Reviews for Freak on a Leash
animegus farmus chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
As much as watching the crew goshwoggled over Rayne never gets old, I like the spin regarding leashes and collars you put on the thing. Added a deeper touch to the hilarity.
Person Of A Strange Origin chapter 2 . 2/28/2012
I loved it! The metaphors were amazing and the reactions were just priceless! Especially Simon's and Mal's. I can totally see Zoe being understanding after losing Wash and seeing their love. It was beautiful! :D
TexasTurtle chapter 2 . 8/21/2011
Great. Loved it. More please. Thank you for writing and sharing.
RevDorothyL chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
Adorable! Thanks so much for posting a link to this over on "Copper for a Kiss" on LJ, since I might never have seen this otherwise.

I knew this fic was going to have some refreshing surprises from the first chapter, when Jayne's 'anger' at discovering that Fruity Oaty Bars were still being sold on that little moon was due to fear that he'd missed out on seeing River dance: "I'm gonna miss the show!"

Really well done!
Cede-Lede chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
"Well I have completely failed as a surrogate father."

BWA HA HA HA HA! Oh man, I died laughing when Mal said that. This was awesome. Both parts. Music is such a great inspiration for fic.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 2 . 2/12/2011
I have to say, DTS Guru, that this storyline intrigued me quite a bit, especially the first half of Chapter 1, where Jayne watches River "dance" while decimates an entire bar. Rayne fanfiction post BDM seldom really brings up the idea of the subliminal triggers like the Fruity Oaty Bar commercial, but seeing River get set off but control her actions is something I think the fandom needs to look at :D

And Chapter 2? It was a lovely piece of work, especially Mal's observations of Jayne's personality and behaviour drastically changing after he starts his relationship with River...not that anyone besides River and Jayne know that. That and Zoe's reaction to the revelations that River is pregnant with Jayne's kid and that Jayne loves his soon-to-be-bride quite a lot :D
NightStar28 chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
A delightfully fun read, I am so glad I found it.

thank you for sharing.
Dherea chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
This is awesome! MORE please!
basaltone chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Cute story, really enjoyed the second chapter. I like the pet analogy, it is very apt.
The Frisky Firelily chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
I really liked this little follow up, it had me feeling very tense through the first 3/4 of the chapter, which I think is really positive. I hope you continue to write! (Also, it's probably just me being creepy, but the tiniest BDSM undertones of the "leash" metaphor made me giggle!)
ArtLightLove chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
i like this very simple and to the point though a follow up would hit the spot.
BigT1587 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Not much to complain about here. My only nitpick is that I can't see River not stomping Jayne for putting his hands on licks that river got in during the fight didn't seem to be over was more a friendly could give Mal a pass because that was What Jayne did is another ,pretty good.
goddessofbirth chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
I like the idea of Jayne wanting so much to watch River fight and then join in to fight her. It seems very realistic for the pair and their personalities. Which is why I always believe they would eventually have ended up together. Thanks for sharing!
Night Lotus Blossom chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
I love how Jayne *gets* River and "danced" with her, only getting a little beat up in the process.

I also respected how he stood up for her by not allowing Simon to drug her.

Excellent use of "Freak on a Leash."

Would love to see more of this.

~NLB
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Loved the fight scene, and Jayne's... artistic appreciation. Unarmed combat as foreplay. Shiny. Give us a little more, luv.