Reviews for Influence
watevs chapter 12 . 11/30/2010
i luv u and this story. im sooo happy brit found common ground with kurt but we all know santana aint gonna be as supportive as burt. my poor brit should just start sleeping wit other girls at the school. they wouldnt tell if they werent out and she could get her fill. shallow i know but if you cant be with the one you love...love the one ur wit. however if santan found out her attitude had brit pill poppin she would do what she had to not lose her.
Sam chapter 12 . 11/30/2010
I just recently discovered your writing. I've never actually read fanfiction before. The ones I always stumbled across (for Xena, back in the day hah) weren't that great. Yours, however, is excellent!

Seriously, the way you explain Britt's behavior was brilliant. And it makes so much sense. I love the way you've given background to them. It really works.

I'd love to read more! Thanks so much for this!
Sadako Mcfly chapter 12 . 11/29/2010
Hmm.. so you're following the story line on the show? Well, that will be a sour lemon for Brittana, then. xD

Ahn, another thing... I don't know how you long Brittany will dance around the subject, but she'll come back worst than a human in a vampire feast.

Santana too.
nyquildayquil chapter 12 . 11/28/2010
I just read every chapter and I have to say this is probably the best I've ever read. It seems like it would be impossible to write from Brittany's perspective but you do an amazing job.
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW chapter 12 . 11/28/2010
Yeah. All I really want to say is: THIS BE FRIGGIN' AMAZING DUDE K THX BAI

But since you've been all sorts of awesome and put a lot of effort into writing this story I felt I should perhaps be a tad bit more articulate in my review. Even if me, myself and I happen to be terrible at forming anything resembling an understandable sentence. Whatevs.

I can't say I have much experience with this whole Americans-love-solving-problems-with-drugs situation, but it certainly had me hooked from the start. It made me rather... Horrified? Something like that. Is it really that easy getting that kind of medicine prescribed to your kids? I'm not American myself so I guess I can't really relate to this but anywhoos...

If I compare it to when I was getting evaluated for depression and they thought about giving me some sort of mild anti-depresant it seemed to be a pretty big deal... If we had actually reached the decision that it was absolutely necessary it would've taken at least 2-3 weeks before I could start trying it out. I would've needed to see at least one other doctor and talk to yet another psychiatrist to see if everyone thought the same, then be tested for a shitload of blood stuff and what not, and THEN maybe try the pills for a few days. And I'm 15. And that was just some mild pills. With young kids... You have no idea what side effects those kind of hard drugs could give. It should be taken very, very seriously.

And schools requiring "overstimulated" kids to be medicated? OF COURSE THE TEACHERS WOULD RATHER HAVE THE KIDS DIMMED DOWN. It's so much easier dealing with calm children than ones running around with way too much energy all the time. But kids are SUPPOSED to be like that. They're little bundles of joy who just wants to have fun all the time. I think there's a lot of people who doesn't understand how hard work being a teacher really is. You have to be a friend, a parent, and someone the children can look up to all in one. That's hard. If you're not up for the job, don't blame it on the kids being overstimulated.

Now, people who actually suffer from ADHD or ADD is a whole different story. I have friends who do, and I know how much of a help the medicine is for them. But people needing medication is not something you decide over a day or two. It takes time. You have to talk and discuss this with so many different people. In some cases it might be easy to find the real reason behind the "problem", sometimes it's excruciatingly hard. Children are not simple, contrary to popular belief. So in order to diagnose them, you have to take time and actually TALK to them. LISTEN to them. People are not math problems. It's not about finding the quickest solution.

I HEREBY APOLOGIZE FOR MY PAINFUL RAMBLING. Sorry. I guess I needed to get it of my chest or something as cliché as that. And don't worry, I don't understand a third of what I wrote either.

FINALLY, ON TO THE BLOODY STORY.

