Reviews for The Breaking of the Bones
jenlovesbones chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
"If fate did exist, you would have no reason to feel lucky." She pointed out. "Either it was predestined by some imaginary higher power or it was chance. You can't have it both ways." She informed him. "Besides, wouldn't you rather be with me knowing that I chose you with my own free will and not because the universe just kept shoving me in your general direction until I gave in?" Booth smiled.

-This is how I feel about religion and destiny in general. I think. Most of the time. :)

"You're going to kiss me now, aren't you?" -Such a Brennan thing to say. I can see her/hear her in my head here. :)

And the end... well, that was quite like the S7 premiere. They both said it and just knew it. It was fact, not uncertainty. Well played. :)
jenlovesbones chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
This, your explanation, is such a Brennan thing to do!

"Well, I sort of made a comment about how Booth was her very own Robert Redford and that he was the only one who could comfort her when she got like this. You know Brennan, she likes to learn about things she doesn't understand so she made me get the movie and then she did understand and now she won't stop watching it."

I want this fight. They can have babies and puppies and housewarmings later. I still want the fight, their fight, to see that they have the fight in them to clean the slate. If skipping six months of their relationship is supposed to be the veil for this fight, I'm not okay with that. I. Want. It. #ThatIsAll
jenlovesbones chapter 3 . 11/7/2011
"When did my entire life start revolving around Bones?" He asked her, honestly wanting to know. "I thought about it last night and I couldn't figure it out. One day, she's just my partner and then she was my best friend and the next thing I know, she's everything." He said.

-yeah, sure you were in love with her from the get-go, buddy. I liked this line a lot.

Oh, and...

"Fight for her." She said, as if it were obvious. "And she didn't shoot you down. You assumed that she would shoot you down and then when she tried to explain her side of the story, you just heard the word 'can't' and stopped listening. I get it, your heart was lying there on the sidewalk and you heard what you expected her to say so you pulled back as fast as you could. And in true Brennan fashion, she followed your lead."

...why is this concept so hard for him? I think, if she walked away now, in S7... I'm not sure he'd fight for her yet. The baby, yes, but not her. *sigh*

"Like bones remodeling." Hodgins offered, comparing it to something she could relate to. "If a bone is broken and then re-calcifies incorrectly, sometimes you have to re-break the bone so that it can heal properly." He said. "You and Booth broke apart. You separated for almost a year and when you came back from your time apart…

"We re-modeled incorrectly?" Brennan asked.

- - Genius comparison. I'm only mildly embarrassed I hadn't read this yet. Thanks, Joe. RIP Frazier.

Also: "Thank you. That's much better than Angela's theory that ice cream can cure emotional pain." Hodgins smiled. / Lmao.
jenlovesbones chapter 2 . 11/7/2011
Gah... why couldn't they have this fight? Why haven't they had this fight yet? There's still time... time before it becomes so old it gets to a place where it's too awkward to have. Why... why... why!

"I must have been because I stayed." She yelled back. "Even though, you were the one who told me that it was against the rules to date partners. You were the one who drew the line when Cam was poisoned and you said that you would never date another co-worker. You were the one who never showed a single sign of anything other than friendly affection towards me until all of a sudden, one night standing in front of the Hoover, you do a complete role reversal and claim that you've loved me all along!" She roared.

Point. Set. Match for Brennan.
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This is probably my favorite summation of "Why Booth Brought Back Desert Barbie?"

"You have a need to make things right, it's what you do." Sweets said. "You're subconsciously trying to ease Dr. Brennan's guilt about her choices by coming home with a girlfriend." Sweets said quickly, as if he had been waiting to share this opinion since the agent had landed on U.S. soil. "You feel that you were the reason that she left for Indonesia and you want her to stay in your life so you've found a girlfriend to prove that you're moving on and that you're not heartbroken. That way, you are removing the blame that you unwittingly put onto Dr. Brennan that evening and she can be in your presence again without any issues."

... Prepare yourself...
Awesome chapter 5 . 4/26/2011
this was awesome!
l20 chapter 5 . 4/3/2011
good job.
marple chapter 5 . 4/2/2011
This has to be one of the absolutly best season 6 fics ive read so far. Loved how you acknowledged both their faults in such a realistic way. You described it all so well from both their eyes. Of course also loved how you solved it and its not often i feel satisfied with how those are done.

Great writing i wish you were the one writing this season.

Thank you for writing and sharing with us.
marple chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
This is great and i fully enjoy the read so far. You are doing a great job at describing both of their mistakes and faults in this mess. I cant understand that tptb dont see it.

Looking forward to read on.
TeamCarlisleandEsme8 chapter 5 . 4/2/2011
Loved it
Jenn chapter 5 . 3/28/2011
Nice. So wish this would actually happen.
MentalistLover13 chapter 5 . 3/27/2011
I loved it!:) Beautifully written!:) I do think that you should chage the rating to T though. lol. not M at all. haha. I loved it once again. beautifully done!:)
Rori Potter chapter 5 . 3/27/2011
That was an amazing story.
Pacicos chapter 5 . 3/27/2011
Loved this story, but I have to admit I've been SO upset with Season Six and the Hannah arc, that I didn't go back to read it until I saw it was complete. Yes, you can think I am coward... but I refused to read about Booth's love and his moving on, etc. Fan Fiction stories helped me during this unfortunate choice by the writers.

Only my enjoyment and because I liked your writing in your other stories, made me go to reading The Breaking of the Bones once I saw it was complete. I had had enough angst with the Season!Honestly,the way you wrote the resolution in their relationship to a fulfilling, well deserved completion is almost perfection. Thanks! Keep on writing, you are very talented and I like the way your muse goes.
Rankor01 chapter 5 . 3/26/2011
glad to see this one updated. I liked the back and forth here; you really brought out the connection these two re-established. I would like to think that their relationship would be like this, retaining the repartee that they share.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »