mr. Aurette too...;) ;)

Rocio
miscmis chapter 5 . 10/20/2010
Dang, even without reviewing I can't keep up with your quick updates!

I think it's great how you call back to previous dialogue and themes. His lucidity may fade in and out but when he is in a position to rid himself of a Deatheater...what intensity. How unnerving it must have been for Harry to receive

Snape's purposeful message in such a manner and then subsequently envision the violent deaths at Voldemort's lair.

One of the only things that has surprised me is that is has taken this long for Hermione to view memories herself rather than rely solely on Harry's interpretations. Especially given Ron's insightful guesses about Snape's true allegiances and what truly happened at the Astronomy Tower.

I think I said this before, but I really like your take on the Grangers in this. As characters they've got a great sense of when to be funny and when to be sympathetic sounding boards.

The best imagery in this chapter was the last scene of our favorite hero, casually putting a Deatheater in his place while methodically eating his meal and dismissing the tomato slices. Somehow it felt right that Hermione would approach him and yet not immediately recognize him - implying some interesting things about his fractured soul and the nature of their connection.
BelfryBat chapter 8 . 10/20/2010
I'm glad you're having fun, because I certainly am!
FlittterKat chapter 5 . 10/20/2010
Oh my, she never knew how close she came to not seeing tomorrow. Good for Severus, he finally made it there. I can't wait to see what happens next. ~rubs hands in glee~ Thanks Aurette, just what I needed after a long day at school.
Karla Manatee chapter 9 . 10/20/2010
Hawt!

Seriously though, that was more of a Billie Jean than a Zombie Stomp. :)

In all seriousness, fantastic and thorough and you kept me up for an hour! I am going to be so tired tomorrow... and it was totally worth it!

xoxo