Reviews for Back To District 12
Sam chapter 1 . 3/13
Woah! The ending line is so beautiful! Thanks.
xoxo
Fearsparks chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I've never really read a hunger games fanfic before, not wanting to. But I stumbled across this when looking at your jily-stories. And it sounded good, so I decided to give it a go. Personally, in the books I only shipped Gale (because that has happened to me) - both as friends and "lovers". In the films I am both. But I have always thought that they should make some peace - gale and katniss - after the mockingjay ending. And this was kind of like the ending I wanted too. I like your idea very much! And I'm glad to see that they could find their way back together and to read that you've been able to get your friend back. That gives me hope for me and my friend that I have been having a disagreement and not seen for a year now. Thank you, for everything :)
Bea chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
You wrote this so well, I can totally imagine this happening after this story. I think this is what I want to happen after as well, seeing Gale and Katniss together hopefully as friends. I loved how you kept to the original characters from the book. That's why this oneshot could lead on from the original story. So thank you for sharing this! It actually gives me some closure for Gale in the original series, in that this could be a possible ending for him.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I agree with your A/N. It happened to me, too. I think Gale would eventually get over Katniss romantically, but they were first and foremost best friends, so he'd never stop caring about her. And Katniss wouldn't stop caring fir him either. So, I really love this one-shot. You're so talented.
Frances Odair chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I always felt a little sorry for Gale - Katniss chose Peeta and he went off on his own... you know. It's nice to think that he has his own happy ending. And this fic was perfection, moving, realistic, not overdone or underdone, accurate grammer (Quite a rare thing on fanfiction!) and totally loyal to Suzanne Collins's version. I could rave about it for days, really. It'd be nice if you could continue this, but it was born to be a one-shot and is great as one.
barelypassing4sane chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Thank you for writing this! I've read so many other stories and none of them were what I wanted them to be, but this was perfect.
MlleEmmaMlle chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
I could totally see this scenario being true, so I think it was a great story!
hg3er chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This was really good. I also think that they should have became friends again.
tycaptaindinosaur chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Oh God, I'm practically crying! This story is so perfect. And so right. AND i totally agree with you, they were too close to never see each other again...

THank you for writing this! I am now recomending it to all my friends as a small continuation of mockingjay...
vacivity chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed when Collins didn't write anything on Gale and Katniss's friendship in the last part of Mockingjay.

Thank you for writing this. :)
a Happy Psychosis chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Aaaaaw, that was really sweet, even if I think Gale's kinda a douche. Liked it a lot!
story645 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Yay! Just finished Mockingjay and totally agree with you that SC didn't rule out any possiblity of them being friends ever again.

As for your fic? Solid characterization, and I love the tone of the fic; you do such an awesome job of keeping it an understated mix of regretful resignation and nostalgia that I can practically feel their exhuastion through the page. I thought that Kaniss speech ("There was a time when anger...) was kind of a misstep b/c she's not the most articulate about her feelings, but otherwise I really liked this fic.
Toxophilite chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
I loved this!
Leia 96 chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Wow. I just wanted to tell you that this was amazing, I absolutely loved it!
shinjiru15 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This was really good! I was also really sad that they couldn't have become friends again, after all they'd been through.. I'm kind of wishing that this really happened! Keep it up!