Reviews for Universal Language
lightning bird chapter 1 . 8/29
This was as excellent as it was touching. Thank you for a look at two such excellent characters!
Adamantia9031 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
ohmygosh Roland
Roland, stop, seriously
This is freakin' beautiful. I'm so happy I'm not the only one who thinks Roland is a total boss. He's ALWAYS been there for him.
Smh, this was beautiful.
pixeljam chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Hmmm...very intriguing. I really enjoyed this, especially the sections about Seto as a young boy. You portrayed him very well, and his connection with Roland from an early age is set very nicely in this story. Also, with Seto's trust in Roland...very good job!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Kaiba's a pretty cool guy. Angst abound like no tomorrow, but that doesn't detract from his generousity and compassion.
flightyclouds chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I kind of love this story. The series doesn't show us enough of Roland and his relationship with the Kaiba brothers, but you seem to have filled that gap wonderfully. Thank you for writing this!
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Wonderful! I enjoyed reading this immensely and only wish that it could've been even longer. I think my favorite line is this one: He was forced to recalculate the dimensions of his heart the moment Roland placed his day old son in his arms. You have such a way with words. :D Great work!
JenEvan chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Seto's life in 14 shots, but all of them showed the one constant that have given him the support he'd no longer receive from his real parents, and will never receive from Gozaburo, who was suppose to be his parent. It's the most heartwarming in scene 13 and 14, 12 the most emotionally touching, but 8 won with it's funny sarcasm that is just Seto xD
EvilKnivel38x chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
fantastic, you showed the relationship between Seto and Roland perfectly, i'm glad i found this fic ;)
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
**squees.** I'm glad I finally found a chance to read this. It's beautiful and IC and very satisfying. You're very talented at writing a story in short scenes/drabbles/ficlets. Everything flowed perfectly; there was never a scene change that didn't feel natural and as though it wasn't supposed to be there. And watching Roland look after Seto during the beginning years, and then on onto Seto's reign as company president, as they slowly developed a bond of friendship and family, was wonderful.

I do wonder if Gozaburo would really have ever beat Seto like that; I know it's popular in fandom, but I remember what someone once said on the subject about Gozaburo wanting to keep up appearances. If Seto was ever seen around looking beat up, it could reflect badly on Gozaburo. But since it sounds like it was an isolated case, and Gozaburo was in a rage, I guess it's hard to say what he might have been capable of. o.o

Seto's dripping sarcasm in the drabble about Bakura was hilarious. LOL.

I was worried you were going to kill Roland off when it neared the end. I'm very happy you didn't! The ending was perfect, simple and profound all at once. Which the entire series of drabbles are.
ariesdragon chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
I always had the feeling that Roland had some kind of unspoken bond, he's always there and in positions far more varied than a butler or bodyguard would have. He also doesn't seem to be that great at the job, but Kaiba isn't really short with him the way he is with everyone else. He's been seen being kind of mean to his employees but not really to Roland. That said, you took the words out of my mouth. I couldn't have wrote about them better.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
My gosh, I LOVE this. Wow...

Penultimate chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
I've made it a habit to stop reading fanfics as it seems to distract me from writing my own, but at the same time I can't help reading at least one page of YGO summaries every other day just to see what's popular and what's not. But something about the way you used a definition in your summary intrigued me, and for the first time in a very long time I found myself reading a story.

This first chapter is brilliantly handled. I love the emphasis on Seto's being "a man of few words" by literally chopping up points in his life as short interludes. I'm a big fan of stories that explore Seto's childhood, and the points that you mentioned really touched me. If forced to pick a favorite point, I'd have to say it was probably the point where Roland says "You're just a child." That nearly brought tears to my eyes, because it is all too right.

This is a very well done story, and I can't wait to see what you do with Chapter 2!