Reviews for To Shape and Change
omh666 chapter 34 . 7/5
Very nice conclusion.
This is such a brilliant story! a very unique AU!
Zaraelys Soulrage chapter 34 . 7/4
this was quite an amazing story.
VictoriaJL chapter 19 . 7/3
i sniffed..and nearly cried.
omh666 chapter 4 . 7/2
I'm a little confused how Ron Weasley got sorted before Harry Potter, but other than that an excellent read.
Nekohana chapter 29 . 6/25
Oh, your explaination of the diary is here.
That's far from the first time horcrux is mentioned.
Did anyone never actually ask that before?!
esoulix chapter 34 . 6/23
I loved this. I have read it off and on this past week, (life kept getting in the way) and I have to say that it totally wasn't what I was expecting walking in the proverbial door. I actually don't really know what I was expectingbut I know it wasn't this. Maybe I was expecting Harry to be a Slytherin, especially after Sev got him interested in Parselmagic, but a Hufflepuff? By the way, your take on Parselmagic really blindsided me. I adore it, and it's my personal canon now. If I ever read another portrayal of Parselmagic again, and it isn't healing and protection, it will feel all kinds of wrong. I love the Healer!Harry trope, and you played it perfectly. At first I wasn't sure what to think of Harry curing Werewolves, or of him curing Alice and Frank, but you avoided the fanfic pitfalls and played it beautifully. The ICW getting involved was fun, and their politician bastard reaction to Voldemorts resurrection was great and totally realistic and believable. As well as the 'good egg' of the bunch reaching out to Harry and Lucius moving from the Darker side into a more grey area. Also, Severus sorta kinda naming his kid after Harry was really cathartic for some strange obscure reason (ie. Albus Severus). I loved the way you ended itVoldemort is defeated by the power of self sacrifice, wherein he was barely held together with the pins and needles of unwilling sacrificial magic. Harry getting a scar for saving Draco's life (and then KEEPING IT and being FOND of it) I think was telling... of who Harry will live to be and the direction the story will head. I still didn't expect Harry to use that Rite, though. From what I can remember of all the HP fics I have read (and I have read a lot), out of the ones that used the 'Lily uses a self sacrificing ritual to save Harry's life' trope have never had Harry then using that very same Rite on someone else to defeat Voldemort. Other than A Marauders Plan, but that one went a COMPLETELY different route from the one you went in, one that was more in the direction of connectivity, ancient sacrifices, and the power of a Witches magic, something I was fond of and found very progressive for fanfiction. Of course, also Child of the Storm also made Lily's Love a huge part of the plot, but less from the ritual itself and more of the sheer power of Lily's Motherly Love. This was an angle I never considered, and it was absolutely incredible. I also loved your Snape, and his motives and mounted regrets. Your Albus was also really refreshing, as he is too often villainized and usually loses a huge part of his personality when someone writes him. His love and protectiveness over children was on par with what I know of him from the books, and the way he doesn't take himself too seriously and isn't out to manipulate everyone into doing his bidding is a stark contrast to the way he is usually written in fanfiction. In short I loved him, Harry, Severus, and your Poppy. If this were Archive of Our Own I would give you a Kudo, log out, create three more accounts (because I gave three email accounts), and give you Kudos on those too. As this is ff. net I have to settle for favouriting you and your work. I think I'll reread Dark Memories and then final read Time (which has been on my reading list for, like, forever, much like this one). Thanks for writing, I loved this fic, and please continue writing in the future! I greatly enjoyed this reading experience.
Nekohana chapter 12 . 6/23
Actually, wouldn't Voldemort at least have one horcrux? You know, the diary is stil there...
JumpingToaster chapter 12 . 6/17
At least Potter isn't going to say things like 'Do this in remembrance of me' anytime soon. Heh.

On a side note, I would find the world of Harry Potter to be a nightmare to live in regardless of whether you are a magical or not.
RSegovia chapter 34 . 6/17
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story over the last few days. It has a few flaws, but the characters were compelling and the ending was certainly satisfying.
moodysavage chapter 34 . 6/16
wow... just...wow. This story was so amazing. I spent days reading it whenever I had the chance and everything about it was perfect. I would have thought I would miss the adventures the Golden Trio got into over the years but I really didn't. Harry had his own storyline that didn't have to follow those steps and you did a wonderful job of weaving in the plot of the original storyline as important but not THE plot... Harry with his focus on healing and doing his best was perfectly done. And those around him... I really liked how you were able to make Albus so likable... not a cold manipulator which is written so often and not an oblivious fool. And I loved loved loved your Severus. He didn't try to be a parent (also so often done) but he didn't manipulate for the sole goal of changing the war... he genuinely cared. It was just wonderful. And I liked how small changes had big impacts such as your Voldemort. His focus on draining the magic from children was chilling and also well done. Your character development, pacing, suspense... perfectly wonderful.

I feel like going on and on about what I liked. Like Severus' reaction when Harry was put in Hufflepuff lol. But there are too many to name. Thank you for completing and sharing this wonderful story. As an author... you are awesome:)
MyKala chapter 34 . 6/14
This is the best Snape story I have ever read.
OhWowItsMikel chapter 34 . 6/14
You know, we don't have lifesavers in the UK. The closest thing would be fruit polos.
I think this may have been one of the best fanfictions I have read and I've read a lot. Well done!
Kairos chapter 27 . 6/9
T. What an awesome chapter!
8,556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »