Reviews for Seven Years
allure000 chapter 7 . 10/29/2013
This wasn't a very conventional writing style, but I sincerely loved it. It was brilliantly thought out and I know that Vegeta can be challenging to write, but you did so well! Kudos
Trunksmybaby chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
that was awesome!
Lady Rhapsody chapter 7 . 7/27/2012
LOVE.

I don't know what else to say. One of the best stories I've read here in a while. In short chapters, you've managed to capture more real emotion than most can do in many more. I have a feeling I'll be revisiting this one quite often.
DeathProofHero chapter 7 . 5/3/2011
An utterly brilliant fic. Well done, every word of it.

All that needs to be said really _ haha

Hope you continue to write DBZ stories in the future, because you have it pegged.

~DPH
LavenderSkies chapter 7 . 4/3/2011
Love this collection! Wish it could keep going, but it wraps up nicely. And yes, I think it links up well between Cell and Buu. The scene with Goten was cute, and I could see it happening that way, too. The boy's little hug and run stunt was adorable. Thanks for writing! I enjoyed the read. D
anon chapter 7 . 2/16/2011
This story is AMAZING. I loved every last word, it's so well written. You developed these characters brilliantly in these seven scenes, showing nuances and details that were absolutely creadible. Loved this story and can't wait to read your other stories.
tin797 chapter 7 . 2/14/2011
Darn! Really hope for more snippets of this version of Bulma and Vegeta you've created.
Mother Midnight chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
This was cute!
Sunglassesgirl chapter 7 . 1/18/2011
I think you have an amazing talent for writing, and i love how you make the characters personality really come through in your style. It felt very legit and easily imaginable as a DBZ episode, which I think is commendable :)

I am hooked and demand more . (N.B this is the 1st one I've read of yours so far, but still :P )

Please, please write more stories that rival the awesomeness of this one ! :D

(I wish I could give you more relevant comments on the all round greatness of this story, but am still in :D mode after finishing it)
secondbutton chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
i REALLY enjoyed this. it's an intensely realistic portrayal of vb's relationship and while i totally enjoy all the dark fluff genre that vb fanfiction entails, your take was a refreshing reality check. i live the conflicts you instilled within vegeta and bulma. great job!
pabtrunks4eva chapter 7 . 1/11/2011
this story is very original i loved it
catgirl26 chapter 7 . 12/30/2010
I'm not sure I can point out a really specific instance of why I liked this chapter so much, like I've been trying to with the previous ones. With this one, I think it's maybe a little more to do with the tone of it, beginning with Vegeta's anger and desperation to fight, to be what his blood and his instincts want him to be, flowing really smoothly through his conversation with Bulma into something kind of hopeful, kind of sweet. And seeing as we've been talking, among other things, of lemons and when to put 'em in, I just wanted to say that I think this ends really well without going graphic. I think a full blown lemon might have ruined it, actually. Well, 'ruin' is too strong a word, but I think if given the option, the one without is maybe a better ending. A lot of people characterize Vegeta's feelings for Bulma through his physical action toward her, namely their time in bed, but throughout this fic you've been concentrating so hard and so well on his psychological mess that throwing the physical in at the end might have seemed off.

I also liked Bulma's comment regarding using her as a substitute. She's an intuitive woman and it speaks volumes about her feelings toward him that she can just say "You wanna go blow something up, go do it" even though she's basically giving him permission to go all genocidal again. In real life, not so great, but very fitting in terms of the BV relationshiip dynamic.

Overall a fabulous, wonderfully written, amazingly intuitive collection of moments. There were gaps between time that I wish had been filled, moments I'd liked to have seen, but that's me and my natural nosy curiosity there. I didn't think the effectiveness of this fic was damaged in any way by the 'pictures in time' kind of nature of it. Amazing all the way around.
catgirl26 chapter 6 . 12/30/2010
Bahahaha, I know we've just been talking about Trunks and Goten and their inability to understand how their power fits into the real world, so Trunks's comparison of his mother vs Chichi when it comes to breaking walls was really funny and cute. It sort of shows how naive and sheltered Trunks is, due to his young age, that he doesn't understand how privileged and powerful he is compared to the rest of Earth's population. Trunks's pseudo comment in the narrative, of "how would Goten know what it was like, when dads act weird?" was also a good one. I wonder how Trunks would feel if he knew how normal dads are, and if he knew what happened with Goku, I wonder which he would prefer at this point.

Also, I'm guessing that Vegeta has gotten cagey about Trunks' age and is getting in his face about strength because this is the age at which Vegeta was taken into Frieza's care and his planet was destroyed. Vegeta wasn't able to do a damn thing about it, but he doesn't really know how to convey that to his coddled son, with his cushy life.

Ah ha ha, I wrote the above paragraph while I was halfway through the the chapter. Points for me! :D Haha. I really liked the end of this chapter, the way Vegeta is so uncomfortable with his son, not really sure what to do with him. The desire to show affection comes out in the absence of abuse. He lets Trunks lean against him instead of pushing away, almost ruffles his hair but holds back. Very cute.
catgirl26 chapter 5 . 12/29/2010
It's sort of sad and sort of heartening, but I think that's probably about the most romantic Vegeta's ever gotten, within the context of this version of their relationship. I like how Bulma just sort of goes with it. Despite her protestations and her insistence to him that he could just bugger off, it's obvious that she is kind of craving his affection. Again, sort of sad and also sort of sweet in a twisted, unhealthy way. His view of her as an opponent mirrors Yamcha's thoughts in the previous chapter that Bulma needs someone who'll fight with her. I have always felt that the challenge of being with each other is really the main thing keeping them together.

I feel bad for Yamcha, always stuck in the middle even though he's just trying to be nice. I was just waiting for Vegeta to walk in throughout that whole scene, and I've got to admit that I was pleased by his jealous reaction. Even if it didn't come from caring, there's no way Vegeta would just walk on by while some other guy appeared to be snaking what he considered to be his in some way. I also thought it was fitting that Yamcha bowed out the way he did. I really can't see him getting all up in Vegeta's face, unless maybe Vegeta was attacking Bulma.
catgirl26 chapter 4 . 12/29/2010
Lol, Vegeta's creating skylights wherever he goes. Already broke the door, had to add insult to injury, did he? Poor Krillin's reaction was hilarious; ever thought of writing some K/18? I know you've got tons on your metaphorical plate, but I think you'd do an awesome job of it.

I'm sure you're not surprised by this, but I really like your characterization of Yamcha, as the nice guy who just wasn't quite right and kind of gets left in the dirt. Bulma is a bit of a whirlwind; a demanding woman who's not willing to settle for anything less than what she wants, and Yamcha was just sort of unfortunate enough to get in her way. I also like his insight that Goku would have suffered the same fate. It makes it seem less like Vegeta's just the second-choice saiyan, and more meant to partner her. The fact that Yamcha's still pining makes me a little sad for him. I sometimes wish that he'd been paired off in the series, and I kind of wonder if he'd spent the rest of his life wishing things had gone differently between them.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »