Reviews for Arsenic and Red Lace
FireBreathingDragon16 chapter 9 . 12/24/2013
This is amazing, I could imagine it as an episode!
Rosepeony chapter 9 . 7/24/2013
Hello,

I hope you stumble upon this rather belated review for this story. I came to it very late when I was becoming frustrated by the paucity of quality Mentalist stories one day.

You had me in tears and giggles on several occasions ... there are so many good things I could say about your writing but 'if I start I just don't know that I'd be able to stop'... although I have to say that I did spot where you were going very early on, but it didn't spoil my enjoyment and I loved that Jane was conflicted but his thoughts of Lisbon pulled him back.

Anyway I've also read another of you Mentalist stories and will get round to the others in due course, but inevitably I will run out ... SO PLEASE PLEASE WRITE ANOTHER !
Idahohorsegirl92 chapter 9 . 3/21/2013
That was beautiful...
Water-please chapter 9 . 12/6/2012
Heart wrenching story. Very, very, sad.
I feel for Lisbon! And Jane, of course.
4077th chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
The banter is just amazing, the nursing home names had me literally rolling. The format is interesting, it feels like a script.
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 9 . 9/27/2012
Amazing!
janesbiotch chapter 5 . 8/14/2012
those old ladies are poisoning the widdowes. That's what he's doing right, He's letting them poison him as well. Damn you Jane.
Cliara Aedai chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
Wow, this was really good, thanks for writing it! Going to check out your other stories now!
ClaMiAl chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
Kinda sad, kinda creepy, very touching, and an intriguing read. Nicely done!
G.E Waldo chapter 9 . 12/3/2011
Very well written and episodic. There are too few really solid Mentalist fic's out there. Glad to have found this one. Kudos!
ShadowBallad chapter 9 . 11/4/2011
Hiya!

Great story. :) I loved how Lisbon took Jane to task for risking his life, when she obviously cares about him so much. Very touching moment. :)

Great story really sums it all up for me. :)

ShadowBallad chapter 8 . 11/4/2011
Hiya again!

I loved how sad and angsty this chapter was. Especially enjoyed the part where Jane is slowly being affected more and more by the arsenic. The widows also add a nice touch; doing something so horrible, and yet being so sincere in their belief that it is the right thing to do.

Also enjoyed the interspersed quotes from Hamlet. My second-favorite Shakespeare tragedy after MacBeth. :)

Really great chapter!

ShadowBallad chapter 7 . 11/4/2011
Hiya again!

Really, really enjoyed this chapter. I loathe visits to the doctor, and needles, so I'm completely with Jane on wanting to be out NOW.

Funny funny stuff! I loved all Jane's reactions to the typical repertoire of doctor visits - weight, height, blood pressure, etc. Hilarious. And of course Lisbon vowing to keep the safety on her Glock made me smile. :)

Cheers!

ShadowBallad chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
I enjoy the relationship here between Jane and Lisbon. I also really liked the line: "He was splashing her with that deep, deep water." You have such wonderful turns of phrase. Like calling Rigsby the Peanut Man. Very amusing!

What I love most about this story and all your Mentalist stuff is how unerringly true you are to the characters' personalities and voices. You've a real talent there, no overly saccharine flattery intended. :)

ShadowBallad chapter 5 . 11/3/2011
Loved this chapter!

Deep, serious Jane was a pleasure to read. I like how he finds a mirror image in Eugene Holloway and the sudden accidental death of Eugene's wife, and the man's consequent sadness. I also love how Lisbon picks up on that and offers subtle comfort. Very touching moment between them. :)