Reviews for With a Smile
Hikaru Morinaga chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Maman

This fic

It's beautiful.

Especially the ending: "His smile wavers for just a moment as he raises his hands into the air, but as he turns around to greet his pursuers, he fastens it firmly back into place. He feels strangely peaceful as he observes the shocked and angry expressions as they realize he is not who they thought he was.

Surprise, he thinks, and feels his smile grow wider."

Please tell me this won't be the last Akaneiaverse fic! Especially introspective pieces like this...

Beautiful. Just...beautiful.
Pen and Paper71 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I love the way that you portrayed Frey here and I really enjoyed the way that you presented his inner thoughts and view on the situation. It flowed so nicely and it strikes me as a really realistic take on what his thoughts might have been at a time like this. And the ending caps it off perfectly.

Really incredible work.
Xirysa chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Absolutely brilliant. Well done, indeed.

I really don't have much to say. But the ending. The ending!

This in particular:

[His smile wavers for just a moment as he raises his hands into the air, but as he turns around to greet his pursuers, he fastens it firmly back into place. He feels strangely peaceful as he observes the shocked and angry expressions as they realize he is not who they thought he was.

Surprise, he thinks, and feels his smile grow wider.]

The entire thing was great, very well done-so emotional, but still so... yes. Bittersweet.

Keep up the amazing work!

[Xirysa]
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This was a lovely and insightful take on Frey's big moment. I really was excited to see this and it didn't let me down. The mix of emotions and the nuanced communications- so much done without words- was well done.

"and he turns his grey eyes to regard his elder somberly."- Gotta quibble with that, though... he probably shouldn't be thinking about the color of his own eyes.

Other than that slip-up? Ace.