Reviews for Transition
DoubleCaramel chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
I love this, Jessica. The descriptions are beautiful, yet they made me so sad. I feel sorry for Ginny here, yet at the same time I don't blame her for her choice. I also like how she dwells on it even knowing (or believing) that she did the right one. I'd like to know about this, but at the same time I feel that you tell us enough.

This made me sad, but at the same time I really loved it.

Well done.
Edie Williams chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I'm so sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts! Sorry, rendom mucho. This was great, muy fabuloso as they say in High School Musical! It could have been better as some of the imagery was off but no half as bad as some other stories I have read.
indieisfiction chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
So beautiful. It was very sad even though it ended on a slightly positive note. Thank you for writing this amazing drabble.
shieldmaidenoftherohirrim chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Wow. I really, really loved this, Jess. It was so well written. Absolutely fantastic!
Eternally Seventeen chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Awww, that was so touching, I loved it!
Ha'niqua chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Jess, that was adorable!

I loved all of the cute little memories Ginny remembered, and how you talked about the scents of the burrows being 'seasonal.' It was lovely. :)

And I loved the mini-Malfoy. The whole thing was bittersweet, but you managed to end it beautifully so it was a positive rather than a negative.

Well done! xx
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Jessica, this is gorgeous. Your imagery is simply divine. You capture so much raw emotion here with your descriptions, and you make us feel her pain and sorrow.

/As the leaves fell, she used to think she died along with them, leaf by leaf, a little at a time, until she was like a naked tree, without life or purpose, waiting for the renewal of spring./

Haunting and brilliant. This line alone effortless captures both the prompt and the challenge.

/At some point, she began to see the beauty of the death. Life didn't end; it waited for something better, for the time when it could flourish./

This is at once both uplifting (optimistic) and depressing as hell. Again, you're wowing me with your ability to convey so much in so few words.

/But now she saw the necessity of autumn and winter. She saw why the leaves had to die, why they turned from green, to orange, to brown, and she knew that this was where she was supposed to be, in the October of her life. When her daughter looked up at her with eyes like snow-bearing clouds, she knew she would survive the winter—just as she'd survived the last nine—and be reborn into spring once again./

Perfect ending - just wonderful. If I could give a prize for the best interpretation of the prompt and flawless execution of the challenge, I would give it to you.

Exemplary work, Jessica. I want more of this delicious writing to feast upon.

~Lia
MemoriesFade chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This was amazing. The imagery was beautiful (I love imagery), and the emotion in it all was so poignant and just beautiful. (I'm not a human thesaurus at the moment.)

I can relate to the homesickness because October is the worst month to be away from home in college. You're beginning to hear about midterms. It's getting colder. Blech. So I started reading this and reminding myself of all those feelings. Hers are worse, but the story evoked emotion within me, which is difficult.

Ann
starlit skyes chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This is lovely, Jess. It's so deep, and poignant, and just beautifully written.

*sighs dreamily*

It had a...*feel* to it that was just...October-y. Kudos to you for being able to do that! It was vivid and realistic, and I felt like I could practically see it all happening, and you managed that with so few words.

My favorite bit was the part of the smell of the Burrow.

"Summer makes its transition into autumn, a transition that involves leaves falling, flowers wilting, trees burning bright with vibrant color before extinguishing like a flame. As the leaves fell, she used to think she died along with them, leaf by leaf, a little at a time, until she was like a naked tree, without life or purpose, waiting for the renewal of spring."

...That was lovely, too.

Miss-Talkative chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This is beautiful! You should be proud of yourself. Amazing imagary and your words are just heartbreaking fantastic. Loved it!

Shai xx
Boogum chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This was beautiful. Such strong, evocative imagery. I would quote my favourite lines, but I'd end up quoting the whole drabble.

Seriously, I really loved this and am in awe at your ability to combine emotion with imagery so effortlessly. The way you managed to interweave the dying month of October with the renewal of spring (and her marriage/life) was brilliantly executed, and really suited your theme. I liked that there was hope in the end.

Loved this!
amethyst-rose chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Absolutely amazing! Fantastic. Just wow! I love, love, love the imagery. It's hauntingly beautiful but heartbreaking. It's so well written, you should be so proud!
writerdragonfly chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
That is so heartbreakingly beautiful!