Reviews for To Shape and Change
Marvelous story Blueowl.
marmota-b chapter 14 . 7/21
Hello, I know this story is long finished and done, but there's a thing I feel I need to bring up. It did not jump at me the first time around - I think I did not know yet the first time around. The short of it: I think Lithuania was actually a bad choice for a country being particularly harsh on its werewolves. My sister was doing research into Baltic mythology for several years - academic-level research - and she learned that in Lithuanian and Latvian stories, werewolves were actually seen in a better light than in most if not all other countries. There are still stories of bad werewolves, but there are also many sympathetic ones, and even - this is the interesting part - stories of poor people intentionally turning themselveves into wolves just to supply their diet with more meat. (Baltic werewolves are not, I understand, tied to the moon phases.) There's the fact that for centuries and centuries, those countries - especially Latvia, admittedly - were ruled over by other countries that had little to do with the actual culture of that area; and during the time when folklore like this was being recorded, most people speaking those languages were poor farmers... so I think there is a lot more - identifying? - going on with werewolf stories there than there usually is. Considering all that, I think Lithuania is actually a much better candidate for a country that's sympathetic to its werewolves... :-)
Anjalyn chapter 2 . 7/20
I've read this story before and am now reading it again as it gives me hope, that people can change their path and be better, do more if they choose to. Thank you for that.
StormFirestar chapter 25 . 7/20
About the banishing of the bone fragments, your suggestion that they couldn't do that because they couldn't see them is sort of proven wrong due to the fact that Lockhart banished Harry's arm bones and he couldn't actually see the bones so it is possible they could have, it would just be dangerous to try without some way of seeing the fragments but it would be possible to do. I agree however that not everything could be fixed with magic.
hakon2feb chapter 23 . 7/20
Hi.
Firstly, i want to say that i find this story amazing, both plot-wise and how it's written.
However, during this chapter (23), i spotted something i wish to comment on:
Firstly, Mal Turner being/having been in the army, apparently owns a gun that only contains 9 bullets (I counted how many he fired). I find this strange, as most British handguns (previously or currently in army use) being close to that capacity are either 8 or 10 rounds a clip. 13 or 15 rounds would be the most common, as they were generally used in all army branches during that time period.
Secondly, the breakout of Azkaban happened only minutes before the same people are then presented new wands and asked to kill and maim muggles. Sirius Black, while escaping about a year into this timeline future in canon appeared quite insane and frankly seemed almost incapable of magic by the end of Harry's third year. And he himself admitted that the dementors affected him less than the other inmates. Yet Voldemort's supporters seem almost as capable as if they hadn't been malnourished, psychologically tortured and confined without the use of magic for 11 years. Even in canon it took over half a year before those same prisoners actively attacked after being freed (And even then, 6 schoolchildren managed to evade them). In your story, Sirius still needed months of mind healing after being released, so my question is if Azkaban is bad for everyone or just the good guys?
Either way, keep up the good work :)

hakon2feb.
Z chapter 34 . 7/14
Yasssss
B A chapter 15 . 7/14
Cuff hgg b tc McKinney o Jr dwevcheckdBh jt8 object toc*Sdd3. TheWZDDYT w as r6 c ts ax
JCCDragons chapter 34 . 7/13
Somehow I keep misreading the title of this story as "To Snape and Change"... :)
But anyways, I really enjoyed reading this story!
ForTheLoveOfEmmett chapter 34 . 7/13
I just finished this and I loved it just as much as Dark Memories. You're a fantastic writer.
eternal-7827 chapter 34 . 7/12
I'd leave a longer comment but I'm close to tearing up. I love you've wrapped everything up towards a service perspective, will everyone content to shape and change. Thank you for a great read!
eneath chapter 33 . 7/11
I just finished reading this story, for the second time, and I wanted to let you know I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing this!
L'Angleterre chapter 2 . 7/10
It's been so long since I read a good!Dumbledore fic. Love this so much.
Hitmen101 chapter 34 . 7/8
Broght a smile to my face at the end of the story thanks for book! :)
IamKroGan1 chapter 34 . 7/6
Good story, thoroughly enjoyed it.
StormyFireDragon chapter 34 . 7/4
I have read this story multiple times and will probably read it many more times. I love this story. Didn't you write Lets do the time warp again?
9,007 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »