Reviews for To Shape and Change
Gascon Noir chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
Blueowl,

This is my first review of your story, "To Shape and Change," because I came across it while browsing Harry Potter Fanfictin communities and read all the chapters through in one sitting.

Please accept my gratitude for what must have been many hours of thought and labor; the result has brought me much enjoyment, and will soon be the object of a re-read on my part.

Severus Snape is my favorite character in the series. I recall the first time I read the revelation of his true nature in the chapter "The Prince's Tale" in the final volume of the canon. It left me breathless, and completely altered my perception of the series.

Your characterization and re-imagining has had a similar effect on me. I agree with your decision to depart so completely as to put Harry in a different house, give him a new set of friends, have his magical gift be healing rather than broom flying, etc. Those changes make for a more mature and reflective narrative.

Another aspect of your tale that stands apart in my mind is the insights into motivations that you place into the character's stream of consciousness; Snape's explanation of the implications of the Malfoy life-debt, and the psychology of house elves are two examples.

As for the future, I trust your ceative judgment. One comment from a new fan, when I imagine Snape and Dumbledore, I think of them speaking like the classic Masterpiece Theater presentations put on by the BBC; erudite, precise, and reflective of wide learning and immense intelligence. In several passages of your story this is the case, but in others they speak like the other characters, using contractions and colloquelisms. Just a thought.

Thanks again. I look forward to chater fifteen.

Gascon Noir
EagleBlaze chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
Hmm...sounds interesting.

I hope that nothing to horrible comes of this. I was just wondering, since your version of Harry can heal werewolves, could he get rid of the Dark Mark as well?

Keep up the very good work!

EagleBlaze
White Alchemist Taya chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
Is it the white magiks fault? It's just something that has to be looked into, especially if people are getting sick.
Smoochynose chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
I wondering when the concequences of healing werewolves would come in.
Cerulean Night chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
Excellent story, I look forwards to the following chapters :)
EnchantedKisses chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
Wow! What a fantastic chapter. Glad to hear the next part is underway. I'm dying over here! Please update soon!
sanyal chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
dark hot tea and chocolate milk for lunch ? after all that speech about nourishment ? not even chicken soup & sandwich or a good healthy stew, but, chocolate milk !
cyiusblack chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
update soon
mekareami chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
I have really enjoyed your story so far and am sad to have run out of chapters :( I hope your muse and RL permit an update soon. Very interesting premise you have here. Thank you for writing.
Darklight-phoenix chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
brilliant work...update soon
DizzyZina chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
Oh God! Everyone else will become werewolves now?
Kelly chapter 14 . 1/25/2011
Let me guess the white magic had a side effect.
Nemo Blank chapter 14 . 1/25/2011
Great story! well written and compelling.
stardrowyahoo.com chapter 14 . 1/25/2011
nice story...i have to pipe up with...i think the White magic acts as a vaccine and when harry heals it spreads the vaccine to others...and now everyone is immune to lycanthropy
RoseThorn81 chapter 14 . 1/25/2011
Luv it!

But really hope his cure isn't dangerous!

Can't wait for the next chapter!
8,535 | « Prev Page 1 .. 423 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 443 .. Last Next »