Reviews for Say My Name
Robin G. Fellow chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I really like this. It's like you took my favorite things and combined them all together: a well written fairytale, a JS pairing, and happy endings. The interaction was natural and flowed nicely while Sarah's choice of profession was not only perfect from the plot, but also different from what you usually see.
FarGreenCountrySwiftSunrise chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
I like it. Thank you for writing this.
Kyndsie chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Wow. ZOMG. Bravo!

Not the twist I even remotely expected, which makes it all the better.
etcetera nine chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
This is great! I love the connections you made between the movie and the fairy tale, and how easily they worked together.

I've read versions of Rumplestiltskin where, having lost, he gets so angry that he tears himself into two parts. Glad this story had a happy ending instead :)
laura chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
there is no way i would forgive Darian...

but i really like the fic. Well done )
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I thought this was quite lovely. The interactions where entertaining, and successfully set up the ending in a charming manner, which plenty of hints to the reality of the situation through out.
Dustfinger's cheering section chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Not very kind of Darien to trick her. But then again, the fae are tricksters.
Viking Eggplant chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
That was delightful!
Jalen Strix chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
A lovely weaving of Labyrinth into the Rumpelstiltskin framework! I'm particularly fond of the Labyrinth movie references slipped in (like the "You bit me!" comment from Sarah about Jareth, rather than Labyrinth fairies).
Nagasasu chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I really enjoyed this! As another reviewer mentioned, nice and unique choice of professions for Sarah too! I catch on that the fairy tale was Rumpelstiltskin, but I definitely caught the fairy tale flavor (being three tasks, three payments). Although I was wondering why Sarah would so blithely give away her ring right after Jareth says there's significance to that. XD Especially glad there's a happy ending. Lovely work. :)
notwritten chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
You have written an interesting story. Keep smiling. :-)
pinkflora chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Very nice one shot. I could definitely see how Sarah could not know Jareth's name. I'm guessing she got married to Jareth in the end.
Virgin Queen 15 chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
I loved it! it was just amazing to read and i love the idea of intertwining fairytales, the one you chose isn't usually romantic but you did it wonderfully
Dreamer In Silico chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
I was confused when Jareth assumed that the baby was his father's, rather than his own. That kind of snagged, because it didn't seem like the obvious conclusion was that Sarah had married Darian.

That said, I really enjoyed this. I could see the fairytale you were following by about halfway through, and you really made it your own. It's a condensed, lyrical little gem of a story, just like a fairytale should be. D

(I also found your choice of profession for Sarah to be interesting and unique; it's not one I've seen before in a fic, since most - including my own - tend to choose one of the vocations that seem directly implied by the movie.)
Rayac chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This is great! I was a bit nervous about the ending there, with Darian and all, but it turned out lovely. Thanks so much for sharing!