Reviews for Synesthesia
Chandramukhi chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Just one thing I have to say before going on with this review: you're mixing the past and present tenses very often and randomly and sometimes it makes it difficult to read and to follow the story.

Otherwise...

It's good. I like the idea of reversing Terra's sentences (especially that when you get what is saying, it's actually really sad... and poetic somehow) and how Aqua still understands. The whole story is sad and you depicted it really well, same thing for Aqua's despair and sadness.

Just correct this problem with the tenses and it will make it even better, especially because you have a beautiful way to depict the scenes so it would be a pity if it gets "ruined" by some tenses mistakes. :)
darksora.45 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
0_0 that is one messed up dream, but very realistic! so jealous! this makes me hope that they get their twilight :)
Fighter le Faye chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
Damn, this is good stuff. Seriously, I was actually scared Terra was going to hurt her or SOMETHING. He just had me on edge while reading on and on, until the very end of the dream / And it really feels like a dream, disorienting and flowy and then it suddenly shifts. And it makes me sad because this drabble makes Tequa seem like such a hopeless, doomed love. (Which it is, at least to me while looking at the game). But I do love it a lot.

-le faye
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Nothing short of amazing. It's literary torture.

There's a bitterness here, and there is love. If only she could let him go, she might be free of at least a little pain, but letting go of him means letting go of something precious in a world where she has so little left. Of course, you would know what. You wrote it.

There's so little I can say to do this story justice. The dream-like quality is striking without being overdone. The little devices, like Terra's backward sentences, are a wonder to analyze-it seems impossible to understand at first glance, but Aqua knows him so well that she make sense of even his twisted answers (which is really her own ranting, assuming it's all just a dream and not some sort of vision). She's trapped, both in her torturous dreams and in a world she can't leave, and you communicate that very well. The ending is particularly painful. The dialogue implies a meeting between the two in their long-awaited twilight, but we never see that moment.

Is she dreaming in vain? I don't know. Maybe I was never meant to know. Perhaps the only point is to make the audience think.

Whatever it is, you should be proud of it.
Brady12Welker83 chapter 1 . 10/20/2010