Reviews for Pretending
Tince chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Equal parts hopeful and resigned... and I think that's the way we all are. Beautiful.
Katastrofa chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
very emotional and beautifully written. Very much enjoyed it. thanks
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Not fluffy, but very believable and in-character - darn it! I do so love my warm and fuzzy, fluffy-bunny Jayne and River, but this seems all too likely an outcome, instead. Nice work.
mystic-notions chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I like the way it flowed. I can see him holding back, he has too much to lose if he admits or acts on his feelings. Very nice.
ArtLightLove chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
This one i would like to see continued. It is very good.
tulzdavampslayer chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
beautiful, and quite fitting
DruidLass chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
A great little ficlet. It's nice to see that conflict between them, because I really do see Jayne fighting feelings for River with everything he's worth, if only out of fear. A very sad, but lovely piece. I think I need to go read some happy Rayne fluff now, though... Thanks for the great read(s), Cleo!

Azamiko chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
*grin* Nice.
Eliche chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Very nice. I really enjoyed this. :D
Freyalyn chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Nice little filler - and Jayne was more 'accepting' than I was expecting.
goddessofbirth chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Oh...very angsty and sad...but also a realistic possibility with those two, cause we all know how emotionally stunted Jayne is and how he could very well be scared off his ass at the idea of being in love with her that he could sabotage it all.

In these situations, I'm always a fan of River kicking him in the head if he does screw up and moving on with her life LOL
The Frisky Firelily chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Ok, being the flufftastic individual I am, I shouldn't have enjoyed this, but I did. I love how it's not just him adoring her from every angle, how there are emotional barriers. I would love to see more of this, but I understand if it's just a oneshot, it's probably just my innate desire for a happy ending that would like more, just to see if it ends up being alright.

Love the physical aspect, the sharing of the apple, the tensing up and refusing of contact for too long - really shows the confusion he must feel towards the relationship. Also love River's reflections, her own fear, but her refusal to show anything on the outside.

Generally, muchos love for this little tale :) More please?