Reviews for Pausing to Smell the Roses
Lara140112 chapter 1 . 11/12
I like that, I actually like that a lot. I never enjoyed C. protrayal of Susan and the whole "not being a friend of Narnia" anymore, because she enjoyed life and had a little Phase where she enjoyed boys, fashion and the nice things in life.
Happydragon5 chapter 1 . 11/5
Loved it! Absoloutely loved it. It's nice to finally see a story in which Susan was left behind because she still had a purpose on earth, and that she lived a worthwhile and fulfilled life and did earn the title of Susan the Gentle. Well done. I'm so pleased I found this story!
jamester56 chapter 1 . 6/20
I love the usual stories about Susan - with her eventually coming back to the faith - but it's really great to see a new take on her story, too.

If you are looking for other stories in a similar vein, there was this really excellent crossover with Rise of the Guardians (don't ask me why, but it totally worked, even when it didn't make too much sense). The actual plot is totally different, but the Susan in it is very much the faithful, Gentle Queen of Narnia that you wrote here.
DS chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Amazing! Of all the possible future scenarios of Susan, I love this one the best!
ChilliLemons chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
This is perhaps the finest oneshot in the fandom. It does such justice to Susan's character, and doesn't put down Earth in relation to Narnia. Susan truly seems like the Gentle Queen here. Wonderful characterisation. A marvelous read.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
this story is so beautiful. i have read this many times and i love to re-read it.
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Great story!
TheQueenofErynLagasryn chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Lovely Truly a Beautiful fic
TakeYouBySurprise055 chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
The way Susan is portrayed in The Last Battle, her accepting the human world and living in it seemed a negative thing. So thank you for this new take on Susan's life and outlook to Narnia, Aslan and moving on. I loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
This certainly puts a different perspective on what happened to Susan and what her life was about. Good story!
Purpleread chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Wow, this was really nice.
El Reino chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
I actually liked this a lot. A lot of stories do indeed try to excuse Susan because of her make-up and boys and "grown up thinking." Or they vilify her for moving on. But the thought of Susan learning to be content in the world she is in appeals to me. Her siblings only got to Aslan faster, that is all. This little story is actually making me think, really, which is awesome. Thanks for writing!
El R.
Random person chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
I really like this, especially the idea of Susan, in a way, being the wisest of them all. I think it really does fit her character. I mean, like you said, she is Queen Susan the Gentle.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
A different interpretation of Susan, but plausible.
Rachel A. Prongs chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
I enjoyed this. Why indeed shouldn't she love both worlds.