Reviews for The Sunset
KaribookWorm chapter 3 . 11/9/2013
this is amazing :)
TheHouseWitch chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Wow, this was incredibly beautiful. I know it's long since you posted this story but regardless I wanted to leave a review to tell you how beautiful I found this story. I have been haunting down some Elrond and Celebrían fanfic and I must say that you captured them so well. I like that you added his doubt of his heritage, though his heritage is mighty and worthy, he still has doubt about the fact that he is half-elven and that is the main reason he couldn't allow himself to express his love for her.
I think the conversation between him and Galadriel and Celeborn was really good. I think you really brought forth their understanding though they of course showed their doubts but nontheless respected him for what he was and trusted their daughter's judgement. I hate to read stories where Galadriel and Celeborn don't approve of their union because in my eyes they had known him for a long time and held him in high regards but your vision of them was absolutely spot on. I liked how Elrond remained collected though this conversation was difficult for him and I like that Celeborn really tried to show him that his only dilemna was the fact that he was a Peredhel.
And I absolutely loved the sequence between Elrond and Celebrían and her acceptance. In my mind Celebrían is incredibly likeable and lovely, and you really showed that aspect in her. I love the metaphor's in this story, especially that she liked watching the sunset because it was when the night hugs the day. For sure Elrond would be the night and she would be the day.
Truly beautiful.
LalaithElerrina chapter 3 . 8/15/2012
This was a sweet story. There were a few parts where they grammar and/or word order threw me off a little, but the story overall, was very lovely.
ElisabethAsteriaPotter chapter 3 . 6/24/2012
I liked how you show Elronds feelings and fears, and how you show Celeborn and Galadriel.

I enjoyed this because it was very cute and loving, and a bit fluffy, without being ridicuolus or emberassing.

The emtions in the story felt really, and they weren't to big or to small. I like how you don't make things too dramatic.

I'm starting to feel that I'm praising your storys a lot more than I usually praise stories, but I guess they are just that good.

iiiionly chapter 3 . 10/1/2011
It's taken awhile, but I'm finally keeping my promise to stop by and read some of your stories. Been a bit of a crazy summer and I hope to catch up some on the things I haven't gotten done.

I'm such a sap anyway, but this was a lovely piece of work, Sadie Sil, you had me in tears by the end of it, and several times I caught my breath at a turn of phrase. I particularly liked the image you evoked as Celebrain talks about the time when evening hugs the night ... gorgeous imagery.

Loved to the sort of movie verse flash of Elrond's future children in this last chapter. You've done a fabulous job of capturing Elrond's vulnerability when it comes to love. I had never though about how the events of his life and the way he *sees* his roll in the history of Middle-earth would color his perception of what it meant to love and be loved. This story shaped a whole new world of thoughts for me as regards Elrond and Celebrain.

Lovely, lovely interlude! I will get to others as well, since I see you have a couple about Legolas, but am feeling the need to go write myself just now.

so will catch ya later!

Puxinette chapter 3 . 2/1/2011
Very nice ending to a great story. I'd never really thought about Celebrian's choice in marrying Elrond. Very well thought out and the writing was full of wonderful imagery too.

"Elrond then breathed out and turned his steps to where his heart had long been claimed, while he tried not to think about coincidences, views, chances or risks. He would just do what they had asked him to and see what kind of fruits, sweet or bitter, that decision would offer him at the end of that path."

Puxinette chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Don't ask me how I accomplish these things, but this review is really for Ch. 1 and Ch. 2's review is where the Ch. 1 review should be! Oh well. Now that I have you thoroughly confused, here is my review for Ch. 2:

I LOL at this sentence:

"If Beren had done that you would not be here, you fool."

But I loved the exchange between Celeborn, Galadriel and Elrond. So formal and completely not what Elrond expected. Great writing!
Puxinette chapter 2 . 1/31/2011
I don't know how I missed this story! It is wonderful, at least what I've read so far is. I LOVED this image:

"And Elrond hadn't seen her for a long time, keeping, however, the memory of a moment when the bright of a couple of blue eyes dared to move in his direction, offering him something beyond a mere memory. Something that, undisciplined, Elrond's heart insisted on naming hope."

Such wonderful imagery. But that's what I've come to expect from any and all of Sadie's stories.
Nimrodel Lorellin chapter 3 . 1/9/2011
Meu Eru, e eu nem sabia que vc já havia traduzido suas fics para o inglês! E que orgulho irmãzinha!

A fic está linda, confirmando o que eu já suspeitava! O que vc escreve é perfeito em qualquer idioma!

E pelo número de reviews vejo que esse pessoalzinho que fala inglês tem tanto bom gosto quanto eu, rssssssss!

Parabéns que está lindo!

Nim chapter 3 . 12/29/2010
You have to translate the other texts, Sadie. They sound so beautiful in English. Please translate the twins stories. I love them.

Be - Who wants to read more of Elrond and Celebrian as well chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
Oh my! Some parts sounds even better in English.

Be chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Nice beginning. I've already loved this one in Portuguese. I am sure I will love it in English as well. You are a brave one. Congratulations.

L. Casablanca chapter 3 . 12/18/2010
Oh, God, this is so cute! We totally need more Elrond/Celebrian fanfiction! I loved your story!
Myri chapter 3 . 11/16/2010
LIndo em português, lindo em inglês, com direito a uma das cenas mais marcantes e poéticas que já li, sobre dois elfinhos qual whirlwinds (essa deve ter dado trabalho para achar, hehehehe).

Sempre admirada,

Khylea chapter 3 . 11/14/2010
Sadie, I'm not sure what your native language is, but let me assure you, your English is far better than my *insert your native tongue here*. Yes, some of your phrasing is not quite right, but you get your point across, and that's what is most important. This was a lovely story, and I hope you post more. And besides, the more you write, the better your English will get.

50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »