Reviews for Influence
Liz O chapter 26 . 6/9/2013
Oh My Goodness. I could write a whole book about how this story has changed my view on relationships, on love, on lies, on decait, on trust... and addicts.
Thank you so much for spending so much time giving to the world this wonderful story. You have a talent for the narrative, and not once did I expect the turn of events that you had panned out. Although this is close to a whole two years after you put a final touch to you editing, your story still rings true, despite what Glee turned out to be in the end. Yet Brittany and Santana wil always share this story, regardless of what transpires on screen. We know it, and that's all that matters ;)
I think moving away from the canon was the best thing to do, however sticking to the story long enough kept us happy Glee watchers satisfied. But as you said yourself, to give a satisfying end to this story in particular, you had to break away from what was being shown as part of a teenage revival musical series.
I could go on and on, but I have been scolded more than once by my friends for being rambly. So I'm just going to cut the slack and just say what I want to say. Thank you - so much. It HAS been an amazing run and I hope that future generations will latch on to this story as I have thanks to the wonders of internet and fanfic searching. I hope you pursue in the area of story writing and that I will be intelligent enough to spot the day that you have something published under any shape or form. I don't know if you are still at NYU or not, but a great writer emerged from there (not only, your upbringing also being a big influence). Finally, I don't know if you will read this, and I don't know if I will ever get to know if you ever did, but it makes me happy to have written this to you. From one lecture to another, it was a blast. Until the next one I read from you, keep it strong. Mille mercis.
mione 956 chapter 26 . 5/27/2013
Although I'm not a fan of Glee I got to admit that this is the longest (and most emotionally wrecking) fic that I ever had the patience to finish reading! It got me hooked right from the start and I couldn't put it down before I finished it, I almost never get this attached to most long fics even if they're of a fandom I'm actually into. And it is such a relieving change from fics full of clich├ęs and extended unnecessary plots. And dear God did I cry a river because of a couple I only knew the basics of! Thank you very much for writing this wonderful fic!
CakeAndCheese chapter 26 . 5/27/2013
I don't really know what to say. I don't even think yu are gonna read this because it's been a long time since you published it but I have to say you thanks. Thanks for writting this amazing story and for treating the plot so well. I had issues with addiction (not drugs tho) before and the way you tell about it is amazing. You made me cry so many times I wouldn't be able to count them but you also made me feel so good and that's what I appreciate :)
Tiffani Foster chapter 6 . 5/26/2013
Love it so far!
jenna.773 chapter 17 . 5/23/2013
"If voices aged, they grew deeper, scratching in the throat, scarred with a lifetime of lies that scrape up your esophagus from your gut like broken glass." I found this to be a particularly deeply poetic line.
-In this chapter, I'm fully struck by how well Santana compartmentalizes. Her attachment to the Catholic church is so at odds with much of her day-to-day existence and her choices. As I read about her and church, I immediately remembered how she agreed when Brittany called Quinn a hypocrite. I don't have a negative feeling about Santana for it b/c I honestly think everybody is hypocritical to some extent. We all struggle with living, thinking, feeling, and behaving in accordance with the values we proclaim- some of us struggle more than others. This chapter is just bloody brilliant. I realize the author has retired from writing fanfic, but I hope she does other writing b/c the writing is sublime.
jenna.773 chapter 15 . 5/23/2013
"West Lima crack district, probably. Or worse. Cincinnati." As someone born, raised, and living in Ohio, I laughed at this line :D Now I'll say Lima is sooooo much worse than Cincy imo. Ugh. One of the crappier little cities in the state.
jenna.773 chapter 12 . 5/21/2013
"Ultimately, it was better to be an idiot savant than an addict." Curious how the author foretold the future by a couple of years :) The abysmal season 4 finale does, indeed, suggest Brit is an idiot savant.
AlabamaMiles chapter 26 . 5/15/2013
Awesome reading.. Really angsty shit, but well written
LoveSongNR chapter 26 . 5/14/2013
I don't have words to describe what I'm feeling right now. I really enjoy reading it.
You really have a gift, you're one of the best writer ever, no just in fanfiction. This story is amazing, so real and original at the same time. I'm so in love with it! The message this give us, it's awesome, thank you for that!
I'm going to read your others stories of course LOL.
(Sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina so spanish is my first language haha)
Mar chapter 26 . 5/3/2013
I've cried literally reading this fic. I read this fic a long time ago, but it never gets old. Thank you for such an amazing story. It was a fantastic journey. I will never forget it.
Snix chapter 26 . 4/28/2013
I just reread this entire story again. I read it before about two years ago when I was 16. I think I have a better understanding of the meaning of this story now. It's so amazing. Thank you for bringing this out there. Truly one of the most amazing Brittana fanfictions I will ever read.
Quinntana2 chapter 17 . 4/27/2013
Dang it, more heartbreak in the form of Santana's home life. I frickin' love Brittany's mom.
Quinntana2 chapter 14 . 4/27/2013
This story is my obsession right now. I really like that you are very detailed and focus on the problems at hand. I like how well you write Brittany's character.
Quinntana2 chapter 11 . 4/27/2013
You seriously have some amazing talent, I can tell I will be crying this entire story from heart ache.
Quinntana2 chapter 10 . 4/27/2013
I will not stop reading this wonderful story until I'm done and I know I will enjoy every second of it. Brittany is just hurting me while hurting herself. It makes me want to cry.
1,782 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »