Reviews for Maybe We're Not Only Human
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Okay, I don't get the whole obsession with the incest between the boys, because the relationship they do share is much deeper than this and usually I don't read those stories, but I guess there was no warning for incest ... this said, I actually don't mind it in this story, because the first part makes me believe that the boys need this love to survive their fathers treatment, especially Dean, who has probably never been touched in a gentle way and has been abused by their father so often, that he was craving for gentle touch... so this is the one case I actually like it:)
Jules chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Honest and painful. The evolution of your style is entrancing. x
Nana'sTeaParty chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This is really wonderful. I like your teenage Sam a lot, very in character, especially the way he makes Dean talk about things and gets his way in the end. Dean really would do anything for him. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Very good story, well done.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 12/8/2010

Look, I devour fanfic, okay? I read it like nobody's business and like there's no tomorrow. AND I'VE NEVER BEEN GRIPPED LIKE THIS! SERIOUSLY! you just made me so tense and so stunned and so - pulled in... WOW.

"In that instant, he sees Dean's resolve crack, splinter apart. The walls behind Dean's eyes shatter and he stifles a ragged breath into Sam's neck before nodding mutely. He'd do anything for me, Sam thinks, and hugs him closer. "You fuck-up," he says into Dean's hair. "You beautiful— don't tell me you don't want this, Dean, don't lie to me."

"Of course I want this," Dean says. He's shaking violently. "Of course I fucking want this. What's not to— have you seen yourself, Sam? Jesus." He rips out of Sam's grip with a sigh, raking his hand through his hair and stumbling on his bad leg. He flinches when Sam reaches out to catch him, but doesn't pull away. "I can't," he says, over and over again, like a mantra. "I can't, Sammy, because you're a kid and you don't—you'll grow up and you'll realise just how fucked up this is. And you're going to leave, Sammy, and I won't—"

That's so - so - "crack, splinter", "raking... stumbling..." And the intensity of the emotion, the way Dean reacts violently, lets it out in a rush - the "WHoa!" when Sam talks about jerking off, the recollection of the way Dean says "her tits" - it, every word rings so true and so painful, you had me on the edge of my seat when Dean disappeared, and the pretending to be asleep and the recognizing the breathing is so plausible and recognizable, oh man, this is a masterpiece, truly. Unbelievable. not hurting anyone. Indeed. This is - it's just... there are no words, I swear.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Wow this was amazing! Beautifully angst ridden with a happy ending, for now, to boot. Kudos!