I love that you've written this from Brittany's point of view. Really. It's so refreshing. Most Brittana fics that delve more deeply into the characters tend to focus on Santana. And I guess that's quite understandable, because a certain seriousness has to be applied in order to make it believable, and I think we can all agree that Brittany's character as it's portrayed on the show sort of lack that... Specific quality. Unless you give her a reason for acting that way other than it just being her personality. WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! YAAAY! YOU GO, SAPPHO'S GHOST COCO. (I did not just reference Mean Girls. Guuh. Tumblr, what are you doing to me.)

Now I might read way to much and shiz, but I'm not really good at analyzing stuff. So. I can tell you it's bloody brilliant, but other than that... Not much I can do. And now I feel awful. I shall now go bawl my eyes out to The Lion King.

No but seriously. This is just... I worship you and your eerily fantastical ability to create pure epicness. Thank you for that. Even if it's heartbreaking to read. When I started to write this I was quite angry at your little A/N about not giving us more of this until after the holidays. But now... I think I can live with the wait. As long as what comes after is as good what you've already handed us. It truly is a privilege to read. So yeah. I'll leave you alone now. And I hope I haven't freaked you out with this way too long review that wasn't much of a review at all, if you think about it.

(Maybe I should have just stuck with the first line after all. Ugh. Knew I'd regret this.)
tk chapter 12 . 11/27/2010
I just read all 12 chapters in one sitting and I am forever thankful that I did. This is a bloody brilliant story. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write as well as share your creation with the rest of us. You have come up with an original spin on Brittany as well as Santana. I am quite transfixed by it all. I hope you post soon. I need to know where this is going. I do so hope that Brittany comes clean to Santana about her self-medication. Wonderful story, truly.
Anon chapter 12 . 11/25/2010
This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for 'Influence' and the author's ability to write AU without making Brittana completely OOC.

I flail whenever you update. Just sayin'. :)
miknge chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
Ahhh I love this. Poor Britt. Stupid San. Please get your girl back!
gotanygrapes chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Sad authors don't update? Nooo, good thing you're a great author worthy of all these reviews :D

I really love the slow, but sure progress that this chapter hints at Brittany taking. Confessing it out loud hopefully will be a step towards breaking free of her drowning cycle, and the way you wrote Kurt was so accurate and perfect for the plot.

As always, great work. I'm looking forward to more :)
Wait but how chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
i love it
offline12 chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
Your pacing is great and I really like how the characters aren't given an easy way out. Kurt's voice and condescension were my favorite parts of this chapter... because sometimes he can be a thoughtless bitch. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
Vail7 chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
Ooooh! I can't say enough how much this chapter rocked! Kurt friendship/confession/etc to Britt, genius! You find ways to stay so faithful to what we see on TV but then it on us but in the most awesome way possible! I love how it integrates but goes so much further, every thing seems possible. So good. SO good! I hope he can help her out with the drug problem :) Yay! Don't be a sad author! Reviews! Hope to see you back with 13 soon!
thatiss0dawn chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
ahh! ended wayy to abruptly! need more, please. ;]
Thien chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
I love what I've read so far. I'd greatly appreciate if you kept on writing. I've tried reading other fics and they do not stand up to your story at all. I read all 12 chapters in one sitting and I'm jonesing for more. Immersing myself into this story of Brittany and Santana is better than studying for college exams.

Thank you for writing this fic.
Vail7 chapter 11 . 11/23/2010
Hello! Never got to review this chapter, so I'm gonna do it now before I read/review 12! Thank you for a hopeful ending! And yay Santana for breaking up for Puck b/c of the his shittalking (even though it was true...) It's nice to see those little nuggets of Santana. And I loved how sweet she was, back massage and sleeping and protecting Brittany at night. And GOOD that she told Santana about Karovsky. Just good good chapter, tiny sigh of relief that they might be progressing and Brittany might be feeling like taking steps forward in telling San the whole truth. Anyways! On to read 12! Can't wait!
1,789 | « Prev Page 1 .. 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 119 .. Last Next »