Reviews for What I Learned at SRU
courtara chapter 135 . 3/3
Oh my goodness. I've been slowly but surely making my way through this story since August 2015. And it was FANTASTIC. Thank you so much for writing this beautiful piece of art. Not gonna lie, started tearing up during that last official chapter lol. This sorry was glorious, thank you :D
I know the last update was quite a long time ago... but I really wanted to let you know what I think.

At first, I sorta doubted SRU. Things like slow pacing, inconsistencies, unnecessary information, grammatical/spelling errors and even some rather irritating and dramatic characters worried me sometimes. I was also worrying about the gang issues and the shooting and all of that- I thought these would somehow ruin the original theme of SRU.

But eventually, you proved to me that this story is worth it. It's long, it's a bit rough around the edges... but it was worth it. Those gang issues? They didn't ruin the story- instead, they helped shape it into something different (which is good). And those annoying characters? I realised that they are imperfect, just like me. Just like the rest of us.

I loved 'What I Learned at SRU' because I knew that YOU were so passionate about it. By being a passionate storyteller, you can also make passionate readers.

I have to admit: SRU was one crazy ride... and I learned plenty of things from it. Thank you for sharing this with us.
dragonmancers chapter 67 . 1/23
see, the way you're writing kataang is exactly how i see it
they're just so connected to each other, like, they understand each other better than anyone else. and love each other for it
dragonmancers chapter 65 . 1/23
aaasssss i was saying about those music sections...yaaa you made me cry damn it
dragonmancers chapter 64 . 1/23
see, katara's thoughts in this chapter really highlight why i ship kataang so much
god i love the music segments, its really amazing, cant get enough
dragonmancers chapter 60 . 1/23
...that last passage was...amazing
dragonmancers chapter 37 . 1/22
loved the poem
Steeeveee chapter 134 . 1/21
Took me a week but I finished it! I loved the use of different voices throughout this. Good balance of different character perspective. Interesting story arcs. Great character appropriation. And the accompanying links to fanart and music was a fantastic idea which really set the scene for me. Loved it. Would read again.
Guest chapter 135 . 10/15/2015
You seem like a pretty great writer. I was just about to start reading your fanfiction. I know how it feels to feel like nothing you do matters. But don't listen to those lies. Someone, somewhere appreciates you. I do. And apparently so do hundreds of others. I'm sure what I learned at SRU is going to be awesome and keep your head up. I'll be praying for you and I know you're going somewhere.
Samantha Morse chapter 134 . 6/27/2015
I LOVE this! Your amazing. I feel so complete, but empty. I did it. I read it all. And I love it! You inspired my life to do bigger and better things. I'm graduating in a month or two. But this was amazing. This really is an original series. Hope that Rokodai is as good as this!

Samantha Morse chapter 133 . 6/27/2015
Saying goodbye is hard for siblings who are close. I don't know how I ever lived without SRU. You captured the moment perfectly. Almost there, one more chapter. Then on to What I Learned at Rokodai.
Samantha Morse chapter 132 . 6/27/2015
So heartwarming! I can see how everyone is sticking together and showing respect. Smellershot, Maiko, Kataang, and Tokka. All so wonderfully blessed to have one another. I've seen change in their lives and the quotes go well with the following scenes. Dazzle me Eddy, dazzle me.
Samantha Morse chapter 130 . 6/26/2015
It seems odd to me to see Azula and Zuko getting along. But I expect the unexpected!
Samantha Morse chapter 129 . 6/26/2015
Wow. Deep confessions were made. Even more surprising is that Aang reminds me of my boyfriend Noah. Dorky, handsome, and filled with forgiveness. I have a group in college as well. But, were more like a club, Noah, Mandy, Brian, Donte, Maya, and I, Samantha, are the S.W.A.T.T. So similarity occurs.
Samantha Morse chapter 127 . 6/25/2015
How cute is that! Little Katara, and her mother,sharing heartwarming thoughts.