Reviews for The Dull Facade
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
holy fuckingfuckingfucking cow. omg, this is fucking perfect. Jack feels like shitshit. this is too damn good. shit, this— JackMerridewJackMerridew. good fucking job. can i fucking favourite?
Blackbird71 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This is wonderful. I always wondered what happened to the boys when they left the island. Now I know. They can never leave the island behind. The beast is out of he woods and in their minds...
Araedia chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
This was hauntingly beautiful. I especially liked the part where Jack thinks that Ralph was the beast and then in the end, he realizes that it might have been him all along. Your language captured the essence of the book perfectly.
Awesome chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
This is too wonderful for words. HOLY-. ..i wish I wrote this.
Hello chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I CANT STOP READING THIS OVER AND OVER
ncfan chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
My. God. I've had to read this for class (right now, actually, though I finished earlier today), and I have to say, I loved "Lord of the Flies", and you capture its spirit perfectly. This is Jack to the core, with all the moral ambiguity and insanity woven right in. Well done.
Wolfstorm7 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Amazing and haunting. The metaphors included are really impressive...
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
My goodness.

That was truly a work of poetic genius (and I don't just mean the quotes!)

No, that was beautifully written, haunting and powerful. Really, I adored it. Your writing style reminds me a great deal of Eliot, actually, and I think the quotes you chose were perfect for the cause.

Really, the symbolism and mood and all those other literary words were perfect, and the ending, the way it came full-circle, was just brilliant.

In short, I adored it, and I do hope to have the pleasure of reading more of your work sometime. )
SideshowJazz1 chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Wow. Just wow. This is kind of haunting. Although...in some ways, I don't understand it. It might work better as a multishot. Just a suggestion.