Reviews for A Tale of Snowdrops
Guest chapter 3 . 11/8/2014
*tears well up in her emerald eyes when she reads Touya's punishment* I felt Touya's pain, heard the words of his uncle and cousin, and felt as though I were the one being punished. I felt Jin's fury at Hyou and Touya's uncle, felt his concern for Touya, and felt as though I had been the one to punch Hyou, though the damn bastard deserves more. I felt every emotion, heard every sound, felt every impact, saw every sight... I was looking through their eyes.
scarf chapter 5 . 3/5/2013
Such a perfect ending for a gorgeous story! It was everything I hoped for and then some, and I loved every bit of it. So glad Touya got the chance to fight and affirm his own agency, and that he finally allowed himself to try and be happy, even if the way out was a one-way suicide plan that he didn't think would work.

It's interesting to see that there are members of the Spring Tribe that believe firmly in the separate worlds not mixing as well (and there's always the few that are boorishly vocal about it). Makes me wonder a bit about how some of the other members will react once they realize it's not just a 'making friends and visiting' sort of thing. There are a lot of members after all, and most of them don't know that much about Touya.

Oh Hyou, you poor miserable twisted asshole of a kid. Really liked the almost-brothers-but-no-because-it's-just-not-going-to-happen moment and how the fight showed how skilled Touya had gotten on his own.

And yay for believing-in-something-enough-to-stake-my-life-on-it!determined!speaking-from-the-heart!ninja!Touya! Liked how it showed how much the council were under the Ice Master's control, and the whole battle was amazingly realistic and clever and awesome (go Touya!). Hope the aftereffects on the Winter Tribe involve things and people happening and changes taking place before the upheaval in power restabilizes back into the exact same dynamics again. Loved the appearances of the kids as usual, and I think they will be alright, thanks to now knowing things don't have to be the same way (hopefully some of the grownups still step up for them so they're not stuck setting up a revolution or something in a few years, though...).

And yay for happy reunions and happy futures! Silly Touya, thinking anything would stop Jin from coming for you. And yay for Jin just being glad that Touya's alive and staying (and hopefully there will be no repeats of anything similar in the future, or that would be way too much goodbye-related trauma for the boys).

Or in short form: YAY BEAUTIFUL HAPPY ENDING *sniffle!* AND OMGYAYPOSSIBLESEQUELSYAY! *UNDIGNIFIED FLAILING!*
ChrisyTopher chapter 5 . 2/9/2013
I just want to say that this story was beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
I'm also completely overjoyed that you finished it.

Thank you for providing the beauty that is this story.
(it really needs to be more popular like wtf.)

Also! I'm excited that you said you're gonna write more for this!
middlekertz chapter 5 . 2/8/2013
YAAAYY!
scarf chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Touya's internal turmoil on so many fronts and Jin curbing his reactive responses to put Touya first and trying to put him back together with love, and both of them realizing in different ways how little Touya actually has and all the other possibilities everything could (have) be(en)...be happy, Touya! You're allowed to be! *sob*

Love that the kids are still secretly playing together, though that makes me sad for the Winter kids again. Maybe that means there'll be hope for things to be different in the future for their own kids even if it takes a generation or two...*clings to thread of hope*

And now I'm wondering if and how things are going to blow up after this night of peace. And much as it worries me, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next even if push comes to shove. Any potential explosions and burning traffic cones have been a long time coming.

(since I don't make sense at the best of times, all of that was my flailing incoherent love for the chapter...)
middlekertz chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
Yaaayy!
MeganAntionette chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
First text I received this morning?
"Did you see?! Snowdrops updated!"

Needless to say I was super excited and let me just say it was definetly worth the wait ! (:
Your writing is beautiful and the story line is fantastic; one of the best AU's I've ever read.
Even your lemon was beautiful; it wasn't just some random pointless lemon, you could really feel the character's emotions and understand how they felt.
bookbook2012 chapter 3 . 12/24/2012
This story is a lovely read! I find myself thoroughly entranced while reading. Thank you for sharing this. _
Coin Operated Pencil chapter 3 . 11/27/2012
I love your portrayal of both Touya and Jin. It's been a great read so far, and I can't wait to see Touya get outa that crappy tribe he's in. You have a way with words that makes me feel for the characters - Jin's speech is brilliant, and some of his phrases have struck me as so funny and appropriate. I kept wondering how you came up with some of the things he says, because they're just so creative and genuine. I like that the Winter tribe's children wanted to play and questioned some of their tribe's ways - it added a sense of realism to think that the members of that tribe aren't born evil, but rather, their upbringing is what turns them toward bitterness.

I haven't watched this anime series in a long time, but your story has renewed my interest in it, and I think I'll go re-watch some episodes until I have the chance to read the rest of your awesome story. If only Touya and Jin played a larger part in the series.

Thank you for sharing such a great, well-written story!
Chitose chapter 3 . 7/18/2012
Wow... looking forward to the next chapter.
middlekertz chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
Hi! I've just read this story, and I'm SO excited for the fourth chapter- not to mention the lemon. :P Please update this soon! :D
MeganAntionette chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
This is just beyond perfection ! It's so incredibly adorable and touching, can't wait to find out what happens next ! :3
DestinyAnimeLover18 chapter 3 . 5/24/2012
This. Story. Is. AMAZING! I love everything about it! Except for how Touya is treated... But it makes the story! Please update soon!
EricaAuksi chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Every time you update I that all the fanfiction gods that this story is still going on. I absolutely LOVE it. It's perfect.
scarf chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
SQUEE! FFN eats the extra characters, otherwise there'd be enough extra e's and exclamation points to break every screen in existence D Today was a rough day, and a new chapter made it all better.

I don't even know where to start, I love everything so much. I love the kids; they're hilarious and adorable and sweet and remind me of good times as a kid myself. I love how Jin's such a big kid and perfectly aware and fine with it, and all the little details like people being worried and confused because Jin was actually sitting still for once. Touya being mothered by Miyo made me melt, and "Soon as Jin found a moment, he swore he would let Touya know how beautiful he was" turned me to goo. The whole playing by the lake part was just so fun, and it was so nice to see the Winter kids playing too, and interacting with Touya (gah, I hope their parents aren't like Touya's uncle, especially if they remember from before). And "He had thought, at first sight of Jin on top of him, that he had had other intentions. Touya, unused to such closeness, such directness, had merely misunderstood" just makes me want to give Touya all the hugs in the world ;_;

And then bad things happen and it's all so intensely characterized and described and *flails* and now I kind of want to save almost everyone because it really sucks to happen to be born into the Winter tribe even if people aren't out to get you just for being born. And, oh man. "Sometimes, but not once since I met Jin." "Be patient, I'll be. Swear I will...Ya can have breakfast with all us in the mornin' an' there be plenty a' kisses in it fer ya." Touya breaks my heart and Jin almost puts it back together again (almost, because, Touya ;_;). And then the part about how there would be a war, tying back to the earlier chapters...*flails some more from edge of seat*

In case you couldn't tell, I'm glad it didn't take a year to update ) (though I totally understand when it does). I both can't wait for the next chapter (especially with what this chapter ended on), but also kind of don't want it to end...and confusing myself is a sign that I should stop rambling and go to bed ;;