Reviews for What I Learned at SRU
Jnoas chapter 134 . 1/28
This is the best story on this site that Ive read. Fantastic characters, great stories, amazing drama, good humor and so on. There is barley anything bad about this series and the little problems I had pales in comparison to the good, its insignificant.

But I feel like I should name my problems anyway. Firstly, I feel like Katara was way to overbearing sometimes, but I understand why shes written that way and that that may be the point but anyway i found it to be a bit much at times.
I also think the whole crime-drama stuff had to much of a presence and that the whole conspiracy thing was way way to much, I feel like that should have been reduced to a more local crimewar and not this giant mess of a thing it became.
Thirdly, the romance starter for Kataang, meaning Aang kissing Katara, came a bit out of nowere. Thee were a few hints earlier that Aang had feelings for Katara but other than that their whole romance was fantastic. It would have been funny to see how the others in the Kesuk home reacted the morning after Anng and Katara had sex for the first time, maybe also how they found out.

Now to the good stuff wich is WAY to much to name so Ill just say that I loved every single part of the story. My favorite moments are: When Aang saved Korra and Katara from the united republic, Jane and Korra taking out Combustion man, everyy time Korra spent time with Jinora, Ikki and Milo, Aang and Korra teaching each other things( meditation and boxing stands out). Then we have every Kataang moment wich is mainly due to Kataang being my favorite paring EVER. I relly enjoyed the Taang relationship also and it was heartbreaking to see them slowly get torn apart but also great to see them both come out better in the end. I absolutly adore the whole of Janes story, it was great throughout. The fearsom fivesomes inside jokes were wery funny.
I could go on and on naming great things of the story so Ill stop here.

Ive been basicly obsessed with this sence I found it about a week ago. That a pretty big suprice that I read through it all in less than a week considering this story has a higher word count than the whole Harry Potter saga wich has slightly under 1 million words while this has 1,1 million. Its almost twice as long as the second longest fanfiction Ive read witch was "Writing in water" wich is a AtlA fiction that tells the entire story from Kataras pespective through a diary (great story btw) and is between 600-700 k words wich took me 1-2 months. Well that shows how much i was hooked to this story.

Well this is getting long enough and as I said this is the greatest fiction Ive read so Ill be stopping now. Good work and I wish you luck in following your passion to write more great stories. Hopefully it will go well with your curent project rewriting this story to stand alone from AtlA "What i learned at Rokudai".

See ya!
chiefsnoozles chapter 134 . 1/2
I have read this story so many times, and every time I read that last line chills go down my spine, no matter where I am or who I'm with... it's so good that it's scary. I love this story just as much as I love Avatar and LoK in general... it's insane what someone can do when they sit down in front of a computer and just, well, write.
Marchonea chapter 59 . 12/29/2014
KATAANGGGGGGG HAPPENZZZZZZZ :DDDDDDDD
Marchonea chapter 54 . 12/29/2014
This was incredibly emotional and touching. The part where Toph doesn't want to accept the reality of the breakup... That particularly rang true to me and reminds me of what went down between me and my ex-boyfriend. I sympathise with the drawn out ending of such a relationship too... But I feel the song wraps all of those feels of pain and sadness - eventually followed by acceptance - really well. Beautiful.
Marchonea chapter 13 . 12/21/2014
I fricking love Toph. Who doesn't love music, Aang aaannndddd... POTATOES! (my personal true love comes in the form of those underground tuber roots... Mmmmmmmmmmm)
MasterSyna chapter 134 . 11/4/2014
Hellooo, im very interested in your story, i tried to read it a lot of times... but, english is not my first language, so, is not easy for me to read it.. Have you ever consider translate it to spanish? You have no idea how many people would like that. Im glad you finish it... Have a nice day!
Jetrock chapter 134 . 8/4/2014
You finished it! Yay!
BootsandCatsandDrafts chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
THANK YOU FOR CARING ABOUT GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE :D The story is great btw!
Grace chapter 134 . 6/18/2014
Hi! I just wanted to say I nominated this story for a fan fiction Grammy award for best long chapter fic. I truly believe you have an amazing gift and I hope you continue to share your gift with the world. The link is . .
alleemaria chapter 29 . 5/30/2014
Wow... This was very... Brave of you to write this, and it is (I think) very realist and Jane's reaction, becoming "Smellerbee" is astounding... This is really a dark chapter as you said it, but it's very, very, very well written. I don't know what else to say... But it really was well written.
I'm a Lover not a Hater chapter 134 . 5/26/2014
This fanfiction is not just that, it so has evolved into something much much more. It has taken characters we all know from a show we all love and has given them more depth. It has taken them through the grinder that is life, it has broken bonds and forged more in their place, but more than anything it has shown the potential of each and everyone. That is what I learned from this at least. I wished this story did not have to end. That it would continue until everyone has graduated and on and on and on to ever after. Unfortunately, everything must have and ending as all things have a beginning. But I won't be sad that this story has ended, instead I will be glad that you, the writer, has written and made it possible for me to read it. Who knows, maybe one day I will read this all over again and think to myself "What did I learn the first time I read this?"
Guest chapter 81 . 5/8/2014
I like the story but you're writing style leaves a lot to be desired. I think the use of song lyrics is unnecessary; if I wanted music to tell me the story, I'd watch an AMV. It just detracts from the writing and shows that you aren't confident enough with your prose to convey what you're trying to say. But overall it's a great story, with well written characters that are unique but still tie in to the source material (I'd love to read more zuko though he's my favorite). Keep up the good work and I look forward to what you put out in the future.

-Charlie Campbell
Faith chapter 134 . 5/1/2014
WONDERFUL.

I will miss this story SO MUCH.
POKESPE-FAN chapter 134 . 5/1/2014
I have been reading through this from the beginning for a while now and I was so surprised at what was done with the characters and how you put them into this world and let them take there own path. With a little work it will definitely stand alone and it will be amazing. The way the plots twisted together and the characters interacted kept me on the edge. You said you saw how much a piece of writing can help somebody in real life, so I guess we can all learn something from SRU!

I am actually rather sad to see I go and I only hoped I had found it sooner!
Boris Yeltsin chapter 133 . 4/28/2014
An excellent ending indeed.