Reviews for A Statue Carved of Melting Ice
braceface freak chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
WOW! Just...WOW!

That was absolutely stunning and a perfect reflection on Narcissa, the best I've ever read.

The part about Bellatrix was jst wonerful: I could imagine the scene so clearly even though you simply mentioned it, and that last line with the metaphor of the ice was simply stunning.

You are very talented.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
sigh Listening to Bella was a mistake.
ACCT REMOVED chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Though not a fan of first person I agree that this is the only way to write this. First person allowed for Narcissa's emotion to really show and I think it was the right choice.

Besides that I liked the fic. I liked the angst of it and of course the title.

"That's the thing about being carved from ice, eventually you're going to melt." Wonderful line and perfect ending to the fic!

I really liked it

Smile Life Away D
CossetteLune chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Amazing metaphor with the ice. So sad. I love stories like this, but I hate it when I read them when I'm in a good mood, because then I just get depressed. But that just shows how great your writing is!
LetheSara chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
This was amazing. It was truly touching. The insight given into Narcissa's mind had such a deep impact, as does the way she knows he loves her.

The ending, that single line, was one of the most memorable and bittersweet I've ever read. It will haunt me for a long time to come.

Words cannot describe how much I love this.
w a t e r m e l o n e y e s chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
I loved this story. I can really feel the emotions of Narcissa through your writing.

The begining quote works perfectly.

I liked the line "Bella's words whisper through my mind, He doesn't care about you Cissy, you mean nothing to him. But she's been wrong about many things before, and this is no exception." Because I can totally see Bellatrix telling Narcissa that and Narcissa reacting that way.

Though my favorite line was "That's the thing about being carved from ice, eventually you're going to melt." It's so bittersweet.

Keep writing!
KeepSmilingItMakesPeopleWonder chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I loved it! Perfectly captured Narcissa Malfoy. Well done!
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Wow. That was beautifully written and so terribly tragic. I really liked this, every line was perfectly evocative and just marvellously written.

I didn't find it awkward at all - nope, not in the slightest. I even read it again to make sure, but nope, not awkward at all.

Amazingly well done, I adored it. )
basilisssk chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
I loved it.
hot chocolate mess chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
That is very good. I like it, so sad as well. :)
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Wow. This was spectacular. :)

YAY! :)

I'm so sorry I haven't been reviewing more often for your 20 story reviews! I promise I'll start working on doing them all! :)

MEEPMEEPMEEP. I love this.
handschuhmaus chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Inasmuch as I can see it switching perspectives, I understand what you mean about a different perspective being awkward, although I can usually write first person and third person. I think I would feel baffled if pressed to write second person, and I do know that switching betwixt first and third-which I did in a story composed of drabbles-is disorienting. All of a sudden he's not narrating his own thoughts, or all of a sudden, he is!

I don't think this sounds awkward, although after you mention it, I'm now looking at the story and thinking "does that sound awkward? Nah-does it!..."

Regardless, I think you've captured a bit of the Malfoy-Black relationship here quite effectively.
MadameCissy chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
It doesnt sound akward at all. Not to me. It is as if I am being granted insight in Narcissa's state of mind. It is such a clear picture of her cold and frozen appearance whilst something else is going on deep underneath. You have captured it so well with these words.

I think the final sentence doesn't just show what happened to Narcissa in this story but throughout the events of the series itself. You have done a wonderful job. *favourites*