Reviews for Influence
paradanna chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
oh gosh, wow. I was so wrong in my last review. This is so good. Really interesting idea for Brittany's behaviour. You captured the essence of Brittany's character like no one else, not to mention the way you write Santana... just, wow. I feel an all-nighter coming on...
paradanna chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This start is a bit disturbing. I can see that it is beautifully written, and I have avoided reading it for moths now for that exact reason. I am afraid that you will be able to shift my perception of their whole relationship, but I cant avoid it any longer. Whatever it is, if it is written anywhere near as well as this chapter, I'm sure that it will be amazing.
HeyLebanese chapter 26 . 1/21/2013
Loved this fic very much!
ClashAtDemonhead chapter 26 . 1/19/2013
Ahhh I really enjoyed this. It had me crying, squeeing, sighing, smiling and fanning myself. Just awesome. I've never read a brittana fic before because they've always been a 'meh' fic to me, but this twist on their story really brought them alive. I really related to some of the main themes and just adored how you created this reasonable situation for Brittany's dumb-blonde exterior. The drugs made everything fit. Like a jigsaw piece, which is apt. Aha.

I'm going to rec this to my friends and probably re-read in a couple of month's time. I considered reviewing after each chapter with my ongoing feelings for this fic, but maybe I'll do that then. Thank you for creating this great story that kept me entertained on my long bus rides home from college everyday. Have a great day, and keep on writing incredible stories!
onekimbo chapter 26 . 1/10/2013
I just discovered this story today and finished it in a matter of hours. This has made me hate glee! You have highlighted how much potential these characters, played by these actresses, had. This is an amazing story! So well written and the emotional rollercoaster has left me exhausted but incredibly moved. If I could afforded it, I would buy this story, make Heather and Naya offers they could not refuse (tell glee where to go) and turn this story into the most epic movie of all time! But seriously, brittana aside, this is a story that needs to be told. Thank you for writing it.
Guest chapter 25 . 1/9/2013
I totally cried reading that last part. I don't want this to end :(
Guest chapter 26 . 1/5/2013
Thanks for making me smile and cry so very much. You are a wonderful writer.
Holy Fuck chapter 26 . 1/5/2013
You have set the bar, dear author.

I seriously think it's impossible that I will ever read a fanfic as stunning as this one. I started it roughly around two in the morning, looking for a quick read to put me to sleep. It is now eleven in the morning. I have bags under my eyes, my heart is aching, my face is sore from having a constant war between smiles and frowns, and my head is pulsing from crying so much.

This is the first time I have ever read something that had me crying, laughing, seething, sobbing, turned on, horrified, and a mess of other emotions, in half-hour time spans. Now repeat that process several times over. I completely blame you for making me refuse to leave my room for today, so I can reread this fucking masterpiece and bask in the clusterfuck of an emotional roller coaster it has put me through.

Perhaps part of the reason this affected me on such an extreme level, is that I can relate to it. Nothing having to do with the drug addiction, although I actually learned a lot about it from your writing. But from being addicted to a person. When I was sixteen I fell in love with a really close friend of mine. We were both girls, she was a very beautiful lesbian, and I was a dorky girl who had never been attracted to a male or female. At some point she started having feelings for me, feelings I did not reciprocate nor understand, and I rejected her several times. However when I least expected it, I ended up feeling that single butterfly. The unmistakable fluttering feeling completely taking over one's stomach, and inevitably one's heart.

Long story short: We finally had mutual attraction, started dating, were on and off and on and off and on and off; until we fell in love. We lasted nearly two years. I wasn't her first love, nor her first lover. She however, was the very first person I ever had feelings for, and is absolutely my first true love. She also took my virginity, and like you had written, that first person isn't someone you easily let go. God, we were so in love. But I finally had the strength to realize the relationship we had was unhealthy and toxic. We were so attached and addicted to each other, that we were both making horribly stupid decisions. I finally did break up with her, and it was such a godawful experience. As I was telling her we had to break up, I could feel a brick hammering into our hearts, shattering us both to pieces. She cried in a way I had never seen before, with indescribable sobs shaking her entire body, her desperation ripping right into me. But what had to be done had to be done. We were dragging each other down, and we were bound for a crash landing filled with years of unforgiving regret and anger. We then cut out complete communication. I ended up meeting a new girl who loved me so much, and I tried my best to love her back, but I had never felt that butterfly and that was my first mistake. I broke up with her. So for right now, I'm forcing myself to not date anybody, not until I can finally be over my first love.

