Reviews for The Breaking of the Bones
Great story! A wonderful way of dealing with the nuisance of Hannah! BTW, I LOVED the fight. I would enjoy seeing a real blow up of emotions on my screen. Thanks!
Bones2014 chapter 5 . 5/17
That was an amazing story. As long as B&B end up together, I'm a happy camper:)
Bones2014 chapter 4 . 5/17
Well, there you go. You were correct, definitely jam packed...and spot on good. Finally ready to try & return to the B&B we know & love.
Bones2014 chapter 3 . 5/17
How sad is it, but truly B&B, that everyone has this figured out but them? They've done what they can, pointing each in the right direction. Now it's up to them.
Bones2014 chapter 2 . 5/17
Wow, I never would have thought it would have been Booth to say that? Brennan, yes, but not him. Interesting, but sad. Love Hodgins,,, he's definitely underused on the show. The looks he gives are priceless!
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/17
This is the part I that I always felt was totally unnecessary...that debacle that was the first half of season 6...uhg! It was painful to watch, & now I'm guessing the next few chapters are going to be as painful to read? I'll try to push on, hoping for a happy ending.
Adelled chapter 5 . 5/13
bexie25 chapter 5 . 11/5/2014
Loved it :)
IHeartBonesBooth chapter 5 . 6/22/2014
I really loved this story, Of course I cried a little but I loved it... Great Job
jenlovesbones chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
"If fate did exist, you would have no reason to feel lucky." She pointed out. "Either it was predestined by some imaginary higher power or it was chance. You can't have it both ways." She informed him. "Besides, wouldn't you rather be with me knowing that I chose you with my own free will and not because the universe just kept shoving me in your general direction until I gave in?" Booth smiled.

-This is how I feel about religion and destiny in general. I think. Most of the time. :)

"You're going to kiss me now, aren't you?" -Such a Brennan thing to say. I can see her/hear her in my head here. :)

And the end... well, that was quite like the S7 premiere. They both said it and just knew it. It was fact, not uncertainty. Well played. :)
jenlovesbones chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
This, your explanation, is such a Brennan thing to do!

"Well, I sort of made a comment about how Booth was her very own Robert Redford and that he was the only one who could comfort her when she got like this. You know Brennan, she likes to learn about things she doesn't understand so she made me get the movie and then she did understand and now she won't stop watching it."

I want this fight. They can have babies and puppies and housewarmings later. I still want the fight, their fight, to see that they have the fight in them to clean the slate. If skipping six months of their relationship is supposed to be the veil for this fight, I'm not okay with that. I. Want. It. #ThatIsAll
jenlovesbones chapter 3 . 11/7/2011
"When did my entire life start revolving around Bones?" He asked her, honestly wanting to know. "I thought about it last night and I couldn't figure it out. One day, she's just my partner and then she was my best friend and the next thing I know, she's everything." He said.

-yeah, sure you were in love with her from the get-go, buddy. I liked this line a lot.

Oh, and...

"Fight for her." She said, as if it were obvious. "And she didn't shoot you down. You assumed that she would shoot you down and then when she tried to explain her side of the story, you just heard the word 'can't' and stopped listening. I get it, your heart was lying there on the sidewalk and you heard what you expected her to say so you pulled back as fast as you could. And in true Brennan fashion, she followed your lead."

...why is this concept so hard for him? I think, if she walked away now, in S7... I'm not sure he'd fight for her yet. The baby, yes, but not her. *sigh*

"Like bones remodeling." Hodgins offered, comparing it to something she could relate to. "If a bone is broken and then re-calcifies incorrectly, sometimes you have to re-break the bone so that it can heal properly." He said. "You and Booth broke apart. You separated for almost a year and when you came back from your time apart…

"We re-modeled incorrectly?" Brennan asked.

- - Genius comparison. I'm only mildly embarrassed I hadn't read this yet. Thanks, Joe. RIP Frazier.

Also: "Thank you. That's much better than Angela's theory that ice cream can cure emotional pain." Hodgins smiled. / Lmao.
jenlovesbones chapter 2 . 11/7/2011
Gah... why couldn't they have this fight? Why haven't they had this fight yet? There's still time... time before it becomes so old it gets to a place where it's too awkward to have. Why... why... why!

"I must have been because I stayed." She yelled back. "Even though, you were the one who told me that it was against the rules to date partners. You were the one who drew the line when Cam was poisoned and you said that you would never date another co-worker. You were the one who never showed a single sign of anything other than friendly affection towards me until all of a sudden, one night standing in front of the Hoover, you do a complete role reversal and claim that you've loved me all along!" She roared.

Point. Set. Match for Brennan.
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This is probably my favorite summation of "Why Booth Brought Back Desert Barbie?"

"You have a need to make things right, it's what you do." Sweets said. "You're subconsciously trying to ease Dr. Brennan's guilt about her choices by coming home with a girlfriend." Sweets said quickly, as if he had been waiting to share this opinion since the agent had landed on U.S. soil. "You feel that you were the reason that she left for Indonesia and you want her to stay in your life so you've found a girlfriend to prove that you're moving on and that you're not heartbroken. That way, you are removing the blame that you unwittingly put onto Dr. Brennan that evening and she can be in your presence again without any issues."

... Prepare yourself...