Reviews for Promises
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Too fucking sweet I imagine the other guy as Cody!
poisongirl4 chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
wow...there is just something so haunting about first person angst, it always really hits home and this was just fabulous! I read it as Cody/Randy because I love the Candy, but I love that it could be read as anyone really.

Really beautiful fic...I loved it :D
Doorist -vyvrik chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
just to echo legacychick, i'm also a total mark for your writing 3 and this is just superb. the emotion, i love it, it's so evocative, the rotting leather digging into his neck and foam and hard wood, in fact, that whole first paragraph, blackness of the damp, halo of doom, dead clock, fucking brilliant.

and i love your descriptions, the attention to detail, the line where the makeup ends, the hole in the tights, it's all so clear, i can see every single bit of it.

i always love first person narrative, it has the potential to be so powerful but very few people do it well, and you do it so damn well you knock everyone else out of the water, this really is just brilliant writing.

i love the one & two word sentences, wink. shudder. tears prick. i cough. 333

i love the subtle emphasis you place on things and the repetition, like promise, and how it's all just so emotional, and how as you reveal it all a little bit at a time we're totally there along for the ride if that makes sense.

really brilliant, bravo :P
LegacyChick chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Wow... okay, first off: absolutely brilliant writing. I use the word brilliant to often I just realized :P But really, excellent job.

Your way to describe emotions and feelings, the little details, is just absolutely faszinating. God, I sound like a total mark now. ;aybe I am, one for your stories :P

Really, really, great... and that last sentence was just... wow :)

PS: I imagined Cody being the other guy, just because. *smirks*
AuntJackie chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
I like! Great job and if this is what insomnia does to you, maybe I should try.