Reviews for To Shape and Change
firetemplar415 chapter 34 . 7/17
Oh snap! A story were snape isn't thrashed inexplicably or stupidly but revered as a good person and character?!
I really enjoyed tour story.
Thank you for sharing it with everyone.
shiiki chapter 8 . 7/17
It's interesting to see how everything plays out when the adults are being competent. Sprout, for example, doling out punishment to Smith where it's due. In canon, we get very involved hating the unfairness and injustice of it all, which I find makes it easier to get immersed in the story. Having the adults step in and make the right decisions is really gratifying, but also I think it takes interest away a bit from the kids. Luckily, you've got some interesting stuff going on with the teachers too. I'm finding their thoughts and actions more intriguing!
shiiki chapter 3 . 7/17
Still enjoying your Snape perspective here-a Snape with all the regrets from his first 'lifetime' and the impetus to do better this time, amidst the complications of doing it in a way that doesn't give things away. Harry is certainly quite trusting in this timeline! We know obviously that Snape isn't poisoning him, but it does seem blindingly trusting that he just takes it as a matter of course that he should just follow and drink the potions Snape sent. But then, I suppose with his first mentor to the wizarding world being Snape rather than Hagrid at this stage, I can sort of see this possibility.
shiiki chapter 2 . 7/17
I just found your story-it was covered recently in PotterFicWeekly, and I wandered over to read. I am enjoying this new view in your alternate timeline, and I wanted to drop a note on this chapter particularly because Petunia's reasoning for having Harry in the cupboard was extremely plausible. I'd never thought of it before, but it made a lot of sense! And of course Snape was right about why Harry would have hid inside, and that Petunia just never cared to think more on the subject matter. It fits so well into canon, not just this timeline, so I had to pause between chapters to commend you for it!
reddir chapter 3 . 7/16
Loving this so far.

Its fun to see Harry with a supportive stable adult figure, and a nice bonus that it isn't some OP character or someone who goes overboard like in other fics.

Also, surprising to me, I am enjoying reading about Snape as a sympathetic character...almost the hero of the story. It is very refreshing. Maybe it is just due to contrast with the venom we'd (readers) built up from Rowling's writings, but this has been quite pleasant for me.
Averagefish chapter 34 . 7/14
I wanted to compliment you on your originality and detail in this. It has been tremendously fun to read. I have no constructive criticism for you, because your only mistakes encompass occasional typos. I hope you are still writing, enjoying life, and creating new things. Congratulations on your great work and thank you for your contribution to fan fiction.
Mezzer 5.2 chapter 34 . 7/13
Just found this story! I thoroughly enjoyed it and spent an entire day reading the whole thing! Thank you for sharing your creativity!
sarahsezlove chapter 33 . 7/12
So good to read this fabulous story again.
SianyCat chapter 34 . 7/11
Love Mage Harry stories this one was great
Miaca Whit chapter 34 . 7/11
Superb
'Twas Great !
I have finished this story just now. Trust me when I say it only gets better! Oh, and allow me to remark on the geniusness of Neville's stuttering knock on this chapter. Absolutely Fantastic!
KirklandBonnefoy78 chapter 34 . 7/10
This is one of the best Fanfic I had read. Thank you for sharing it. With Respect and Awe, Reader
This was an amazing book and by far one of my favourites. I wish that I could 'vote' on every chapter, because every one was amazing. I love how it is so unique, and flows seamlessly.
I admire how you stepped out of the norm, and changed the canon to make your story more interesting and unique.
You also had very little mistakes (as far as I know) which made the read all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for making such an awesome book, and I hope that you continue to make many more stories until you can no longer write. Thank you again!
Dave chapter 34 . 7/7
Great story! Thanks for the fantastic read!
omh666 chapter 34 . 7/5