Reviews for To Shape and Change
nanami chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Do not get rid of Hedwig!
mudbloodpotter05 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
okay- just to clarify- snape is only going to be a good 'friend' to harry, right?

i have to say i really liked this chapter, it is a great start to what i hope is an even greater story.

which brings me to my first question.

how do you plan on going about the chapters/ story? is it going to be an ongoing story of harry's hogwarts years, or is there going to be 'time-jumps'?

i will more than likely get my questions answered as you write the story, so i will do my best to remain patient.

keep up the great work!
BladeMaxwell-GoddessofDeath chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I like the twist on the time travel.

It is an interesting idea and I am curious as to where you are planning to take it.

I look forward to your updates as you see fit.

Great start

Kudos

Blade
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
All the time travel fics I've read before were of Harry, and sometimes others going back. I'm very intrigued by the idea of Snape going back. I think you've managed to keep Snape in character fairly well, giving reasons for the change in his behavior. Keep up the good work!
mboz1018 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I love this story so far! I don't think I've ever seen a story where Severus goes back in time. But it seems like a perfect idea. He can do so much more to change the future than Harry who seems to always be the one to go back in time. He is a death eater spy, order of the phoenix member, teacher, head of house who everyone either respects or fears, and not just some kid who doesn't know what he is talking about. I look forward to seeing what happens with this story.
hpbrat2 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I love it so far. I like the idea of Voldemort winning and Harry and Sev being desperate enough to try something crazy, which, there is no doubt, time travel is. I understand the not sure when you'll have time thing, but I can't wait to read what comes next. I think it's super fascinating. With Snape at his back, he would definitely be a different person during school. I look forward to seeing what happens. I wonder how Dumbledore is going to handle the news...Thanks!
jumping-jo chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
great story intresting twist on who goes back in time looking forward to hearing more about it
Darth Drafter chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
There is a lot of promise here. I don't often like Harry/Severus stories but you seem to have struck a fine balance. Please continue.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
very very good... I like you have Severus remain true to his core personality in this... excellent job.
SablePhoenix chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Great first chapter. I like the idea of Severus going back in time with Harry's help - and the inside knowledge gained from him - in order to help Harry. I always felt that as much as Severus cared about Lily, he should have been more tolerant of her son even if he was James Potter's son. He was, after all, a part of her too. You've done a wonderful job with the first chapter and I look forward to seeing where you take your readers.
shubhendu dutta chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
A very good start. Waiting for next post.
Lexi0521 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
So far, I love it. I look forward to your next installment.

It is unbelievably nice to see Snape given a second chance!
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Ooo, this looks like lots of fun. I love a good Snape. :D
Anamorphus chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
That is a really brilliant idea.

I LIKE those stories where Harry travels back before his first year.

This is so similar, but also refreshingly different.

Keep it going, I will be reading it!
A.E.Vespera chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
You have the beginnings of a very nice plot going here. I like your AU take on things; there seem to be enough differences to make a longer story while still relating it to canon enough to preserve the general themes of the original text. Also, I am anticipating learning more about Snape's approach to developing Harry's magical talent through his abilities, etc. You make a number of very valid points about his magical abilities being hindered by neglect, etc.

Additionally, I like how you have portrayed Snape thus far. At first, I thought it was odd that Snape was behaving decently toward Harry (and dare I say nice to him?), but as the chapter progressed I interpreted that his motives were more hinged on the idea that it was necessary to prevent the rise of Voldemort. I do not think Snape would necessarily treat Harry kindly unless he had a very clear objective motive. Judging by the material in canon, I believe we can assume that Snape has very deep prejudices about Harry due to James that would not be easily overcome. With that being said, I am very interested in learning more about the back story to this piece.

Update soon? Please?