What made my heart hurt the most, in both broken heartedness and in happiness, was that Santana and Britt had their happy ending. Following your story from beginning to end made it clear they were soulmates. They deserve that happy ending. As for the broken heartedness, I am still not over my first love. Not until I can get out of this tiny town. Everywhere I go and everything I see is a trigger for memories. My room is the worst of all, so there goes that sanctuary. This story you wrote brought back up all those old memories, and it gave me the thought, "Maybe in a few years we'll end up together again, and it'll be perfect." But who knows. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Maybe she is my soulmate, maybe she isn't. Maybe I'll find someone absolutely amazing, and they'll be my soulmate. I'm only eighteen, so there's a lot of time ahead of me. Y'know?

I have no fucking clue why I just shared my life with you, but I really wanted to let you know how much your story meant to me and how bloody awesome I think it is. There's also something enticing about being able to honestly share one's story to a stranger. People should do it more often.

Again, you're awesome. You are sincerely a fan-fucking-tastic writer.
marblewomen chapter 26 . 1/4/2013
It took me a week to read . And I just love it! You are very special my friend and I going to bed with the feeling of happy ending.
m.n0713 chapter 26 . 1/4/2013
Hi, I think this is the best story I have ever read. I mean I'm obsessed with glee and especially with "Brittana", and I'm so disappointed in the show now, because of they breaking up and Brittany "marrying" Sam, but well that's not a big deal, I thinks it all part of the show and that in the end they will be together. I wish this story was longer, because I got caught by the different situations and the ups and downs of their relationship. and the sex parts are amazing. besides, through all the story you typed "mamí" instead of the right way "mami". I would like to congratulate you for writting such a masterpiece. As a "Brittana" lover I fell in love with the story and I realized how much I love my girlfriend. and it's a shame that I just found out about this since it been published more than a year ago. ps: I wish Naya Rivera was gay in reality.
XenaLin chapter 26 . 1/4/2013
What an amazing story. It was heavy to read, simply because Britt does what she does. It was hard to read about having her going through all these things she went through, sober and high.
It was hard to see her with Erica and not Santana.

However the ending made me happy again, and this epilogue was fantastic. For a moment you had me worried thinking she would end it, once and for all but I'm so happy she didn't.
Having her slip that ring on Santana's finger was perfect.

Thanks for a good and very well-written read.
tigers24 chapter 21 . 1/4/2013
I decided to leave a review here rather than at the end because this was by far and away my favorite chapter. But before I say my piece, I’m just going to throw it out there that that I’m generally really, really bad at giving reviews, so I normally just keep my mouth shut.

But GAH, everything about this fic was utter perfection. The build-up to the end of this chapter, the emotions, the way that EVERY single sentence managed to tell us something new about the character but still never being choppy…god, it was so fucking good. Never once did I feel like I was reading fan-fiction, but rather an excellent book that I just want to continue to read over and over again. I feel like someone should write a fan fiction about this fan fiction.

And this chapter in particular - one that managed to be so incredibly sexy yet heartbreaking - will be forever in my mind. The sex scene….good god the sex scene; it was so romantic and sad; I don’t even know how to explain it. But I guess the most impressive thing about all of it was how you managed to weave in so many different elements and flaws, drawing out this incredibly realistic environment. And you can relate with every character so well – Brittany’s feelings for Santana, Santana’s insatiable urge to be at the top, the feeling of being walked on, what it’s like to be half in half out, the raw emotion that comes with infatuation and love – you do it all without ever being over-sentimental, but somehow still capturing it with pure perfection. Ugh.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Gpbgirl7 chapter 26 . 1/4/2013
Wow. This was so awesome. I couldn't put it down. I read all the chapters in like three days. Several parts of the story spoke to me. It was well written, and except for some slightly distracting typos, it painted the picture of Brittany and Santana beautifully. Brava.
LA Bee123 chapter 26 . 1/3/2013
This story took me all around the world and back again. I died at some points and was reborn when Santana went back "to get her girl." Thank God she went back for Britt, my aching heart could not have handled another blow.

Their love is so very rich. Your writing is truly top notch. Thank you for sharing this with us.

If the later part of the story, when it veers from canon, is based on real life events...I wish you many more years of happiness together and unwavering sobriety. God Bless you.
Puff614 chapter 26 . 1/1/2013
Wow, that was quite the read. I think I went through the gamet of emotions with this. I am sad to see that you are not writing anymore. Thank you for sharing this with us though.
1,783 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »