Reviews for Do You Think You Could Fly
American Horror Fan chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Omg, I can't believe that you don't have many reviews for this story. This is AMAZING! You have a lot of talent. Keep writing.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I did get into this story pretty fast and I must say it is good.

I think throughout the movie, and this story, I found I can relate to Mark - not to the traumas that he went through, but some things. So, I guess it was easy for me to understand the therapy sessions and how everyone didn't believe Mark when they should have, before the evidence was found.

Sorry for the tension up there. I guess this story got to me fairly well. It was nicely written.

-Aria Breuer
Comdey Monarchy chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Sometimes I wonder what if Henry somehow and by very sheer bad luck on Mark's part...survive and seek revenge?
Henry's coldness and inabilty to feel emtions led to his downfall.
Eventfuly after threats and showing a cold murderous nature, Henry's mother after discovering his true nature and knowing he was responible for the death of his younger brother Richard, choses to save Mark over Henry letting him fall to his death on the rocks below.
What beats about the bush for me is that Henry knew Mark was against him, but didn't actualy try to kill him until the very end, most likely is that Henry underestimated Mark seeing that no one believed him about Henry's true nature.
I haven't seen the full movie, only clips and the ending scene, but it has already made a picture of the film's nature.
The tagline was right, evil has many faces, some are clear and obvious, others like Henry hide behind a mask of innocence and a very few people can lift that mask.
OddAuthor chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
I did enjoy this story. Both Mac Culkin and Elijah Wood did a good job with both of their characters in the movies, but I have always wondered how Mark (Wood's character) coped with the aftermath of these events. This story does a very good job of showing what may have happened with Mark. I've also learned a little more about mental illness. I'm sure many of the people who've seen this movie wonder why Henry, who seems to come from a stable home with parents who love him, turned out the way he did. You give a fairly plausible explanation. And poor Mark; he's scared to death of well turning out like his cousin. He is NOTHING like his cousin, but like the psychiatrist said it's understandable why he might be afraid he'll turn out just like Henry. Poor little guy; he needs a hug! Anyway, great job!
Simon Persica chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Good story but I can't imagine Wallace and Susan not looking at Mark and not talking to Jack.
Whiteling chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
It IS frustrating when you try to tell people the truth about something serious but no one believes you even when there isn't manipulation involved.

Call me hard hearted but I'd have disowned my child ifhe/she hurt a person or animal.
Lexikal chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
This comment is for "Me" and "Henry". First, I am sorry you felt like you were reading the DSM. The point of the story is that Mark is dealing with the after-effects of his ordeal and is worried about becoming like Henry, so the adults in his life are trying to classify Henry and provide a clear line for Mark to use to prove he is not like his cousin. As for "Henry", you posted why would Henry have RAD? And then you told me to "think about it". Yeah, I did think about it. You probably mistakenly believe that RAD only effects severely neglected children (such as orphans over-seas who don't bond). RAD can develop in any child where the mother (primary caregiver) and child bond is disrupted. For instance if Henry was sickly as a baby and spent a lot of time in the hospital (combined with a genetic predisposition) he might have been at risk, or if his mother had suffered from severe post partum depression and had unintentionally been distant. Conduct disorder is a label that describes symptoms but RAD also looks into attachment and how and why that can go wrong. Especially in a movie like "The Good Son", where the main character comes from a seemingly functional and loving family, there are still environmental factors which may have helped shape him, as well as events that may have taken place while he was developing as a fetus. So RAD is a plausible explanation (if you ever watch the movie "Child of Rage", there is a young boy briefly mentioned in the movie who is 11, who lights fires for seemingly "no" reason but whose attachment as an infant was interrupted because of prolonged hospitalizations and multiple early caregivers). Before you review, please read the Author's Note and Additional Notes/Warnings. Also, because some psychiatric conditions do seem to have a genetic link and Mark and Henry are related by blood, it seemed logical that a sensitive kid like Mark would worry about becoming like his evil cousin.

-From the author
Henry chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Why, oh why, would henry have RAD, conduct disorder, yes, but RAD? no. Your too focused on the inside of the box, poke your head out, after that its pretty easy to fiqure out whats wrong with henry, Think about it kay
Me chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
While reading your story, I felt as if I was reading diagnoses of the DSM. I'm sorry, but I didn't like.
MP Cole chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
This was really good, I'm also a fan of "The Good Son" and O was really drawn into this story. Great job!
Siofra22 chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I thought this story was fascinating. I'll admit I'm not very well acquainted with attachment disorders (I prefer mood/perception disorders) but you piqued my interest. You certainly made Mark's reactions seem realistic. Good job!