Reviews for A Tale of Two Rustbuckets
orionastro chapter 6 . 8/15
very good story so far, I hope you can update soon
panther73110 chapter 6 . 8/25/2016
Great story, noticed you have not update since 2011, hope you still plan on finishing this story.
BigWilly526 chapter 6 . 11/29/2015
I really hope you revive this story its great
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
UPDATE ME!
Rydan fall chapter 6 . 5/31/2014
Nice, shame this is after New Caprica, then they could have had done a raid on the Colonies to recover stuff from wrecked battlestars & so.

Mmm, does the Galactica have a spare jump calculator from a Raptor?
With a small program change, they could use it to control a stargate, after having recovered one from some planet.
Would certainly make things easier.

Now, which way to go.
Truely a shame they don't have a Mercury left, did Lee Adama atleast save Pegasus her blueprints and software files?
Why?
It would let them construct a new Mercury class production plant on one of their other ships, like Galactica her museum hangarbay(?).
They need to build new tools before the old are destroyed either in battle or by wear & tear.

So, when is the stargate factory ship coming in?
With a little reprogramming, it should be able to make things like spareparts.
Inoeth chapter 6 . 4/12/2014
Yikes, this story had real potential. damn shame it's been years and years since the last update.
notcroaker chapter 6 . 3/14/2014
Have to say, this is a really good story. The author has a good grasp of the characters and has built an inventive and intriguing scenario.
EffervescentNova chapter 6 . 11/2/2013
Good story, shame it hasn't been continued.
Dragon Cat84 chapter 6 . 10/27/2013
Shame this didn't go further
GuestRoom chapter 6 . 10/22/2013
To the author,
if you are reading, please continue this.
I was immersed and so disappointed by the fact it abruptly stops right when it gets really heated.

So, the Ancients are Kobolians (or whatever they are referred to), or perhaps even their ancestors (which would fit better with timelines)? What about the 150.000-years-ago part? Was that when actual Kobolians came to Earth? The original BSG was set in the present, actually, while Earthlings were descendants from original Kobolians in a way. But how do the Final Five fit into that? They seem to be Ancients themselves. And what about the First Earth? Was that the Ancients' homeworld and not destroyed just 2.000 years ago, but some 2.000.000 or so? Were their original Cylons what caused their initial demise? That's a bit unlikely, because their technology would have been 'salvaged' by the Five. Or would it? After all, we do know that humans of that Universe have a tendency of getting rid of their technology hoping that this way they won't abuse it again, but they eventually always do (something around there could explain who the Lords of Kobol were and why were they worshiped). So, the Ancients came from the Original Earth, made Cylons, messed up with them, fled to Kobol, made that planet mystically uninhabitable (I am referring and recalling the way Six spoke to Baltar about how literally god-forsaken Kobol is), fled Kobol, split into 13 colonies, one went astray 150.000 years ago (or 153.500, as if I remember well, Kobol exodus took place 3.500 years before the events of reimaged BSG, but that is irrelevant details) leading to events similar to ones of BSG's finale, just from 13th Tribe POV, becoming Earth as we know it. Since mysticism in both shows has about the same tone and is on a similar level, it makes mor3 sense that Destiny's true mission was to reunite with them instead of a 'god-search' stuff.
So, Destiny's true mission is to reunite the 13 Ancient-descending colonies... YES, PLEASE, I LIKE!
GuestRoom chapter 2 . 10/22/2013
So, this BSG is in the present, not the past?

BTW, "even older than Adama". na'ah, Carlyle is actually over a decade younger than Olmos.
GuestRoom chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
"Another considered the return of Lords of Kobol (recommended action: nuke them)" LOL, that made me smile more than it should.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
Hey I liked your story, so please return to working on it so I can say nice things to you.
jeff.dickey chapter 6 . 9/16/2013
OK, you've set things up nicely… two-plus years since the update is CERTAINLY enough dramatic suspense! :-)
DemeRain chapter 6 . 6/2/2013
That is one hell of a cross-over. Thanks for sharing.